Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Terrible event in Boston this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Terrible event in Boston this week

Jun 8, 2023, 7:42 AM

Apparently ex Sox star George Scott killed his eight year old son and then killed himself. Boomer Scott was a quality player with the Red Sox for several years. .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, his son killed his son (George's grandson)

Jun 8, 2023, 7:46 AM

then himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, his son killed his son (George's grandson)

Jun 8, 2023, 7:49 AM

Correct. When I read that I couldn’t imagine Boomer having an eight year old. This son was in his 50’s. Still a tragedy.

Jun 8, 2023, 8:50 AM [ in reply to No, his son killed his son (George's grandson) ]

I can't possibly imagine what could be going so wrong inside someone's head that would drive them to kill their own child. I believe just as much as I believe that Jesus is our only Lord and savior that a human should never take something that they can't give back, and it's totally impossible to give back a life once it's been taken!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2023, 9:28 AM

I read where he lacerated the child with a knife. Can you imagine a father doing that to his son? I think the mother also has some issues.

Jun 8, 2023, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: No, his son killed his son (George's grandson) ]

Mental Illness is the loneliest disease. When the neighbors hear that your loved one has cancer, you’ll have unlimited offers of help of every variety. When the neighbors hear that your loved one has been diagnosed with schizophrenia or bi-polar disorder, it’s crickets.

I don’t believe this occurs out of callousness, I believe it’s from trying to be respectful of privacy.

If you know a family that is dealing with this, I’d suggest you offer help….just like you would with any other illness. No need to ask questions, just offer help. I guarantee they need it.

Being linked with a larger, nurturing community is essential when dealing with mental illnesses and when that link is missing or severed, then mental illness becomes deadly.

Jun 8, 2023, 10:51 AM

Thank you for being brave enough to speak out. There is so much stigma surrounding mental health.

On the other hand, as I enjoy a clean bill of mental health, I could not imagine ever harming my children like that. Tough to fathom.

Did anyone else immediately think of George C. Scott? Pretty sure his Scrooge suffered from some mental health struggles.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2023, 12:03 PM

I don’t consider it to be brave at all. Here is my view point.

Everyone gets something to deal with in this life. Cancer, arthritis, mental illness, tumors, addiction, heart disease, diabetes, dementia……something. No one gets to choose what they get. If you pass through this life unscathed you are the rare exception and truly blessed. Absolutely no one would choose to deal with mental illness….it just happens….so the stigma stems strictly from ignorance.

When mental illness does come around, secrecy (the stigma) is a GIANT impediment to dealing with it effectively.

Absolutely no one chooses to get the Flu and no one is ashamed when they get the Flu…..so where’s the shame in mental illness? The more you think about it, the more you realize it’s ridiculous.

Jun 8, 2023, 12:08 PM

You're a moron.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic