Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we stop the whole "There is no advantage ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Can we stop the whole "There is no advantage ...

Dec 6, 2019, 9:36 AM

to being the #1 seed" B.S. ??

Clemson playing Utah / Oklahoma in Atlanta 1st round would be a huge advantage.

Just stop.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt, if ACC was good and we go 13-0 then we

Dec 6, 2019, 9:43 AM

would probably be #1. That's why I find it crazy that so many on here don't care that our schedule sucks.

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No doubt, if ACC was good and we go 13-0 then we

Dec 6, 2019, 10:27 AM

We care but I haven't figured out what I can personally do about our schedule. Let me know if you have.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No doubt, if ACC was good and we go 13-0 then we

Dec 6, 2019, 10:39 AM

If you contact the ADs around the ACC and encourage them to get back, then you'll have done everything you can.

He's about like the guy on TNet who use to tell everybody...

Dec 6, 2019, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: No doubt, if ACC was good and we go 13-0 then we ]

that WE need to focus before a big game (as if we're on the field playing the game).

The rule used to be, the #1 team from last year stays #1

Dec 6, 2019, 4:34 PM [ in reply to No doubt, if ACC was good and we go 13-0 then we ]

If they don’t lose. I think that’s the issue with a lot of people. We blew everyone out except for 1 game and were looking at 30-0 as a realistic goal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s only in boxing.***

Dec 6, 2019, 4:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The rule used to be, the #1 team from last year stays #1

Dec 6, 2019, 7:07 PM [ in reply to The rule used to be, the #1 team from last year stays #1 ]

It wasn't long ago that Alabama got to be #1 the entire season just because they had won the previous year. ESPN harped on it continuously, but now that the tide has turned (and washed away), ESPN has changed their position on this. It's like the bully that wants to change the rule to favor his particular situation.

Anyone remember ol' Steve Spurrier wanting to only count the DIVISION games for wins and losses, because he had to play some West teams and lost those, but beat ALL the East teams, and did not win the division?

That's why it ticks me off.

Agree that is a preposterous statement

Dec 6, 2019, 9:44 AM

But I think what people are saying is that there is no advantage to being 2 vs 3 vs 4. Unless tOSU and LSU both lose, we will not be #1, so we will probably have to beat both of them to win it all.

If one of them loses, then it might be tOSU and UGA/LSU winner, or maybe we get "lucky" and it is LSU and UT/OK

Re: Agree that is a preposterous statement

Dec 6, 2019, 9:50 AM

Clemson is good enough to beat 'em all.

Re: Can we stop the whole "There is no advantage ...

Dec 6, 2019, 10:20 AM

As long as we are in the top 4, WHO CARES!!!!!. SPOT DA BALL!!!!! 12 down, 3 to go. GO CLEMSON TIGERS, BEAT EM ALL!!!!!!!!

still may play in ATL

Dec 6, 2019, 10:45 AM

as the 3rd seed, but I agree that as #1 that would definitely be our destination

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

This year’s World Series and winnner indicate otherwise.

Dec 6, 2019, 1:44 PM

When a team is the Final 4 of any college or pro sport, there are two tough competitive games (or series) to win for the Championship. Don’t kid yourself that there’s an easier path one way or the other _ meaning team or venue.

The "loss" at UNCheat cost us a game in Atlanta.***

Dec 6, 2019, 2:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Can we stop the whole "There is no advantage ...

Dec 6, 2019, 7:02 PM

:) Chem - I read a lot of responses on here, and NONE of them actually addressed your issue. I agree with you 100%, and I've stated that in previous posts when people act like they don't care whether CLEMSON is #1 or any other number. Some people just do not get it.

Maybe if use a bball or BBall analogy where the best team gets a BYE in the first round. That is similar to what being #1 is going to be. Or even in bball when you fall into the loser's bracket and have to play extra games just to climb back thru the bracket. The best team gets extra rest and has an easier path. Good grief that's so simple. Why people cannot understand that is beyond freaking belief.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic