Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tribute video for Memorial Day....Don't watch if
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Tribute video for Memorial Day....Don't watch if

May 29, 2023, 9:27 PM

it may cause you pain or make you remember a loss. I only wanted to put it here because it made me cry and made me realize the sacrifices made by families of fallen soldiers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrpM8p14BR4

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

We owe them our freedom

May 29, 2023, 9:42 PM

and if any one generation is not willing to pay the price in blood we will lose it for at least a hundred years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if you have read the Arlington Cemetery

May 29, 2023, 10:07 PM

thread down the page, but one of the scenes in the video was from Arlington. I have been to Arlington, the Punch Bowl and the National Cemetery in Cambridge England, and all of them leave me with a sense of graditude for the sacrifice these people made. The worst job I ever had was as Survivor Assistance Officer during Vietnam. You are the most unwelcome person they experience because you are the verification that the Notification Officer wasn't a mistake.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know if you have read the Arlington Cemetery

May 29, 2023, 10:14 PM

No sir i haven't but i will look into it thanks for sharing ....brother

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know if you have read the Arlington Cemetery

May 29, 2023, 10:15 PM [ in reply to I don't know if you have read the Arlington Cemetery ]

Thanks for your service and I can only imagine how hard that must have been.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Re: Tribute video for Memorial Day....Don't watch if

May 29, 2023, 10:11 PM

Thanks for posting this. The tears I shed watching this kind of balance the tears at the silent Death Valley halftime ceremony at the Military Appreciation Day every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2023, 10:19 PM

Thanks for posting this. While I hate seeing their grief, it is important that we understand the magnitude of the sacrifice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

May 29, 2023, 11:07 PM

Yeah this was tough to watch, the little kids not growing up with a parent and then one day that child serves their country too, always amazes me

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2023, 4:29 AM

Thank you for sharing .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2023, 6:30 AM

I understand your emotions about watching these videos about our fallen soldiers. The first time I watched a documentary about Iwo Jima it brought tears to my eyes. So many men lost their lives by death or by the memories of the battle of Iwo Jima. Then many of those men who survived Iwo had to invade Okinawa. Our Navy had to endure numerous kamikaze attacks . My Uncle was a gunner on one of those ships. It’s hard realize what it must have been like.

Then watching documentaries about the Korean War and the Vietnam War breaks your heart. Especially Vietnam because IMO LBJ was responsible for so many deaths by running a political war where he selected targets from the White House rather then turning loose our Military. At least President Nixon allowed heavy unrestricted bombing during Linebackers 1 & 2. His mistake was allowing the break between 1 & 2 allowing the NVA to rebuild their air defenses.

You have to include operations in Grenada, Mogadishu and Panama.

Then we have the Gulf wars and Afghanistan and the war against terrorist.

Every time they have been ask our Military has stepped up against all odds and given their all with great success. Thank you to all who served, you are in the prayers of many. We will remember those who sacrificed their lives. May their souls be in peace in the hands of Almighty God. And for those injured soldiers who suffer from physical and mental pain many prayers that God will provide you with peace and comfort. We pray for all that served. There are not enough words to say how grateful and proud this Nation is of the men and women past and present who have been a part of our Military.

I hope many will now pray for one of our Allies in Ukraine locked a battle for freedom and Taiwan who faces daily threats from Communist China. Either war could eventually involve US Troops.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2023, 9:15 PM

I always wish we did not need a Memorial Day. Grieving families anmd flag drapped coffins coming home just tear me up as I have gotten older

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic