Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump ends Chinese control of major US port.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 679

Trump ends Chinese control of major US port.

Oct 13, 2019, 10:23 AM

https://www.judicialwatch.org/corruption-chronicles/trump-rids-major-u-s-container-port-of-chinese-communist-control/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barry is turning over in his grave....

Oct 13, 2019, 10:28 AM

Oh! Never mind.....

The Chinese still control the Panama Canal.

Oct 13, 2019, 10:54 AM

The Chinese own pretty much everything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember when the Japanese owned everything

Oct 13, 2019, 10:58 AM

China was their successor. China will go like Japan, and we'll have to find another cheap trading partner to subsidize out debt by keeping wages flat and the cost of goods cheap.

Before Japan it was Malaysia.

One good way to tell who we're using at any given year or decade is to look at the bottom of Hot Wheels cars. My kids have a ton of them, some from when I was a kid. Some from before I was a kid. Interesting to see where they were made. All China today. All Japan in my youth. Old cars I inherited from an older cousin were all Malaysia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember when Japan was the laughing stock.

Oct 13, 2019, 6:44 PM

They build transistor radios with an many transistors as the American products. They'd put nine transistors in a portable radio with only two actually hooked up and working. By the end of the 70s and into the 1980s they had established a fairly good reputation for electronics.

One of the best sound systems I ever heard was a reel to reel recorder made in Japan in the late 1960s. The first portable TV I saw was a 5" Sony which was about 15-18" deep. It was impressive but not many made our shores.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPZ09DseJ8k

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Chinese still control the Panama Canal.

Oct 13, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to The Chinese still control the Panama Canal. ]

Yep, and they’re colonizing Africa as we speak.

Not really but their influence is growing:

Oct 13, 2019, 11:32 PM [ in reply to The Chinese still control the Panama Canal. ]

https://www.stltoday.com/opinion/editorial/editorial-while-america-slept-china-gained-a-stranglehold-on-the/article_30203f97-8324-55f0-b878-351e945c2e1c.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please ignore that this administration is

Oct 13, 2019, 11:12 AM

Blowing Gulftainer in full view.

Re: Trump ends Chinese control of major US port.

Oct 13, 2019, 6:06 PM

And here's Memphis back to his usual sterling sources.

Mediabiasfactcheck has the following concerning Judicial Watch:
Extreme Right Wing Bias, Conspiracy Theories, Propaganda, Some Fake News

That is, by the way, about as harsh a criticism as can be made about a news service.

JW's favorite tactics is "carpet bombing" - repeatedly filing Freedom Of Information Act lawsuits to obtain documents on the Clintons and other Democrats...which they then twist into defamatory reporting.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/us/politics/judicial-watch-hillary-clinton.html

They have a "horrific" record with fact checking. IFCN apparently has caught them failing fact checks over 50 times, which would have (long-since!) crashed any legitimate news service. But Judicial Watch isn't actual media, they're a smear machine.

Again, anybody posting stuff from Judicial Watch needs to be fitted for a tinfoil hat.

Judicial Watch is not news.

Oct 13, 2019, 6:48 PM

They are an opinion based organization but if you read the government documents they obtain and publish you will be much more informed. I pay little attention to their opinion but I enjoy reading the document.

Everyone would do well to download and read them. They are straight from the government archives. No spin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Judicial Watch is not news.

Oct 13, 2019, 6:51 PM

My heartfelt respect to you if you can wade through reams of government documents absent pressing reason.

I'll do it if I gotta - I did read the Mueller Report, for instance - but on the whole I'd rather have a root canal. And I read. Compulsively. Everything.

Sometimes I awake very early.

Oct 13, 2019, 9:14 PM

Of one thing I am sure from reading JW and most of what John Solomon has published. JW is very opinionated and John Solomon is not. He provides no speculation nor opinion which might influence a reader's or listener's perception or understanding of the material.

Solomon published 450 documents on Ukraine, the fired prosecutor, Berisma's BOD and major investors. I have not started that challenging task.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Re: Sometimes I awake very early.

Oct 13, 2019, 10:11 PM

Where's is John Soloman now? He's nowhere to be seen because of his misleading articles on Ukraine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Judicial Watch is not news.

Oct 14, 2019, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Judicial Watch is not news. ]

Blasts the OP sources, yet has zero to add to the conversation.

Calm down boy. You will have a heart attack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump ends Chinese control of major US port.

Oct 13, 2019, 8:05 PM

OOCL is a Hong Kong company, not a "Chinese Communist" company.

By definition, there is no such thing as a "Communist" Company. In "communist' countries, everything is owned by the state.

More disinformation from Judicial Watch designed to be consumed by those unwilling to do the research on their own.

My favorite headline from that site to date:

"TRUMP PUSHES BACK AGAINST COUP, JW BATTLES IN COURT TO QUESTION HILLARY CLINTON, & MORE!
Trump Pushes back against Coup, Mueller Conspiracy EXPOSED, NEW Lawsuits over Biden-Ukraine Scandal, JW Battles in Court to Question Hillary…"

What a steaming load...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here’s an article from last year.

Oct 13, 2019, 11:21 PM

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Taiwan-quietly-lets-Chinese-state-company-take-over-port-area

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, here’s their website:

Oct 13, 2019, 11:22 PM

https://www.oocl.com/eng/Pages/default.aspx

Replies: 16
| visibility 679
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic