Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the SEC "gauntlet" is so tough to navigate, why does
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

If the SEC "gauntlet" is so tough to navigate, why does

May 15, 2019, 9:47 PM

Bama not only beat everyone, but they blow them out? Georgia is the only team that comes close and that is a very recent development. Are they scared of Bama? If so, why is Clemson the only team not scared of Bama? TO be honest, I still don't believe Bama was as tough as Notre Dame.

62-7 Ole Miss
65-31 Arkansas
39-10 Missouri

Does the gauntlet include the above three teams. I never think of Missouri, Arkansas and Ole Miss as a gauntlet. Well, let's move on.

58-21 Tennessee
29-0 LSU
24-0 Miss. State

Maybe the second three make up the gauntlet. Which one of LSU and Miss State would give us trouble? The one that scored zero on Bama or the other one that scored zero on Bama?

Oh well, let's move on.
52-21 Auburn?

The other games were against
Louisville 51-14
Arkansas State 57-7
Louisiana 56-14
The Citadel 50-17

Why do they say their grueling regular season kept them from being as rested?

Ok, so they played Georgia in the conference championship game and we played Pitt in ours. Last year they didn't even have to play a conference championship game and nobody whined about having less rest.

Ok, so they played Oklahoma in the Miami humidity, while we played Notre Dame in the Cotton indoors. Kind of like when we played Oklahoma in the Miami humidity in 2015 season and they played Michigan State in the Cotton indoors. Again, no whining on our part.

In 2016 our national championship team played in what was regarded as the toughest division in college football and the bowl proved that out. Everyone acts like it was nothing to beat Notre Dame this year, but last year when Georgia beat them by one point, you'd have thought it was the win of the century.

Finebaum said one day that no SEC west team would have beaten Clemson last year, no SEC team at all and jokingly said no NFC West team would have. Then he flips back to say he thinks Clemson was a tremendously great football team, but not sure they would go unbeaten in the SEC. Please tell me who from that list above would have beaten Clemson. Please tell me why that list above would be so tiring to the Bama team. Please tell me why Bama wasn't rested and why they didn't use time to prepare for Clemson on some of those weeks.

Poor Alabama, after the 2015 game in which they won, but gave up 40 points, they said it was a fluke and Watson could never repeat that performance. They went around prior to the rematch saying that their defense felt like they lost to us in Glendale, and they had something to prove. Well, they proved that if they played Watson and Clemson again, they would give up even more yards and did do in Tampa. Then the poor Bama fans said, well, let's see how they do after their generational talent at QB is gone. They called us a one hit wonder even though we had two national championships.
What happened after Watson was gone? We went the next season and earned a number one seed in the playoffs with Kelly Bryant at the controls. And then, what do you know, another generational QB whips their butt in Santa Clara so badly that they go completely nuts and say we won because our schedule was weak. Wait a minute, what??? I thought a team was supposed to get blown out because they had a weak schedule and would be exposed. The only thing exposed was that Bama was a far distant second to Clemson for the 2018 season, and perhaps a close third to Notre Dame's second. And oh, by the way, we have another generational quarterback coming from California for when Lawrence leaves.

And talk about Clemson having it easy in the ACCG. These are the SECCG runner-ups to Bama prior to Georgia this year.
Florida lost 54-16
Florida lost 29-15

Both those Florida teams were terrible and had zero offense. But we're not done with this list.
Missouri 42-13
Florida 32-13

It was a #### low tide in Tampa and a #### low tide in Santa Clara. Sitting on the dock of both bays, watching the tide roll away. Watchin the tide roll in, then I watch it roll away again. They are amazingly tough with the mouth, but when time to line up in California, they were exhausted, tired, had not practiced plays that Clemson scouted that worked against them (copy cat plays). Oh and let's not forget, the point patching they are good at, well if not for the pick six and we were in the red three times and didn't score, etc, etc. Hey Bama, we sat the ball down on your five, with a first and goal, a timeout and 35 seconds on the close. You're welcome!

Now go prepare for that SEC gaunlet you speak of. Maybe this year it actually will be if some of those SEC teams will use the Clemson performance to get a little backbone and stop trembling at the knees when you get off the bus. But I'll believe that when I see it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the SEC "gauntlet" is so tough to navigate, why does

May 15, 2019, 9:54 PM

SEC! SEC! SEC! It just means more..............until they lose, then it is excuses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2019, 9:56 PM

Yeah, how many 4th qtr stats did Tua have last season? Exactly....

Stupid
Excuses
Conference

May 16, 2019, 7:40 AM

No much against us either...

May 16, 2019, 9:56 PM

Lol

Yuuuuup***

May 15, 2019, 9:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yuuuuup***

May 16, 2019, 8:51 AM

I’ve watched you on Storage Wars ..... lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 15, 2019, 9:59 PM

Well said!

great point about UGAy and ND

May 15, 2019, 10:06 PM

ask any Jawga fan if last years ND team was better(undefeated) than the year prior, and they will say the undefeated one. Then ask them which UGAy team was better from the past two years, and most will say the prior year.....( the year they barely beat ND). Then ask them why they struggled with a "not as good" ND team with a better UGAy team, while we pounded the better ND team. They get so funny looking trying to find SExCuses for that one. They still think of us as the Clemson team from the 90s.....they better hope they dont see us in the foreseeable future

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Talking to Georgia fans is hazardous for your health

May 17, 2019, 10:21 AM

Surgeon general's warning.

They are so delusional it makes my blood pressure tick up.

POTD!!!!***

May 15, 2019, 10:11 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly

May 15, 2019, 11:54 PM

Again this is the same conference, with their talking heads, touting alabama as the greatest team ever until Clemson showed them how it's done, and that's when the narrative changed.

It's all noise, and that's why I don't listen to them.

Surprisingly, the few bama and sec fans I've talked to have been sensible and realistic.

If they weren't, I'd have to give them a reality check. And I'd start with 44-16.

The answer is simple.

May 16, 2019, 7:01 AM

A lame excuse is better than none at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The answer is simple.

May 16, 2019, 7:28 AM

No .... yeah no .
Making no excuse is A L W A Y S better than giving a lame excuse .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

People dont know how to man up and be accountable

May 17, 2019, 10:23 AM

Anymore

May 16, 2019, 7:55 AM

You would lose the first SEC homer with that argument after the first fact! They would start foaming at the mouth and stuttering. Then go to their pat each other on the back message board telling everyone not to read that stuff because it would give them brain damage!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HOF. All. Day. Long!

May 16, 2019, 8:01 AM

great post

May 16, 2019, 8:03 AM

Well reasoned and insightful, is this even allowed on Tnet ? I call shenanigans. ; )

If you bring logic to a SEC Hype fest, you get ...

May 16, 2019, 8:24 AM

Logic 28 .... SEC Hype 0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC fans are going to need an ointment for that .***

May 16, 2019, 8:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC fans are going to need an ointment for that .***

May 16, 2019, 11:43 AM

SEC Fans Need some Boudreaux's

https://www.buttpaste.com/

May 16, 2019, 8:54 AM

Great post - 81to85 ...., It was hilarious how the narrative changed from “Bama’s tough schedule has them prepared for the NCG” to “Bama’s tough schedule wore them down” after the NCG stomping.... -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

No SEC fan could focus long enough to read that

May 16, 2019, 9:36 AM

Nor do they have enough time during their 10 min break at Burger King.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

They had a fairly weak schedule last year

May 16, 2019, 9:38 AM

Not as weak as ours though.

End of season SOS rankings per ESPN - Bama 22, Clemson 21

May 16, 2019, 11:09 AM

End of discussion !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Plenty of other metrics had us well behind***

May 16, 2019, 9:53 PM

He provided data.

May 16, 2019, 10:03 PM

Where's yours?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Geez, making me do work.

May 17, 2019, 10:13 AM

S&P+: Bama 11, Clemson 63
FEI: Bama 1, Clemson 21
Sagarin: Bama 9, Clemson 25

Average: Bama 7, Clemson 36

May 16, 2019, 10:34 PM

Clemson81to85 Awesome Post! Yep, you nailed it.

That Alabama team last year was just what the rest of the country needed. A team that actually had an offense in the Score Every Century conference(SEC). I think Bob Stoops famously said something to that effect after beating Bamer that one time(can't remember if it was a playoff win or BCS).

They get all hyped for tough defense; but I have said for years! They just play sucky offense and it contributes to the image. Oh well! Complimentary football is the name of the game! You can't just play defense or just offense. Or Va. Tech and just be great at special teams! You have to be really good in all phases!

POTD for sure!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC "gauntlet"

May 17, 2019, 10:28 AM

Hmmmmmm. Really tough sledding in the SEC.

Bama has won 22 straight over Vandy.
Bama has won 12 straight over Arkansas
Bama has won 12 straight over Tennessee
Bama has won 11 straight over Miss St
Bama has won 7 straight over LSU
Bama has won 6 straight over Florida.
Bama has won 6 straight over Kentucky.
Bama has won 6 straight over TAMU.
Bama has won 5 straight over Georgia.
Bama has won 4 straight over Missouri.
Bama has won 3 straight over Ole Miss.

In the last 5 years, Clemson is 40-4 in the always weak ACC.
In the last 5 years, Alabama is 44-3 in the terrifically tough SEC.

BTW in the last 46 meetings between ACC teams and SEC teams, the record is 23-23 for both conferences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2019, 10:31 AM

They hate us cause they aint us

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic