Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OT- uverse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

OT- uverse

May 13, 2017, 3:02 PM

I'm thinking about swapping out direct Tv for uverse. Does anyone has an experience with uverse good or bad

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: OT- uverse

May 13, 2017, 3:16 PM

Just switched from Comcast Xfinity to ATT Uverse a couple months ago and I couldn't be happier .
Bill is lower , picture is far better and thus far I haven't had to call Bangladesh to be confused for 1 hour .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mostly Happy w/It***

May 13, 2017, 3:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2017, 3:51 PM

With at&t buying out direct they have stopped offering uverse in some areas to push ppl to the sat service & never had it in some areas due to their cable plant design.

Im with Charter & we've swapped a ton of ppl from direct & uverse because of price hikes in the last yr after their merger.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2017, 4:01 PM

Been with Uverse for 6 years- best service overall by far in my experience- and I e been through them all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unplug both and go with Amazon Firestick

May 13, 2017, 4:18 PM

Right now I pay for my Internet and Netflix.

When the regular season comes around I'll probably spring for the "Orange" package on Sling TV - an app you can download onto your Firestick just like dropping Hearts or Weatherbug or whatnot onto your phone - for an additional $20 a month so I can watch Clemson games on ESPN. I might add HBO Go again for a couple months if they ever get around to that seventh season of Game of Thrones.

For local TV I just use a digital antenna. Right now I'm paying like $60 a month total for Internet and Netflix and that's a heap more TV and movies than I can ever get around to watching.

Comparably, your bill for U-Verse is going to be probably $200 or so a month when you add it all up. Which is why everybody's cutting their cords right now. You can also get those "jailbroken" Firesticks that include Kodi - a streaming app - that allows you pretty much unlimited access to any bit of media in the world for absolute free, but that might get you some threatening messages from your Internet provider if you abuse it and at some point you know the Feds will get around to outlawing the things.

I find it very hard to believe I will ever go back to cable.

Re: unplug both and go with Amazon Firestick

May 13, 2017, 4:26 PM

My UVerse bill is 92$ a month .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: unplug both and go with Amazon Firestick

May 13, 2017, 4:36 PM

> My UVerse bill is 92$ a month .

Just wait. They'll fix that real quick. AT&T has Bill Creep down to a fine science.

They hook you in with first-year deals, then start fee'ing you to death. They'll also sign you up for stuff - and start billing you for - for stuff you neither wanted nor needed nor would ever willingly watch.

I don't know if ATT calls their internet "uverse"

May 13, 2017, 4:24 PM

if so steer clear. It's the worst internet I've ever encountered. Slow. Even worse than that, it had a data cap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I don't know if ATT calls their internet "uverse"

May 13, 2017, 4:27 PM

no problems here with uverse??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know if ATT calls their internet "uverse"

May 13, 2017, 4:55 PM [ in reply to I don't know if ATT calls their internet "uverse" ]

I just dumped U verse and DirecTV. Internet was way too slow for my preference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic