Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Jumbo have the 'nads to kick off leading rusher?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Does Jumbo have the 'nads to kick off leading rusher?

Jul 11, 2015, 7:24 PM

Same offense for both players--early enrollee QB sent packing within a few days, but if he is sincere about what he is trying to project to the media, Fisher tells Cook he is done at FSU by Wednesday.

NO WAY, NO HOW do I see this happening though...it will be a SOS & Garcia sequel in Tallahassee.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Jumbo have the 'nads to kick off leading rusher?

Jul 11, 2015, 7:26 PM

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2015, 11:44 AM

litefoot: Agree with you. Bimbo. Jimbo whatever they call him---he's a major part of the problem not the solution.

Jul 11, 2015, 7:27 PM

Don't think it's up to him now. Think they president has got involved.

Jul 11, 2015, 9:12 PM

If FSU has any sense their president, BOT and AD will insist Jimbo would take the step needed.

Go Tigers!

The NEW Prez is running things @ FSU now***

Jul 11, 2015, 7:43 PM

Not without a video.***

Jul 11, 2015, 7:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not without a video.***

Jul 11, 2015, 7:53 PM

Y does everyone keep saying not without a video. Like no one was ever convicted before cameras where everywhere. Theater DA pressed charges for assult. Is lawyer will plea it down to something and FSU will kick him off. I expect him to transfer before that though.

Because without video evidence for all to see they will drag

Jul 11, 2015, 9:56 PM

this thing out and deal with it after the season. Just u wait. I think the other kid is still on the team if that video wasn't out there. It's about PR at that point.

Re: Because without video evidence for all to see they will drag

Jul 11, 2015, 11:38 PM

It's just like Ray Rice, what was his suspension pre-video like 1 game. After video - black balled from league entirely.

Perception is reality.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure Jimbo is regretting kicking Johnson off the

Jul 11, 2015, 8:06 PM

team outright last week. Totally different story when you're dealing with someone down the depth chart.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His ex wife says no....bb's as nads***

Jul 11, 2015, 8:07 PM

In a word NO he does not***

Jul 11, 2015, 8:55 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2015, 12:25 AM

The stronger question is, do you believe that FSU is really serious about cleaning up their program and changing public opinion of how out of control the program has gotten. I say not serious enough to throw out the meat and potatoes of the program. Mediocre depth chart players, the bus will stay running to haul them out. Their 1st and 2d team guys, the bus won't start up!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2015, 12:37 AM

He doesn't but the FSU president says differently

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 12, 2015, 11:03 AM

Never seen the words Jimbo and sincere used together

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cook's second or third mistake

Jul 12, 2015, 11:07 AM

How many chances does he get?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Cook's second or third mistake

Jul 12, 2015, 11:29 AM

The fact that he blew his first chance(s) at PTI invalidates him for another go. Meggs is throwing the book; - hey, the book at Cook, I rhyme, all the time.... Whatever, Meggs took a bunch of heat for the whole Jameis Winston case even though the Tally PD handed him a complete dog thanks to their Keystone Kops rubber-stamp investigation and Meggs knew he couldn't win it. So Cook is going to be arrested, and charged. When that happens, per most University's procedures, he should be kicked off.

What makes this even more likely is the arrival of Jacquez Patrick. Patrick is a 5-star RB who looks like Toddy Gurley without the dreads. He's huge. He's jacked. He's fast. He's got the contact balance of a cat. He enrolled early and looked really good in FSU's Spring Game. Minus Patrick I suspect FSU might be more inclined to...tweak the application of University policy some, but the timing here was just too bad - Cook could not have picked a worse moment to pull this - and the University is stinking to high heaven right now. I'd be shocked if he isn't gone, because otherwise the press will pummel FSU as mercilessly as, well, the FSU players seem to pummel the womenz....

I think Cook is fried. If he isn't, FSU really just need to officially rename themselves the Slapahos and get it over with, and Chief Osceola just needs to go ahead alter his entrance to punching some chick in the stadium at random rather than chucking that flaming spear down at midfield.

There's PR nightmares, and then there's whatever they have going down in Tally right now. The new prez is reportedly not smiling about it, either, so there's that too.

5-7 depending on the depth chart***

Jul 12, 2015, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Cook's second or third mistake ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2015, 11:22 AM

FSU's new prez is involved in the situation. He has claimed publicly that he wants to "clean up FSU's image." This is his first chance to put his money where his mouth is. If he is sincere at all, Cook is gone. If Cook is found guilty, and he will be, and he remains on the Criminole team, then the new president's credibility is destroyed right out of the gate.

With that said, hopefully it is out of Bimbo's hands.

Jul 12, 2015, 11:25 AM

If left entirely up to him, Cook will remain on the team and become completely enabled to screw up further.

Maybe the PREZ needs to kick JUMBO off the team

Jul 12, 2015, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Jumbo have the 'nads to kick off leading rusher? ]

Now THAT would make a statement...the "lack of institutional control" gets redefined if FSU fixes the problem

Re: Maybe the PREZ needs to kick JUMBO off the team

Jul 12, 2015, 5:54 PM

He is almost an exact clone of Ball Sack except Dumbo has actually won something at FSU. Dumbo is loke Sack in that if the player under scrutiny is a vital cog on the team, nothing will be done. Same thing can be said for Holtz at UsuCk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got to let this play out if the courts.

Jul 12, 2015, 6:13 PM

The video made the first one clear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2015, 6:49 PM

If a video gets released he won't really have a choice. But if there's no video I can almost guarantee he won't be suspended more than two games.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic