Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Episcopal bishop of Washington (oversees St. John's) says...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1,041

Episcopal bishop of Washington (oversees St. John's) says...

Jun 1, 2020, 10:15 PM

“I am outraged”

“I am the bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington and was not given even a courtesy call, that they would be clearing [the area] with tear gas so they could use one of our churches as a prop,”

“Everything he has said and done is to inflame violence,” Budde of the president. “We need moral leadership, and he’s done everything to divide us, and has just used one of the most sacred symbols of the Judeo-Christian tradition.”

"We so disassociate ourselves from the messages of this president. We hold the teachings of our sacred texts to be so so grounding to our lives and everything we do and it is about love of neighbor and sacrificial love and justice."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/bishop-budde-trump-church/2020/06/01/20ca70f8-a466-11ea-b619-3f9133bbb482_story.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Christians are showing their true colors

Jun 1, 2020, 10:15 PM

Some in good ways.

Episcopagans.***

Jun 1, 2020, 10:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Typical***

Jun 1, 2020, 10:50 PM

Which denomination is your favorite?

Jun 1, 2020, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Episcopagans.*** ]

I don't know much about the differences between them all, except that Southern Baptists are the ones who made their own church so they could keep owning slaves without the guilt trips every Sunday.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, this is one of those moments...

Jun 2, 2020, 1:05 AM [ in reply to Episcopagans.*** ]

Where your version of Christianity is somehow the right version and the others aren't real.

Boy, it must be great to actually nail the precise perfect religion and have all those other millions be wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

It’s Whiskypalians.***

Jun 2, 2020, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Episcopagans.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True Christians...

Jun 2, 2020, 1:04 AM [ in reply to Christians are showing their true colors ]

Are showing their colors right now in superb ways. They're standing against this evil administration.

People who claim to be Christians but really aren't are predictably worshiping Dear Leader and cheering him on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

So to be clear

Jun 2, 2020, 1:16 AM

Would Jesus have ordered...

Jun 2, 2020, 2:43 AM

Authorities to fire tear gas and rubber bullets on peaceful demonstrators so he could walk from his house to a church for a photo op?

Re: Episcopal bishop of Washington (oversees St. John's) says...

Jun 1, 2020, 10:21 PM

Dang, Bishop to King 6. Check

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surprise..she's a libbie

Jun 1, 2020, 10:27 PM

Re: Surprise..she's a libbie

Jun 1, 2020, 11:05 PM

You keep avoiding commenting on the idiot standing in front of the church holding the bible. You brought up the rioters and now criticizing the bishop. WHAT ABOUT THE GREAT BIG ORANGE FATASS HOLDING A BIBLE. WHAT YOU GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT????? :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say

Jun 1, 2020, 11:07 PM

Jun 1, 2020, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Surprise..she's a libbie ]

And you say that like its a bad thing. See, the problem with you Trumpers is you really, really want to hate other Americans.

You don't really believe in freedom. She has as much gotdam right to be a liberals as you do a fringe right-winger. This is America jackleg. We enjoy freedoms that our forefathers died for. But you and your friends want to hate on other Americans for exercising the same exact freedoms.

So don't give me that fake outrage when somebody burns the flag in protest, you freaking don't understand what it actually stands for proud boy!

Jun 1, 2020, 11:11 PM

Jun 1, 2020, 11:37 PM

T3Tiger said:

I didn't say it wasn't her right. I was pointing out where her point of view was coming from. If you can't remain calm and discuss stuff instead of making feeble attempts to insult me, then kindly fck off....friend.

Lol. Sometimes in reading posts it's difficult to insert innuendo or nuance. I was actually smiling. I wasn't angry. But I am trying to pin you down a little. You're right about the riots, I don't disgree with you at all. But I cant do anything about them other than catching a flight, cab down to the protesters and fling myself in front of the ner'do wells who are causing the trouble and slash them with my sharpened ice cream spoon. Beyond that, not much I can do other than condemn them.

So, what do you think about Trump's 'photo op'....friend?

Jun 2, 2020, 12:40 AM

What did you think of Biden’s photo op with the black church earlier in the day?

Powerful?
Moving?
Healing?

Staged?
Opportunistic?
Desperate?

It all depends on one’s point of view. But when your world view is being curated and spoon-fed to you it’s hard to realize there’s any other way to think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

How did Biden get there?

Jun 2, 2020, 1:02 AM

Did he fire tear gas and rubber bullets at peaceful protestors in order to push them away from his photo op? Did he do this because he was upset at news coverage of him hiding away in his bunker?

I agree with your last sentence.

Re: How did Biden get there?

Jun 2, 2020, 2:07 AM

He was probably chauffeured there, if that makes one photo op better than another.

Speaking of spoon-feeding, what makes you think “he was upset at news coverage of him hiding away in his bunker?“ is this something he said, or you saw first hand, or was this something that was spoon-fed to you - literally word for word - and you just regurgitate it right back out?

Yes, it clearly makes one better than the other.

Jun 2, 2020, 2:25 AM

I'd love to hear your reasoning on why it doesn't.

Nothing says good sources like

Jun 2, 2020, 2:43 AM

ok.***

Jun 2, 2020, 2:44 AM

Is, “he was probably chauffeured there”

Jun 2, 2020, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: How did Biden get there? ]

Really your response to the President dispersing peaceful protestors with tear gas and rubber bullets? Have you no decency?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you have video of these peaceful protestors?

Jun 2, 2020, 3:07 AM [ in reply to How did Biden get there? ]

You are neither a conservative nor a Christian.***

Jun 2, 2020, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Surprise..she's a libbie ]

Well you're a lefty atheist

Jun 2, 2020, 12:27 AM

I'm a libertarian agnostic

Jun 2, 2020, 1:02 AM

I tend to #### people off on the left and the right. Atheism believes in no religion or spirituality; an agnostic isn't sure and recognizes that something might be out there.

But a conservative doesn't support a heavy-handed federal government, statism, or a strong executive figure circumventing checks and balances to exert his authority. A conservative supports limited government and local control. A conservative believes in fiscal responsibility in our government. A Trumpist isn't a conservative because his actions fly against the traditional conservative ideology.

And a Christian would never attack people the way you do for their differences in political affiliation or their opposing beliefs. A Christian would respect those people, even if he disagreed with them, and accept them as fellow brothers. A Christian wouldn't cheer their demise or misfortune or punishment at the hands of an overbearing government. A Christian wouldn't threaten them and challenge them to fights. A Christian would follow Christ's example in loving thy neighbor and making peace rather than demonizing them for being different.

So, therefore, sir, you are no Christian and no conservative. I know you think you are, but your actions speak quite a different tune.

Re: I'm a libertarian agnostic

Jun 2, 2020, 1:29 AM

Re: I'm a libertarian agnostic

Jun 2, 2020, 2:48 AM

I don't really label myself. I've said a million times I could do without some of Trump's rhetoric, but I mostly agree with his policies.

Do you claim to be a conservative Christian? Don't do it any more if you do.

This isn't any statism or heavy-handed federal government.

Yes, it is. When the president orders tear gas and rubber bullets on peaceful protesters so he can have a photo op, that's exactly what that is. When he threatens to turn the military on our citizens, that's statism and a heavy-handed federal government.

You saw yourself what happened in Charleston. That isn't protesting. There's no Constitutional right to do any of that.

I never claimed it was. What Trump did today to peaceful protesters was a violation of their rights and inexcusable.

You're right. I'm not great at being a Christian. My wife is much better than me. I do try to live by a lot of principles though. It's funny when you see me as attacking others, when you literally came on tonight and attacked me...out of the blue. That happens on a P&R board. People disagree. The country is split about 50/50. Nothing new. I'm not cheering anyone's demise or destruction because of their beliefs, lifestyle or anything like that. I couldn't care less though what happens to these people who are hurting others and destroying property. IMO they forfeit their rights when they infringe on the rights of others like that. I've seen this get worse and worse over the years...all from the left. You can talk all you want about white supremacists or Charlottesville or gun-wielding people at the Michigan statehouse, but we both know which side throws a tantrum and causes destruction when they don't get their way at the ballot box. So yes, I'm done turning the other cheek. Sorry if that offends.

That doesn't offend me. Just don't call yourself a Christian because you're not. A Christian doesn't attack people the way you do and vent such hatred because of a disagreement of political ideology. If you're that insecure that you can't turn the other cheek because someone disagrees with you, okay. But don't dare think you're a Christian. Or, rather, if you do claim to be one, it's time you really revisit the Gospels and reevaluate life.

Jun 1, 2020, 10:30 PM

WHAT on God's Green Earth - literally! - is the man trying to do?

Everything in this whack job's mind is about the photo op, and it's like the actual reality doesn't even matter..you know, like the fact that he rolled in and rolled out on a military cordon that tear-gassed protestors along the way, never actually went into the church or told them he was coming - or, you know, asked permission.

He lives in this very weird bubble. He really does. And it's always been weird in there but man does it look like it's getting weirder by the day.

God help him when Fox News cuts its losses and turns on him. Between that and his breakup with Twitter, who's left to repeat his BS to the base that he keeps doubling and now apparently tripling down on?

Bro when y'all start caring more about these riots

Jun 1, 2020, 10:32 PM

Re: Bro when y'all start caring more about these riots

Jun 1, 2020, 10:44 PM

T3Tiger said:

than a President taking a risk and making a photo op (your words), then I'll listen.

CIVIL UNREST IS A SYMPTOM OF UNREDRESSED ISSUES.

Those with an authoritarian bent think machine-gunning protestors is the answer...I'll just say: good luck with that.

The cops killed one guy in George Floyd. You wanna see what happens if some National Guardsmen come off the handle and kill a hundred?

Civil unrest will grow into full-on insurgency, what's happened so far will look like a square dance...and the only ones left standing by Trump will be the psychopaths. Most governors - and not just the so-called "liberal" ones - are not going to follow him down that rabbit hole, and neither, I suspect, will the military.

He needs to cool this off, not pour more gasoline on the fire. Or he won't even make it to November to get clobbered in the election.

America isn't a military dictatorship. Not yet, anyhow.

Jun 1, 2020, 10:50 PM

Jun 1, 2020, 10:55 PM

Wait. What the hale does that have to do with very disturbed man walking to St. John's church. Everyone condemns the looters and rioters.

There were peaceful protesters in front of St. Johns and they opened up on them with flash-bangs and rubber bullets to clear them out so this idiot could stand there with the Bible.

https://youtu.be/zQCHvK_pB7U

Yeah 60 Secret Service agents were injured over the

Jun 1, 2020, 11:00 PM

I don't think those were the same people***

Jun 1, 2020, 11:11 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

idk if they were or not

Jun 1, 2020, 11:13 PM

Unredressed?

Jun 1, 2020, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Bro when y'all start caring more about these riots ]

Weird because Obama was President for eight years and Dems had control of the House and the Senate for the first two years. All the power. And what was the focus? Amnesty for Dreamers and any other illegal immigrants? No. Reparations for slavery over and above any other government hand outs over the past decades? Nope.

Obamacare.

And that’s how they lost Congress.

If you think there is a way to redress these issues that wouldn’t just lead to more and more demands, why didn’t Obama and Pelosi and Reid do it?

Re: Unredressed?

Jun 1, 2020, 11:31 PM

Because they were incompetent in that they were swayed by special interests. Obama himself said that after he left office that he 'spoke differently" when the wealthy donors were around. Obamacare was good, but he could have done more. It is my belief that he missed a historic opportunity. And reparations for slavery will never, ever happen.

They barely got obamacare through after Kennedy died

Jun 2, 2020, 12:03 AM

That's why some of it is messy, by the time Obama signed, it couldn't be revised anymore because that clown won Kennedy's seat for a few years before he moved to another state. Most right-wing idiots enjoy the protections and benefits of the law while constantly whining about it. Stupid is stupid, so I says.

After February 2010, there was no way to pass anything substantial because McConnell filibustered everything. So, to correct some feeble minds, he really only had a little over a year (Jan 20, 2009-Feb 4, 2010) to get anything substantial enacted.

Re: Unredressed?

Jun 2, 2020, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Unredressed? ]

Ok. So if a genius light-bringer like Obama wasn’t competent enough to do it, it’s not like anyone thinks a paste-eater like Joe Biden is going to fix it.

The “unredressed issues” will stay unredressed. I assume things would just be covered differently by the press.

Jun 1, 2020, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Episcopal bishop of Washington (oversees St. John's) says... ]

like any strong man dictator, he needs full and complete control over the military. He was just testing out his new powers today.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But then there's the CIA... and others. Right, Jack(ie)?***

Jun 1, 2020, 10:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 10:48 PM

Yeah, he had them shoot rubber bullets and tear gas to clear out the protesters so this POS could stand in front of St. Johns and hold up a bible. Then they walked back to the White House. I found it notable that as he was walking toward the church with Bill Barr, the looks on their faces....they looked like condemned men.

This man is a nut:

This guy is really unhinged. There is something deeply wrong with this man.

https://youtu.be/ea7XeWQ_Ybo

Like Caesar reviewing his troops... Narcissist-in-Chief.

Jun 1, 2020, 10:59 PM

It's not long...Eh, Brutus...?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like Caesar reviewing his troops... Narcissist-in-Chief.

Jun 1, 2020, 11:04 PM

You’re hoping someone assassinates the President and soon?
Wow.

That's at least the 2nd threat he's made on POTUS

Jun 1, 2020, 11:16 PM

You're a F-ing LIAR. I haven't threatened anyone, but if I

Jun 1, 2020, 11:43 PM

did, it would be your sorry axx...

So is that another threat to me now too?

Jun 1, 2020, 11:48 PM

Where do you get "hoping"...? WOW!!!***

Jun 1, 2020, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Like Caesar reviewing his troops... Narcissist-in-Chief. ]

Re: Like Caesar reviewing his troops... Narcissist-in-Chief.

Jun 1, 2020, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Like Caesar reviewing his troops... Narcissist-in-Chief. ]

Et Tu Solosaclese? :)

Ultimate Trump Derangement Syndrome

Jun 1, 2020, 11:21 PM

Rioters-set historic church on fire

Trump-sends military to protect church

Church-fire was Trump’s fault

living in some kind of bizarro world now

Re: Ultimate Trump Derangement Syndrome

Jun 1, 2020, 11:23 PM

He took a Bible to an Episcopal church for Pete’s sake.
A Bible is the last thing they want even near their church.
He needs to show more understanding.

Re: Ultimate Trump Derangement Syndrome

Jun 1, 2020, 11:26 PM

I’d think they’d prefer a bible to a Molotov cocktail...but maybe you’re right.

I'm not outraged, but it's gross.

Jun 2, 2020, 6:05 AM

He's posing with a Bible he doesn't believe in like it's the Queen of England before a state dinner.

This is a weird flex from the President.

Jun 2, 2020, 8:52 AM

First Timothy 3

3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;

9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.

11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.

12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Titus 1

6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;.."

When we see atheist start to side with church leaders we know good and well the churches suffer this problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 9:12 AM

"She" replies....funny how one single pronoun tells you all you need to know..

Jun 2, 2020, 9:24 AM

Thank you, there wasn't nearly enough misogyny around here before you showed up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Replies: 58
| visibility 1,041
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic