Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Local big man staying in touch with the Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Local big man staying in touch with the Tigers

May 16, 2020, 3:15 PM

Local big man staying in touch with the Tigers

Walhalla native Gabe Wiznitzer (6-11) has seen his recruiting somewhat stymied by Covid-19. He has picked up more offers with Pitt and Virginia Tech the latest two, but of course, he’s not able to take visits and that will prolong the process for him. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Local big man staying in touch with the Tigers

May 16, 2020, 3:19 PM

We would use him well imo. We just haven't used our big men well, because we haven't had the talent at that spot.

LOL at the rare basketball recruiting article here focusing on a guy

May 16, 2020, 4:20 PM

who states that Clemson isn’t that high on his list.

Brilliant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: LOL at the rare basketball recruiting article here focusing on a guy

May 16, 2020, 5:30 PM

Judge, I was just about to say before reading your post, that the kid didn't seem to interested in Clemson, and coach Bender shouldn't waste another minute on him bc he don't sound like a Clemson man to me!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2020, 8:34 PM [ in reply to LOL at the rare basketball recruiting article here focusing on a guy ]

You didn't find it interesting why?

May 16, 2020, 11:20 PM

My thoughts exactly.

May 16, 2020, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL at the rare basketball recruiting article here focusing on a guy ]

My thoughts exactly.

May 16, 2020, 4:23 PM

I admire his honesty.
Hopefully we would tweak the offense if his talents warranted so. I'll leave this to people who know a ton more than I do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BB only has 1 play: JACK IT UP FROM WAY BACK!!!

May 16, 2020, 5:39 PM

Not sure he would be able to 'tweak' his playbook very much.

I’m willing to bet CBB has more than just one play in his...

May 16, 2020, 6:02 PM

playbook.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: BB only has 1 play: JACK IT UP FROM WAY BACK!!!

May 16, 2020, 7:40 PM [ in reply to BB only has 1 play: JACK IT UP FROM WAY BACK!!! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Not high on the list of a 6-11 player with mid major offers

May 16, 2020, 6:01 PM

Reasons

Not like style of play.
Code for CBB recruits guards and shoot lots of 3’s - no inside game at all.
No big man developed by CBB
Big men signed by CBB don’t seem to stay long.
A big man for CBB is a 3 at other schools.

Sad when they don’t even consider Clemson.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“No big man developed by CBB”

May 16, 2020, 7:42 PM

Jerai Grant, Sidy Djitte, Landry Nnoko, and Elijah Thomas say hi.

Re: “No big man developed by CBB”

May 16, 2020, 8:24 PM

And we did a terrible job of getting the ball inside to them as well. I agree this has been a historic problem.

May 16, 2020, 9:21 PM

clemsontod said:

And we did a terrible job of getting the ball inside to them as well. I agree this has been a historic problem.

I disagree.***

May 16, 2020, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: “No big man developed by CBB” ]

Neither Sidy or Landry were finishers

May 16, 2020, 10:58 PM

Eli was. Grant was more of a face the basket guy. As far as a real back to the basket threat, Eli has been the only one in the Brad era

May 17, 2020, 2:25 AM [ in reply to “No big man developed by CBB” ]

Grant was all Purnell. Djitte was a bad player they somehow turned into below average. Nnoko was good his first few years and then they made him lose weight and he was average. Elijah Thomas was good but was a walking foul his whole career. Never was corrected. Coaching !!

You clearly aren’t able to be objective about this.

May 17, 2020, 7:42 AM

Did you watch them play their entire careers? Have you taken a glance at their stats lately? They clearly improved significantly.

Brad’s problem, as we all know, has been recruiting. But there shouldn’t be any debate about the fact that he does more with less. He gets a lot out of the talent he has. That’s why some of us are excited about the years ahead. Our talent level is clearly increased.

Re: You clearly aren’t able to be objective about this.

May 17, 2020, 7:47 AM

True.

Duplicate post

May 17, 2020, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: “No big man developed by CBB” ]

null

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

Not many teams ply inside out because developed big men are

May 17, 2020, 12:39 AM

Non existent in college for the most part. He only scores 13 ppg at Hargrave and wants to be the feature scorer at the next level?!? Kidding me? Eli scores a lot of points in the post the last 3 years. This kid hasn’t watched Clemson b-ball and clearly doesn’t want to entertain Clemson.

May 17, 2020, 2:19 AM

Who tf plays inside out anymore. Especially for a pasty white boy who averages 13 pts in high school. Wouldn’t waste anymore time recruiting this kid

May 17, 2020, 7:31 AM

There are still quality college centers on teams that shoo a lot of 3's like Kansas who still average around 14 pts 7 rebounds. Even Wiseman at Kentucky was completely in the mix in his limited games. A quality center still gets plenty of scoring opportunities. If there was another Shaq, Hakeem, Kareem, etc, they would get fed the ball.

May 17, 2020, 2:31 AM

I've been saying forever that we have to quit recruiting 4 star in -state players. Brad has proven u can win big with transfers. Glad the kid isnt Clemson material.

May 17, 2020, 2:32 AM

I've been saying forever that Brad has got to quit recruiting 4 star in-state players. He has already proven you can win big by developing transfers. Glad the kid isnt Clemson material!

May 17, 2020, 6:55 AM

This kid will hold out as long as he can to see if Duke offers him. He holds no love for Clemson. I’d move on.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic