Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
to stir the pot, should MLK be METOO'd?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1,007

to stir the pot, should MLK be METOO'd?

Jun 12, 2020, 3:21 PM

https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-tapes-allege-mlk-watched-rape-2019-5

just sayin.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and do you think blacks would be upset, say if

Jun 12, 2020, 3:24 PM

NOW tried to get MLK banned from buildings and remove statues?
Dude seemed to have a bad history with women and treatments

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many people would probably be upset.

Jun 12, 2020, 3:29 PM

There are always people on both sides of these things. Many people are upset about Calhoun's name, and many people are upset about removing Calhoun's name. Ultimately, it's up to whomever "owns" the statues or buildings, to do what's in the best interest of the people. I like it best when there's a democratic element to it, especially at a local level.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually it's not the decision of those who own them

Jun 12, 2020, 3:37 PM

Statues are being torn down and thrown in rivers. Building are burning.

That's very illegal, and hopefully

Jun 12, 2020, 3:45 PM

people who do that are prosecuted.

Re: That's very illegal, and hopefully

Jun 12, 2020, 4:26 PM

Look at me I play dumb and act like I am a hermit. Derp dee derp.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure if you are disagreeing with my view.

Jun 12, 2020, 4:28 PM

Your reply is nonsensical to me.

I think you're confusing things.

Jun 12, 2020, 3:57 PM [ in reply to and do you think blacks would be upset, say if ]

#metoo is about people coming forward against their assailants, not about removing statues.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

And black movement used to be about rights. Now

Jun 12, 2020, 4:27 PM

Its morphed, partly, into taking down paw patrol and live pd.

Yeah, now they think getting killed by a cop has to do with rights.***

Jun 12, 2020, 4:40 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Yeah, he's dumb...

Jun 12, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to I think you're confusing things. ]

if he thinks democrats hold their cherished leaders to the same standards they hold republicans to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It took a while...

Jun 12, 2020, 4:54 PM

but democrats finally realized that having standards for their candidates was kind of a a handicap running against Trump.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, he's dumb...

Jun 12, 2020, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Yeah, he's dumb... ]

Yeah, what happened to Al Franken again? I believed it's what Pubs in here laughingly called "Dems eating their own."

- Jonathan Swift

Re: to stir the pot, should MLK be METOO'd?

Jun 12, 2020, 3:31 PM

No. The shyatt storm would be insanity.

Ok. So maybe that might give a better perspective

Jun 12, 2020, 3:36 PM

On some people's feelings instead of mocking them. Libs typically say, try to understand us. But they just mock the other side for their thoughts on the subject.

Oh and I don't give 2 rips about the names at clemson

Cause by all account mlk treated women like #### and bordered on potentially criminal

For someone who doesn't care you sure are talking about it a

Jun 12, 2020, 3:55 PM

lot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok. So maybe that might give a better perspective

Jun 12, 2020, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Ok. So maybe that might give a better perspective ]

He was never arrested for anything and there would be too many deniers etc. He did too much good also. It just would never fly practically. That's really the case. Forgot to add that nobody would care about the 40 women. Then the rape would be denied by way too many people.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

I think you missed the point but ok***

Jun 12, 2020, 4:25 PM

Re: I think you missed the point but ok***

Jun 12, 2020, 4:29 PM

I didnt miss the point. I got what you are saying, but it doesnt really apply to the MLK sItuation is my point. That situation is too complicated. There are examples where you are accurate. I got what you were saying though.

Hey guise, why you so mad, bros?

Jun 12, 2020, 3:45 PM

Things are much better now right? We got rid of slavery because it was awful bad and we got rid of Jim Crow and stuff. Why can't you just let us have the things we put up honoring the guys who fought to keep slavery and the guys who used to kill back folks for fun? I mean, it's our history that we put up back when you guise were agitating bout civil rights and stuff.

First you tell us we can't have Jim Crow laws and now you want us to give up the giant middle fingers we erected everywhere when you made us give up Jim Crow laws. We white folk can't have nothing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nat Turner...dude was involved in killing 50-60 whites

Jun 12, 2020, 3:52 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.richmond.com/news/local/government-politics/nat-turner-the-leader-of-a-violent-virginia-slave-uprising-will-be-honored-on-a/article_ff963fe8-d438-5a59-858a-272120f2eb5a.amp.html

Literally a mass murderer...

you know the black dude on the sculpture isn't him?

Jun 12, 2020, 4:00 PM

and when Ben Tillman was killing black people, were they trying to keep him in slavery?

Re: you know the black dude on the sculpture isn't him?

Jun 12, 2020, 4:05 PM

I didn’t make that image and I didn’t say that was him, it’s part of the article so that’s irrelevant. The sculpture wasn’t even erected yet when the article was written. And none of what you said matters...the dudes a mass murderer [PERIOD]. He killed men, women, and children.

So did the bomb we dropped on Hiroshima

Jun 12, 2020, 4:08 PM

and a lot of the bombs we dropped in Iraq and Afghanistan. But we still have statutes and monuments to the Doolittle raiders.

As others on here keep shouting...

Jun 12, 2020, 4:10 PM

STRAWMAN.

Let’s stick to the topic at hand, slavery ??

Oh, I'm pretty sure Nat Turner considered slavery an act

Jun 12, 2020, 4:12 PM

of war.

Re: Nat Turner...dude was involved in killing 50-60 whites

Jun 12, 2020, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Nat Turner...dude was involved in killing 50-60 whites ]

The nerve of those slaves, fighting back!

All they had to do was know their place and none of that would have happened.

Jun 12, 2020, 4:05 PM

Did the children he killed deserve to die?

Jun 12, 2020, 4:28 PM

Children never deserve it when bad stuff happens to them. They just inherit the sins of their parents before they even get a chance to decide if they're going to participate in them.

When you're talking slave insurrections, though, those are always nasty. They're pretty much acts of nihilism because those revolting usually know they're doomed in the long run - you don't build an army from a bunch of unarmed, untrained fellow slaves and suddenly become an effective fighting force and overthrow the Man. The slaves are just so fed up they aren't going to take it anymore.

History tells us these kind of revolts are just displays of pure pent-up rage, with the former slaves lashing out at anybody they can reach who might have had a hand in their situation before they're put down. Go read the accounts of Spartacus sometime - he actually had an effective fighting force because it was initially composed of gladiators - and for months they rampaged across Rome from estate to estate, liberating slaves along the way...and murdering any Roman they came across, be it man, woman, or child. And even Spartacus's rebellion was put down in the end.

I don't know if that makes Nat Turner a hero or not...but he assuredly refused to be a victim.

The story is great...

Jun 12, 2020, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Nat Turner...dude was involved in killing 50-60 whites ]

Hey guise, we don't need to put the successful slave revolt leader on there because we already have the guy on there that got caught and hanged for planning a revolt.

I like to test people’s stances...

Jun 12, 2020, 4:09 PM

And when they defend anything that goes against the grain, even mass murderer, I start questioning sanity.

If only people would say, “you know, you’re right. Maybe we ought to (at the very least) think about removing this man.” But when you defend a mass murderer, I know you’ve gone off the deep end ??

I'm not defending mass murder...

Jun 12, 2020, 4:16 PM

I'm suggesting that when you lead a slave revolt you are more like a leader at war than you are Jeffrey Dahmer.

That’s definitely true...

Jun 12, 2020, 4:25 PM

Just not sure why kids needed to be slaughtered. Sounds more like revenge through death and carnage rather than a tactical revolt/escape.

Jun 12, 2020, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Nat Turner...dude was involved in killing 50-60 whites ]

Not surprised that happened. Should have happened a lot more.

Jun 13, 2020, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Nat Turner...dude was involved in killing 50-60 whites ]

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets

You seem butthurt about the Tillman/Calhoun name changes.***

Jun 12, 2020, 3:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha, thanks for proving my entire point for me

Jun 13, 2020, 4:35 AM

Oh and if u read the thread, I don't give a #### about these names. I didn't even know who Calhoun was. He was just a name to me.

But again, thanks for proving the real point by your dickness

yes***

Jun 12, 2020, 4:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: to stir the pot, should MLK be METOO'd?

Jun 12, 2020, 4:26 PM

Only 40? That’s like a Vegas wkd getaway

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Just a matter of time

Jun 12, 2020, 4:38 PM

Imagine the character defamation after the cops kill him. MLK was arrested more times than George Floyd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Him and Kobe. Funny how all this stuff works.

Jun 13, 2020, 7:33 AM

But naw. Only applies to White men.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1,007
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic