Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To poor struggling DB Wiggins' credit, he fought a hamstring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

To poor struggling DB Wiggins' credit, he fought a hamstring

Sep 25, 2022, 10:49 AM

injury all week in practice, yet he battled and at the end got to secure the 2OT win with a bat down.

But he stayed at it, pass after pass and would show his frustration after the catch.. looking at the sidelines for any help and one time took his helmet off as he came off the field in total disbelief in his inability to be effective in stopping this onslaught. He got baptized for sure!

Go #20 & Go Tigers..keep ROCKING!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To poor struggling DB Wiggins' credit, he fought a hamstring

Sep 25, 2022, 11:10 AM

He has a long way to go, but hung in there and made the play at the end. Happy for him to end on a high note.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2022, 11:41 AM

the coverage was there most of the time but turning heads and making plays on the ball wasn't. Pride had good coverage most time but didn't spot the ball. Davis still looks slow and lost a lot.

Sep 25, 2022, 11:45 AM

After we saw the defensive secondary getting torched and getting no pressure on qb. It took us forever to try 2 deep safety alignment. The d line actually seemed to get more pressure when rushing just 4

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB in single man coverage may be the most difficult

Sep 25, 2022, 11:50 AM

job on the field. A good WR and accurate QB can be almost impossible to legally defend. That DB is on an island, and even the very best will get beat from time to time. Having said that, there are ways to mitigate that, mainly discipline and technique. Our DBs seem to be lacking in this area. A lot of that should come with experience and repitition. I suspect, however, that most of our highly rated DBs were soo much better than most of the players they faced in HS, that they were able to get by on raw talent and athleticism, and not much technique or disipline has been required for their entire football lives. Now they are playing D1 college, and whoa! Everybody is as good as they are - and guess what? The technique and discipline means the difference between success and failure.

I have confidence that most of our DBs will get better, as they clearly have the raw ability. However, they were totally exposed yesterday. They were totally lost and confused. We have to be looking at coaches very hard right now - this is where they must earn their money, and get this corrected.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: DB in single man coverage may be the most difficult

Sep 25, 2022, 12:15 PM

This probably should be POTD. This is also where last year now creeps in and hurt us. Without the usual relaxed comfortable games because of an offense stuck in mud most of the season, we weren't able to build depth. As good as Nate will be, he didn't get the reps he needed last year. Davis was very highly rated but has not progressed... Perhaps all because of maturity but that's where coaches have to recognize, we better have a backup plan for depth.

So it's not just the young ones and injuries. We've struggled all year. Thank goodness we had an easy schedule and an offense that's progressed.

Big coaching mistake NOT getting a couple experienced DB's via the portal. This was talked about quite a bit in the off season.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a reason "lock down corners" are highly prized and

Sep 25, 2022, 12:19 PM [ in reply to DB in single man coverage may be the most difficult ]

highly paid in the NFL. There ain't all that many of them. And if there are not enough of them around to fill up NFL rosters, they certainly are not plentiful in college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a reason "lock down corners" are highly prized and

Sep 25, 2022, 12:30 PM

That friends is what we calls facts!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2022, 12:04 PM

I didn't know anything about there being a hammy issue. If true that explains a LOT as Wiggins is the guy Dabo has praised a LOT previously. I was more confident in him than Sheridan Jones to be honest as Jones got cooked agaisnt GT. Well, to his credit he made the play that mattered most. Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2022, 1:52 PM

I'm not worried about Wiggins, or Pride really. Neither hung their head after getting burnt all day, both showed fight and grit and kept trying until the final whistle. Clemson didnt have much of an option left behind them but these boys didnt tap out and they'll be better for it down the road. I don't know if either will be the best CB Clemson has had, but I now know they have the drive to get better, especially after yesterday.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic