Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lots of Young Talent on this 2020 Team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Lots of Young Talent on this 2020 Team

Oct 18, 2020, 9:33 PM

- Ladson and Ngata need to heal up and make the most of their opportunities with TL16 or risk losing their turn in line to Ajou Ajou and EJ Williams who are picking up the playbook. These freshmen are building reps & rapport with DJU. Spector also looks good.

- Myles Murphy and Bryan Bresee are a step ahead these talented young WR's in terms of p.t. They are already legit stars in the making and the best true frosh linemen I've seen since Fridge and Big Dex. Tre Williams and Capehart are getting ready. The DL is now stacked.

- Hello Trenton Simpson. Great GaT game. Looking forward to seeing more and more of him as games become more important.

- Dukes, Pace & Mellusi all look ready to contribute. Lyn-J Dixon's time as #2 RB may be short-lived.

- Soph TE Davis Allen #84 is coming on. He can block and catch. Along with talented jr Braden Galloway #88, TE position is quickly improving.

- Booth is beginning to break out at CB. How long before Fred Davis, Greene, Mickens and others push Goodrich for more reps in rotation?

- Which of these freshmen & RS freshmen will contribute early at OL? Will J. Lay, 6'6" 270lbs TE eat his way to tackle. Imagine that TE coordination at LT or RT? Eric McLain began his Clemson career as a TE before moving to OG.

- Lots more potential. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lots of Young Talent on this 2020 Team

Oct 18, 2020, 10:34 PM

Good snapshot of great talent. Good times ahead!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2020, 10:46 PM

Any of them could have a breakout moment at any time. For me, that's what makes this season intriguing and fun. This week Trenton Simpson and Pace stood out to me, but next week it could be someone completely different.

I like Lyn-J, but think you could be right. I'm really liking what I have been seeing from Pace, Mellusi, and Dukes when they've gotten their opportunities. I'm still rooting for Lyn-J though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Pace really stood out to me at RB this week***

Oct 19, 2020, 9:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes there is.***

Oct 18, 2020, 10:52 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2020, 11:39 PM

Ajou isn't ready to eat into anyone's playing time this year. He's so raw it's funny. Dabo says he still needs more baking in the oven. EJ Williams got in early against GaTech and Dabo said we should expect that to continue.

Murphy and Bresee were expected to have the most impact of all our freshman. This is no surprise. It's amazing to get two players like this the same year.

I don't think LJD is in danger of losing the #2 spot at RB. Mikey and Chez are solid but not super-gifted. Kobe Pace is just a freshman. However, he's far and away the most powerful RB we have. For his size (and just being a freshman), it's amazing how he moves people. He's going to be a beast for us.

The only freshman O-lineman I have any clue on is Walter Parks, who is clearly ahead of the other guys. He will be great for us at LT after JC leaves.

Booth's athleticism is off the charts. His upside is higher than DK's. Agree with you the others will push Goodrich. This will be interesting to follow.

Once they announced in the spring Lay was up to 270-275 lbs, I assumed his future as a pass-catching TE was done. Good chance there is a position switch or he becomes just a blocking TE.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2020, 9:26 AM

Pace has the frame to run at 225lbs no problem. He has a similar build to the Alabama RBs we’ve seen over the past few years. I’ve often wondered what our offense would look like with a power back, because over the last 20 yrs or so, we haven’t had many RBs over 215. The future is bright boys!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic