Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was at a bar earlier, they had the Nascar race on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Was at a bar earlier, they had the Nascar race on

May 29, 2023, 8:28 PM

all I saw was empty stands and caution flag after Caution flag.

Came home, race was under caution, as soon as it started, it there was another wreck 1/2 lap in.

As someone who grew up watching nascar in the late 80's and 90s, it crazy to see how bad the product has become and how there are so few fans these days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

.........and, another caution

May 29, 2023, 8:30 PM

smh..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: .........and, another caution

May 29, 2023, 8:32 PM

I don't ever even cut it on anymore but how is Reddick doing? He had that Carolina Blue, Michael Jordan Jumpman car today.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

he's running 3rd to 4th

May 29, 2023, 8:47 PM

right now.

.........and, ANOTHER caution

May 29, 2023, 8:37 PM [ in reply to .........and, another caution ]

LOL. It's comical, actually.

Re: Was at a bar earlier, they had the Nascar race on

May 29, 2023, 8:31 PM

There is no bad boys and it has definitely went down hill with the long-time fans. Have a few friends that posted on Facebook today that they were there and they were literally 5 rows from the start finish line. They are not rich so I know that meant tickets were easy to get.

May 29, 2023, 8:31 PM

It’s been ruined for years. Stock car racing my harse. There ain’t nothing stock about them cars anymore.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2023, 8:34 PM

Used to go down to Easley speedway and watch the Nascar guys test there. That was cool to see how close they would get to the wall. When in NC I loved going to Bowman-Gray. Great racing every week.

May 29, 2023, 10:35 PM

I think you mean Greenville-Pickens Speedway

Back in my childhood, my dad took me there.
Saw David Pearson race one night.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2023, 10:38 PM

Yes I did, couldn't think of it and honestly was too lazy to look it up at the minute. haha I worked at corner of 123 and White Horse Rd area and would hear the cars from there and ride down and watch them.

May 29, 2023, 10:39 PM

I saw David Pearson drive the pace car one night about 15 years ago I guess. A person we knew was sponsoring the race that night or something like that.

May 29, 2023, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Was at a bar earlier, they had the Nascar race on ]

These cars haven't been stock for 40+ years.

Doesn't explain how popular how insanely popular it was in the 80s and 90s and early 2000s.

May 29, 2023, 9:12 PM

At least then the bodies were still different. It’s nothing but IROC racing with manufacturers decals. I cut NACAR off early 2000s. Garbage. Don’t get me started on “playoffs” in racing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember going to the Greenville-Pickens Speedway

May 29, 2023, 8:57 PM

as a kid in the 60s when it was a dirt track. Huge clouds of dust that drifted over hwy 123....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

And an inch of dirt on your car for the ride home.***

May 29, 2023, 10:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember going to the Greenville-Pickens Speedway

May 29, 2023, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Remember going to the Greenville-Pickens Speedway ]

I love dirt track racing best. They have a good track north Of Houston about an hour that I want to check out before we move back to Carolinas.

To be fair, the race was supposed to be yesterday and was rained out. It was a complete sell-out. Attendance has been up significantly the last couple years.

To be fair, the race was supposed to be yesterday and was rained out. It was a complete sell-out. Attendance has been up significantly the last couple years.

May 29, 2023, 10:40 PM

I haven't really watched since Gordon retired. I did turn on the TV as the race finished. They said there had been a lot of rain delays. That's all I know.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 29, 2023, 10:41 PM

I miss #3. Dale was not my favorite driver, but I loved how he raced.

May 29, 2023, 10:52 PM

Big Dale fan!!! Loved the way he took no crap. Wish Jr drove like him

May 29, 2023, 11:00 PM

May 29, 2023, 11:11 PM

When they went liberal I turned them off, forever! I watch the old races on YouTube. The ones where they race a car you can recognize.

May 29, 2023, 11:32 PM

I was never a fan and actually didn’t like hearing about it

May 29, 2023, 11:38 PM

But I did hear about it quite a lot growing up in the late 90s and early 00s. I knew all about it, kind of against my wishes just cause it was talked about a lot by my friends in school or on local sports radio my dad would put on.

It’s been like over 10 years since I’ve heard anything about it now. Never mentioned on mainstream sports tv or even local radio here.

Re: I was never a fan and actually didn’t like hearing about it

May 30, 2023, 12:18 AM

My dad and grandfather were big nascar fans during the good old days of Petty, Cale, the Allisons and especially David Pearson. David worked on his race car in my grandfathers garage occasionally. They knew him very well. I’m a woman but I still remember going to the races as a kid at Darlington and Daytona. I remember going to Darlington in 1979 I think and seeing Dale race for the 1st time that I could remember. From then on I was an Earnhardt fan.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2023, 12:39 AM

TigerCC® said:

all I saw was empty stands and caution flag after Caution flag.

Came home, race was under caution, as soon as it started, it there was another wreck 1/2 lap in.

As someone who grew up watching nascar in the late 80's and 90s, it crazy to see how bad the product has become and how there are so few fans these days.

Most of those fans stop following the sport after about 2008...

Wonder why?....

May 30, 2023, 1:36 AM

I used to be a huge fan, now I couldn’t care less. Too many changes. It’s barely recognizable as the sport of the 70s-early 2000’s. Winning segments? Wth is that? Playoffs? In racing?? Then moving the number to the front fender??? Looks ridiculous. All the drivers look like and talk like cookie cutter 5’ tall jockeys. Racers used to look like men that you didn’t want to mess with. Joe they look like 14 year old boys.

On another note, rookery who mentioned GPS, if you ever enjoyed Greenville-Pickens, there is a group trying to save it and run races this year. If they don’t succeed, the track will probably be sold and destroyed for a shopping mall or some such nonsense. Be a shame to lose such a historic venue. So attend the races and if you can, donate or support however you can. You can find them on FB.

May 30, 2023, 6:01 AM

It was sold out for Sunday. They raced on a Monday. Typical when no one planned to stay. Tony Stewart said it was the best 600 he had ever seen. Hell of a race sorry you did not enjoy.

Cautions were from some intense side by side racing. I enjoyed the heck out of it. And if you want some rivalry Chastain is your guy. Threw a punch a couple of weeks ago. Another skirmish yesterday with Wallace and Amarilo but no one could figure out what that was about.

Message was edited by: rhpltmeg®

MEG

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic