Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So if it's true DJ is gone, ain't that some disrespect to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

So if it's true DJ is gone, ain't that some disrespect to

Dec 4, 2022, 9:46 PM

Dabo, who stood by his side during all his stupid plays and poo performances?

There is no value for him to leave before the season is over-he could easily say "hey coach, I'm out, let Cade take the #1 reps" and stick with it until the end. He doesn't get penalized or any bonus points for leaving early or not.

It's a stick in the eye if that is the case, but I will not place further blame/s talk until it is confirmed.

PS-he cost us a loss to USC.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So if it's true DJ is gone, ain't that some disrespect to

Dec 4, 2022, 9:54 PM

The window for the portal opens tomorrow so, of course, DJ is going to move forward. Do you really think he and Dabo haven't been talking about this for quite some time? This is no surprise and no betrayal. Dabo said back in the fall that DJ was graduating in December and he and DJ had a plan. He did not offer any further explanation but I think we now understand what he meant.

No need to raise an issue that isn't there. I'm sure this is all being handled internally the right way and was well thought out and communicated early on.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2022, 9:55 PM

Ok. Fair enough. But how long is that portal open? Does it close on December 30th?

Why should he stick around?

Dec 4, 2022, 10:01 PM

He knows he ain’t got it. He saw what Cade did last night. It’s his team now.

DJ can go back home with his brother and family. I don’t blame him. The Clemson experiment failed for him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why should he stick around?

Dec 4, 2022, 10:06 PM

I wouldn't say it failed, the kid is about to get his degree and made some bank in nil money.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Off the field he was a great guy

Dec 5, 2022, 11:23 AM

The failure happened on the field

Dec 4, 2022, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Why should he stick around? ]

For the record TigerDominance® I am not advocating he stick around by anymeans, and I agree with your logic. I would just prefer he exit with some respect if all of this hub-bub is true. Clemson has been very kind, patient, and gracious to him...especially Dabo. Think of all the flack he has gotten the last two years.

Dec 4, 2022, 10:23 PM

This is a ridiculous take. He is exiting with respect. He has not done anything disrespectful.

Dec 5, 2022, 3:49 AM

Clueless you are.

The kid isn’t in debt to us Pete, he tried his

Dec 5, 2022, 11:25 AM

Best. Time to give someone else a chance

He can’t be more of a ##### than Kelly Bryant

Dec 5, 2022, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Why should he stick around? ]

Was. I think he’s gonna humbly exit. Best of luck to him

Re: He can’t be more of a ##### than Kelly Bryant

Dec 5, 2022, 1:52 PM

This didn't age well, but I appreciate the optimism.

Dec 4, 2022, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: So if it's true DJ is gone, ain't that some disrespect to ]

i think i saw where the portal is open dec 5th to jan 18th.. allowing players to transfer after the championship game

Dec 4, 2022, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: So if it's true DJ is gone, ain't that some disrespect to ]

!/15 or 1/18. But getting to new school is important for Spring 2023 reps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2022, 10:27 PM

Makes sense. He couldnt get chemistry down with his high school teammate or any of our other WR's in three years, the extra (3) weeks must be the trick. LOL

No disrespect SocMan2

Dec 4, 2022, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: So if it's true DJ is gone, ain't that some disrespect to ]

The original plan was for DJ to put in his 3 years like Trevor did and move on to the NFL. The transfer portal became the default option as Cade wasn’t going to sit another year.

Dec 4, 2022, 9:57 PM

I don't expect him to declare until after the bowl game.

Dec 4, 2022, 9:59 PM

I am hoping the same for the sake of his 'class' and respect for Clemson.

Dec 4, 2022, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: So if it's true DJ is gone, ain't that some disrespect to ]

Why isn't Tnet reporting this?

Dec 4, 2022, 10:04 PM

DavidHood® is monitoring it here:https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/thread/dj-2216087

Dec 5, 2022, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: So if it's true DJ is gone, ain't that some disrespect to ]

that didnt age well

Dec 4, 2022, 9:59 PM

Nope. None at all. I think he did the right thing.

Dec 4, 2022, 10:01 PM

Hey Guru-just to clarify, who do you think did the right thing (Dabo or DJ)?

Dec 4, 2022, 10:02 PM

This has been posted at least twenty times this past hour.. why wouldn’t he get a jumpstart on transferring to see if anybody is interested or if he plans to go somewhere with his brother. I’m sure he and Dabo have discussed it and both are fine with it. It’s a win for Clemson Cade will get all meaningful snaps now and Hunter will be backup and get mop up duty if any. Did y’all actually want DJ to play I thought it was unanimous now that we all were happy with Cade. Also best for DJ, he can get closer home, new coaches and system to try and work on his mechanics and play with his brother most likely will probably help with his mental struggle

Dec 4, 2022, 10:07 PM

He would be in the portal tomorrow, or in a month. Neither of that matters or improves his stock. Heck, he could use the extra practice IMHO. If some team wants him, they will get him.

Lincoln Riley could turn him into a first-rounder

Dec 4, 2022, 11:21 PM

And he still has two years of eligibility if he takes a covid year, so maybe a shot at starting for USC in 2024. Or Oregon. Wherever Matayo ends up, but I think that's always been the plan if the NFL wasn't a realistic option after 3 seasons.

Re: Lincoln Riley could turn him into a first-rounder

Dec 5, 2022, 12:20 AM

Just like he did with rattler?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2022, 10:03 PM

He graduates next week. That makes him a Clemson Alum. He's no longer the starter.

Any reason he should stay if he wants to play, he needs development and a place to improve if he can.

Why disparage the kid? He gave his all for this school and team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2022, 10:06 PM

Because a season and team doesn't always start or end with a big medal or championship.

Dec 4, 2022, 10:26 PM

There are several other players who have declared for the portal. You haven't criticized them. Honestly, you're acting like a jerk about this.

Dec 4, 2022, 11:05 PM

I think that's a little poor tempered kiddo. I'm aware of the other transfers...Fred Davis basically paralyzed a woman allegedly, didnt much play, and EJ Williams also. They are not QB1's. They are not players Dabo has defended tooth and nail. Did they even play against SCAR?

Dec 5, 2022, 11:00 AM

As I pointed out you, it's not just Clemson players. Players sound the country are declaring for the portal as soon as they are able to. There is nothing wrong or unusual about what Uiagalelei is doing. It's foolish to want him to sit on the bench for one game, when he us going to transfer to another school. Again, this is standard procedure for players all over the country, not just Clemson.

Dec 4, 2022, 10:18 PM

Considering how lots of people have been ######## on him for 2 years I wouldn't blame him for leaving the second he decided he wanted to go.

Dec 4, 2022, 10:20 PM

Poor baby.

Daniel Jackson 'aka' DJ going into the portal.

Dec 4, 2022, 10:35 PM

Also, if you gave this a Thumbs Down, let me know why. Im genuinely interested/concerned why this may or may not be happening the way it is. I could be missing something so educate me.

Dec 4, 2022, 10:39 PM

Because almost all of the players (not just here, nut nationwide) who declare for the portal are doing so immediately. They are not waiting for the bowl game. You are criticizing Uiagalelei for something that almost all the other players are doing.

Dec 4, 2022, 11:00 PM

So if everyone else jumps off a bridge, would you do it?

Who is basing their QB1 spot based on portal transfers?

Dec 5, 2022, 11:03 AM

That's a fallacy. Uiagalelei is following the established protocol for transferring in the portal. There is no reason for him to stay for the bowl game when he's already declared that he's leaving the team.

Dec 5, 2022, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: So if it's true DJ is gone, ain't that some disrespect to ]

Ok, Big Dave. You made your point 4x. I get that "all the other players are transferring around the country". My original post was a simple question.

I based that question on the fact that for three years DJ has not been billed as "all the other players"; he's been our starting QB for two seasons. Dabo has gotten a lot of flak for his defense of this guy. In DJ's pressers, he says he will die for this team, hes all-in, ride or die, etc.

To refine my question, or perhaps my point...I dont care if he transfers, in fact I wish him well. I'm just saying if he is a 'team/Clemson-first' guy, then he would be valuable to practice with up until the Orange Bowl, and even on the sidelines.

There's a lot of speculation out there and no true announcement so I get the fever, it got me. But DJ going in 12/5 versus 1/1 doesn't improve his stock. And before this whole dang transfer portal thing, guys just friggin sat out.

He's getting his degree, and he's given his best. I respect that. But I also expect him to finish strong and the season out with as much class as he talks.

Dec 5, 2022, 1:19 PM

As plenty of other posters have pointed out to you, it's better to get into the portal early, so he has the most options of which new school yo join.

It would also not be beneficial to have him on the team, knowing he's getting ready to transfer to another school. Him sitting around on the bench or working with the scout team isn't doing anybody any good.

Dec 5, 2022, 1:58 PM

Literally one other poster mentioned that, you are like the other 4 beating the same statement that "he has to get in early".

I get it. I was more putting it out to the crowd what is the point for leaving early (when you are stepping away from a training program, culture, support staff, friends, routine, etc) than can actually help you down the road. Transfers can't just go hit the gym at their new school and start reading playbooks.

Respect the Paw.

Dec 5, 2022, 3:59 AM

Would you stay after all of the nasty spiteful hateful comments directed at DJ. Many of them crossed the line. I don’t blame DJ one bit for getting the He$$ out of Clemson after treatment by many fans.

Player’s, parents , recruits as well as other coaches read all of this social media so they can use it to recruit against Clemson.

Best of luck to you DJ!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2022, 11:01 AM

This happens on social media at or on any site representing a school. Nothing knew. Most knowledgeable people knew he was the wrong guy for this system. I believe more criticisms were aimed at the coaching staff for sticking up for sub par play. Most I have talked with thinks he is a high character guy but not a good fit here. When social media bothers the kids they better hang up the cleats. It’s never going away whether it’s good or bad. Folks threatening his or his family’s well being is definitely over the top though.

MEG

Dec 5, 2022, 11:01 AM

Why would DJ wait until all the good positions are filled? DJ isn’t stupid and needs to get the best deal for himself. Dabo gave him his shot and DJ gave the best he had. It’s over

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe CDS remembers Kelly Bryant.***

Dec 5, 2022, 11:24 AM

Dec 5, 2022, 11:28 AM

Regardless the plug should've been pulled for good after the Cuse game. There was no excuse to let the whole team down and waste the whole season like that. Its truly amazing we've won as many as we have with him. But he was the dif why alot of games were close and not blowouts.

It’s almost impossible to ask

Dec 5, 2022, 11:36 AM

It’s almost impossible to ask a kid to stick around after this soap opera. People need to understand how much work DJ put in , how hard he tried, and he has a lot of things he must deal with. I respect his decision, and wish that the half of the board that is just taking shots at the program would do what my Grandma told me. If you can’t say something positive , keep your mouth shut.

Our next group of recruits read the nonsense that some of you post here.

Go Tigers !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s almost impossible to ask

Dec 5, 2022, 11:36 AM

It’s almost impossible to ask a kid to stick around after this soap opera. People need to understand how much work DJ put in , how hard he tried, and he has a lot of things he must deal with. I respect his decision, and wish that the half of the board that is just taking shots at the program would do what my Grandma told me. If you can’t say something positive , keep your mouth shut.

Our next group of recruits read the nonsense that some of you post here.

Go Tigers !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2022, 1:20 PM

It’s not DJ’s problem that Dab stuck by him, as you say. He earned his degree, which Dabo covets for his players. What they do after that is their decision. Don’t blame the kid for poor coaching decisions.

Dec 5, 2022, 1:28 PM

Interesting theory that I've heard.

Big Dave is packaging DJ and Matayo as a 2fer. Graduation this month and DJ was gone regardless of how the season went. Matayo has deliberately held off declaring a commitment until DJ's future plays out.

Dec 5, 2022, 2:01 PM

crawdad64 said:

Interesting theory that I've heard.

Big Dave is packaging DJ and Matayo as a 2fer. Graduation this month and DJ was gone regardless of how the season went. Matayo has deliberately held off declaring a commitment until DJ's future plays out.

I do not think that is close to accurate. DJ fell out with his Dad during a very tough divorce by his parents. I thought he had a restraining order against Big Dave.

There are all kinds of things tgat were going on over the last season and a half.

Esso

Dec 5, 2022, 2:04 PM

Well that's interesting and would also be FOIA/searchable to confirm if I had the time.

Currently painting a mural of Cade Klubnik on my van.

He is vanquishing the Portal with a sword of skill.

Dec 5, 2022, 1:55 PM

I also give this post 3 Cindys out of 5.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another way to look at this

Dec 5, 2022, 1:59 PM

is that DJ stuck by Dabo since Cade wasn't ready, and now that Cade is ready DJ feels free to go.

You're acting like Dabo stuck with DJ even though he didn't want to. Do you really think Dabo would've played DJ if he didn't think DJ gave us the best chance to win?

DJ has been a model student-athlete and should be free to pursue his education and football elsewhere. He owes Clemson nothing at this point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Another way to look at this

Dec 5, 2022, 2:08 PM

I can accept that line of logic as well Judge. Again, I don't blame DJ, and I'm happy he has options. He has been a class act. I dunno, in my line of work (before I got fat), we used to pass on what we learned regardless of where we were going or not going next.

I just dont see why you dont use the facilities/nutrition staff/play analysis/practices to keep improving? It's like walking away from an annual Golds Gym membership you paid for then quit in February.

Dec 5, 2022, 3:54 PM

Can’t we just wish him well and breathe a big sigh of relief that the DJ era is officially over. These past 2 seasons have been exhausting

Dec 9, 2022, 12:10 PM

^^^^Perfect summation. I'm sticking with that.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic