Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on DW4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Thoughts on DW4

Mar 31, 2021, 8:38 AM

Honestly, nothing surprises me anymore. It would not surprise me if this sleazy lawyer found a whole bunch of women willing to lie for hundreds of thousands or millions of potential dollars. Nothing new there. And unfortunately, it wouldn't surprise me if a man that everyone knew to be of upstanding character had a hidden vice that caught up to him. Both have happened before. Both will happen again.

After reading the SI article yesterday, I'm more inclined to believe that at least some of these reports are true to some degree. My dad always taught me to be the type of man that if someone accused you of something, it would be so ludicrous that no one would believe it. Seems to be there's enough there to make these accusations plausible at the least.

I'm a big DW4 fan. Always have been. We've always known him to be a young man of high character. But he's also a single male with loads of money, very high profile, and as susceptible as any of us to temptation. The culture we're in today, whether you look at music or movies or online or especially if you're in to #### at all. Everything tells a guy that women want to please a guy that way, so of course, many guys believe it, pursue it, and eventually get in trouble for it. The late Ravi Zacarias actually OWNED several massage parlors where he would go for his happy endings, and kept it a secret until his death. He was, up until then, a man of impeccable character. But we all have our closets.

If there's any truth to this, I hope DW4 will be forthright and honest, admit to it, and do whatever he can to make it right, but most importantly, to make sure it doesn't happen anymore. I hope that it's just a sleazy lawyer and greedy women. But it's looking more and more like there's at least some truth to it. What a mess.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on DW4

Mar 31, 2021, 8:46 AM

The more this scumbag of a lawyer piles on with women coming out of the woodwork making acquisitions, the more it seems to be infeasible that any of this is true. And WHY has not one of them filed criminal charges? 20 women and not one has filed charges. If this were my daughter I would want him put under the jail...if any of this were true.

Mar 31, 2021, 9:53 AM

Well said. I agree. It's not something I want to believe but it seems like there is some truth to it. I've struggled with this because I've always held him in high regard. Money and fame can give you a false sense of power. Hopefully my gut feeling is wrong and this is all a hoax but I don't think so.

Mar 31, 2021, 10:26 AM

We have all these women claiming that all these terrible things happened to them.....and not a single one thought to call the police? None of them? We now have their lawyer that claims to have evidence that he would submit to the police on March 23, but he still hasn’t submitted any evidence.
So far I’ve seen stories from women, that have been offered in exchange for potentially large sums of money.....but no evidence. These stories simply are not evidence, show me evidence.

Mar 31, 2021, 11:06 AM

From the read of the SI article, and there is no reason to doubt it in my opinion, its a very grey area for these women. Just block/delete and move on with their lives.

Going to the police alone and saying this will in 99% of cases not result in anything because it's largely he said/she said.

It's a shame that's the case because the helplessness these women feel continues to make men in these situations continue them because there are no repercussions.

I am all for having the career of your choice

Mar 31, 2021, 3:33 PM

and for that choice to be free from harassment. BUT don't walk the line of inviting the devil to knock on your door and then be shocked when he does. All sides have to be honest about their motivations and actions. Do business above board and stop with the social media posts, because there is a difference in a social media post about massage therapy and social media advertisements for massage therapy. Many women are legitimately making a living for themselves in massage therapy, but there are just as many looking for that generous, flirty, slightly dirty but non-sexual customer who wants to work like a stripper with the look but don't touch mandate in place, but not telling the high roller this upfront... give the customer the chance to decide if that's the session he wants from you or if he wants to find someone else who will give him the session he wants.
And if you have heard that a particular customer is looking for the extra, tell him thank you for the inquiry but no thanks, I won't be scheduling a session with you...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2021, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on DW4 ]

Why is he fishing for massages on instagram? Not saying that means he's guilty of doing everything they said he did. But someone of his stature shouldn't need to look to instagram when he's got a full team staff. It's a poor choice by him either way.

Mar 31, 2021, 10:58 AM

Staff was unable to perform due to covid. Also most massage places shut down due to covid. Only place to get massages is on black market social media since everything was shut down from covid.

That said. Deshaun seems to have a little perverted side of him. I do believe him when he says nothing was ever forced. But intentionally exposing himself to these ladies was wrong. I think eventually he will be forced to publicly apologize and pay an undisclosed settlement in exchange for a no disclosure agreement with all women. I don’t see him getting out of this any other way at this point. I definitely do not see any criminal charges. But civil action against him most likely.

He will eventually get traded and tear up the league with his stellar play and most people will forget all about it in a few years. As long as he stops swinging his willy around inappropriately.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EVERYBODY has a vice, the only question is

Mar 31, 2021, 11:03 AM

how often do we act on it... Some are more mundane than others and some are criminal whereas others are not criminal.
The biggest issue here is that there appears to be heavy sexual coercion but nothing that should be seen as sexual assault, except for any instances that have yet to be revealed. The legal definition of assault can be as trivial as touching another person's hand when it is unwanted; a chivalrous kiss on the hand that makes the recipient uncomfortable is assault. In the attempt to be sexually flirtatious, we are open to being criminal not just with physical contact (holding hands, touching a shoulder, an unexpected hug or kiss on the cheek) but also with our words...
The flirt should have the opportunity to be told no, because no means no, but if you never tell a flirt no or require them to cover up their exposure, it really leaves too much open for debate to assign blame as our sensibilities and moral compasses are all different. In that regard, even the law is open for interpretation as it should because it can't reduce our abilities to be human, but only serve as a guide for our decisions related to being human.
Until I see more, DWatson is guilty of heavy sexual flirtation bordering on sleazy but not exerting any power over any of them. If he has gotten a reputation (as one is implying), why would you even set an appointment with him? I tell my daughters all the time that they control what happens with them, but they should always be upfront and strong about expectations from male suitors, and don't try to walk any lines or allow yourself to be found in a situation where your safety is compromised.
There are a lot of unanswered questions here, and I do hope that the only whole truth wins...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2021, 11:08 AM

Two words: Duke Lacrosse

Everyone thought those boys were guilty and their lives were ruined over lies. I refuse to pass judgement until all the facts are brought to light and he has his day in court

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic