Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is how baseball is
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,701

This is how baseball is

Apr 9, 2024, 9:09 PM

At some point there will be a cold streak or a bad outing. Truth be known we've had our share of good fortune so far. We've dug out of a few holes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is how baseball is

Apr 9, 2024, 9:10 PM

We have been fortunate the bats have saved the relief staff most of the year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2024, 9:26 PM

That's true. Gonna have off nights. We had cams lead-off single and wright's double. Neither produced or lead to anything. The rest were homers.

We just got to get some pitchers healthy. Garris and Hughes have basically one pitch. I'd rather him have given Ollie a swing... but I wouldn't have been upset if he brought in another freshman.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2024, 9:41 PM

Let me admit up front that I did not watch tonight’s game, so I don’t know how Coach Bakich approached this particular game. But just in general, coaches use midweek college baseball games for a variety of purposes. Of course, you want to win, but you have other objectives as well.

Sometimes, you play guys who are usually backups on the weekend to give them experience. Sometimes you give a regular player or two a rest. Sometimes you play a guy at a different position than usual. Almost never do you use your weekend pitchers unless someone needs an inning or two of work for some reason. I have even seen coaches pitch nine different pitchers, giving each pitcher his own inning. Other coaches and pollsters know this.

On the other hand, playing the second ranked team in the country, and having been thrashed twice by that team, I’m sure USCU played their best players. Maybe not their #1 starter, but I doubt they played their scrubs.

Apr 9, 2024, 9:43 PM

What I did not like...Jarrell caught...he can't hit a lick...He needs to be catching Sundays and that's it....Bissetta didn't even get an AB tonight...that sh*t has to stop.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 9, 2024, 10:02 PM

Yeah. I just checked the box score. Jarrell caught, as you pointed out. Ciufo and Bissetta did not play. The pitchers were not our best.

Apr 9, 2024, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: This is how baseball is ]

User Logo
jsebe10®
Orange Blooded [4954]
TigerPulse: 88%
Re: This is how baseball is 1
Apr 9, 2024, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: This is how baseball is ]

What I did not like...Jarrell caught...he can't hit a lick...He needs to be catching Sundays and that's it....Bissetta didn't even get an AB tonight...that sh*t has to stop.

congrats. guess that 3 run homer sunday and the one tonight mean nothing. and no matter that cuifo is hurt so players have to move around. when was the last time bisseta had a hit. nawrocki also hit a homer. sir you are beyond an idiot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2024, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Re: This is how baseball is ]

Other than his forst few games bisetta hasn't hit much either.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2024, 2:12 PM

Because he hurt his hamstring and hasn’t been back in consistently. Needs a rhythm but I also like Nawrocki at DH so…..

Apr 9, 2024, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: This is how baseball is ]

Well said, but what I love about Coach B is he's been doing that on the weekends too. He's had players at different positions and in games the whole season. Fantastic strategy.

As I posted in another thread, kinda wish he'd have put other pitchers in instead of putting Hughes in. I also would have liked coach to come out and talk to garris b4 he pitched to the last batter. He and Hughes just haven't got the breakers and offspeed stuff... I'd have rather him bring in another freshman that has different pitches and let them work on it. Garris got greedy thinking he could keep just throwing his fastball over and over. Oh well, meh. Big series this week.

Apr 9, 2024, 10:00 PM

I will trade a mid-week loss to a decent team where we won the season series already and it's early April for anything a month from here on out. The pro's top team norm is a 2/3 winner. College probably 4/5.

With a home series vs the Wolfies ahead, nothing wrong with a bad taste in the mouth come practice tomorrow.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2024, 10:06 PM

The real question is how this teams pitching will be in the 2nd half of season. Needs to keep getting better!

Apr 9, 2024, 10:38 PM

Need to get healthy and we'll be fine.

Apr 9, 2024, 10:54 PM

Hell Sunday was a perfect example

Apr 11, 2024, 3:21 PM

I think we need to consider Bakich is ahead of schedule. He’s transformed the culture. Unlike Lee, he actually leaves the dugout to coach up the young players. Now we are at a point where the hitting is legit and is a nice combo of power and small ball. However, the pitching is probably another year away. For certain we don’t have that shutdown closer with high heat no one can touch. We are close to having three weekend starters with Knaak, Darden, and whoever they toss on Fridays. Barlow is improving and providing solid midweek starts. Thus it comes to the bullpen which is the weakness, but it’s not likely to really ruin the season except if our expectations are to reach the CWS.

Apr 11, 2024, 3:56 PM

Tristan Smith will be back next weekend for Pitt series. That’s one weekend starter

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,701
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic