Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walt basically said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Walt basically said

Dec 5, 2022, 3:43 PM

He was right about DJ all along. That he just had a bad night. Cade wasn't ready before but was ready Saturday. Shipley dropped a pass from DJ. Basically DJ was still our best quarterback.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's just paid to get listeners riled up

Dec 5, 2022, 3:44 PM

he can't be that stupid

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Walt

Dec 5, 2022, 3:49 PM

I think he is right on most things. But I do feel every since he became friendly with Dabo and his staff, he kinda appointed himself as their defenders. He wasn't like that with Tommy Bowden. He was trying to get Tommy fired every week. Bowden would not allow any of his staff be on his show. Now Dabo let's his staff go on Walt's show all the time. So Walt seems to feel compelled to advocate for their decisions. At least that's the way it seems.

Re: I like Walt

Dec 5, 2022, 4:01 PM

This is correct. Also WCCP is under much more pressure these days to be very careful what they say about Clemson coaches due to the silent investors in the station. It’s basically a propaganda platform for Clemson athletics now. When I first started listening, Walt and Mickey both would blast coaches when they made dumb decisions. Now they just make excuses

You can tell

Dec 5, 2022, 4:10 PM

Because he makes every excuse in the book for DJ and yet has no hesitation saying other QBs straight up “suck” as he did today about two transfer portal QBs

Re: You can tell

Dec 5, 2022, 4:28 PM

^^^^^^this

Re: he's just paid to get listeners riled up

Dec 5, 2022, 4:32 PM [ in reply to he's just paid to get listeners riled up ]

You're joking, right?

Re: Walt dresses in sweat pants

Dec 5, 2022, 3:45 PM

and has a fan base, I don't get it but here we are. DJ looked relieved to not have to be on the field.

Re: Walt basically said

Dec 5, 2022, 3:52 PM

Walt is the only man on the face of the planet who could argue with the good Lord and when proven wrong would still tell you he was right and then hang up on you because you argued with him.

Then he's either a shameless shyster or a total moe-ron.***

Dec 5, 2022, 3:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I though it was spelled 'mo-rhon.'***

Dec 5, 2022, 3:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Moran" is the long-accepted T-Net spelling.***

Dec 5, 2022, 3:57 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Then he's either a shameless shyster or a total moe-ron.***

Dec 5, 2022, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Then he's either a shameless shyster or a total moe-ron.*** ]

Walt claims to be from North Tennessee. I'm from Knoxville and NO ONE with half a brain claims to be from North Tennessee. He's a sports shock big mouth that is wrong about 80% of the time and isn't smart enough to know the difference.

There is a very good reason why...

Dec 5, 2022, 3:54 PM

Walt gets paid to talk about sports rather than coach. It's largely because he doesn't know $#!7 !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Walt basically said

Dec 5, 2022, 4:02 PM

This dude also prays for Clemsons downfall regularly. Hard to put stock into his word.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I don’t understand how y’all listen to that guy, when

Dec 5, 2022, 4:33 PM

I was back home this week I tuned in a few times and he is unbearable to listen too. I forgot how bad wccp and sport talk is there especially this guy, living in a bigger city. I don’t know who the band is that made that awful song for him too but it needs to be put to bed.

Are you the daredevil that calls into his show every now and then?

Dec 5, 2022, 4:52 PM

I actually like listening to Walt. Yes I do disagree with him on a lot but he is dead on and calls it like it is on a lot of things like SEC Bias and the playoffs. No one else seems to call out their BS quit like Walt does. Plus his musical taste is the best on WCCP. As far as his Theme song, he used to use U2's Street of Gold. It was a much better song.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic