Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UVa swimming. Where did this come from? Forever it has always
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1650

UVa swimming. Where did this come from? Forever it has always

Jun 19, 2024, 8:30 PM

been the California schools, Texas, and a handful of others. I know Texas established their program 40+ years ago by building the “fastest pool in the world.” An even seven feet deep (which is supposed to be ideal) with perfect side drainage. Did UVA build an unbelievable facility, hire a great coach (which it appears they did), or do something underhanded which Thomas Jefferson would disapprove of?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UVa swimming. Where did this come from? Forever it has always

Jun 19, 2024, 8:47 PM

Wish Clemson had a men's and women's swimming and diving program like it used to for decades and decades,that and wrestling

Jun 19, 2024, 9:10 PM

You’re going to wish for other programs to come back like track and field, golf, rowing…with the advent of paying all of these players. More and more programs will need to be cut to keep the money making programs afloat.

Jun 20, 2024, 6:25 AM

Probably a very true statement! I said the same a few wks ago.

Schools dont pay players. No impact on smaller programs.***

Jun 20, 2024, 6:35 AM [ in reply to Re: UVa swimming. Where did this come from? Forever it has always ]

Jun 20, 2024, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: UVa swimming. Where did this come from? Forever it has always ]

Wish Clemson had a men's and women's swimming and diving program like it used to for decades and decades,that and wrestling

I see this as a common refrain saying they wish we had a wrestling and swim teams. My question is have you ever attended a wrestling or swim match/meet? I have attended football, baseball, M Basketball and softball games plus one track meet but at VT when we lived in Blacksburg.

yes, my sister swam for the Tigers in the late 90s/early 2000

Jun 20, 2024, 11:50 AM

And no one really attended the meets outside of family and some friends… we romanticize these programs but when we had them we didn’t support them and now we want them back… go figure

FWIW, they were the ACC's revenue leader...

Jun 20, 2024, 11:41 AM

either last season or the previous year due to massive donation by someone-

Jun 20, 2024, 1:31 PM

Maybe somewhat of a generalization, but swimmers as a group are very good academically. Uva has a pretty good academic product to pitch. They also recruit like crazy. Swimming is big out here in AZ, and they compete with U of A, ASU, and the California schools. They get more than their share. Good program - their Coach will be head coach of the US Women at the Olympics this year. Sad that title 9 destroyed so many programs. My son was not good enough to swim D1, and the pool of D2 and D3 men's swim programs is tiny these days. Luckily he found a good fit and was able to have a great experience.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1650
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic