Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitching
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 906

Pitching

May 25, 2024, 7:42 AM

Is this more a development or evaluation issue?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

both

May 25, 2024, 8:23 AM

both

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just year 2 for Bakich and staff.

May 25, 2024, 8:35 AM

Things will continue to improve through recruiting, portal, and coaching. Ex coach, Mr. Launch Angle and free 90s, didn’t leave the best pieces behind. The newcomers on the roster show a lot of promise.

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitching

May 25, 2024, 8:47 AM

Both. Don’t listen to anybody else. They’ll lie to you and say we don’t have talent it’s not the coaches fault BS. Ohio tiger we have a lot of pitchers that have gotten worse on this team and if not for a true freshman our record would’ve been average this year. Knaak really is our savior this season…. We don’t have much talent I can see that. No matter what he is working with though we should see some improvement from at least one guy. We haven’t. It’s not like Austin Gordon isn’t good. It’s not like Tristan Smith wasn’t highly recruited so why haven’t they been developed and why aren’t they any better this year than they were last year? Why does rob Hughes suck so bad he doesn’t even pitch anymore. Dude went from our go to closer to nothing….. Belanger needs to recruit great arms because so far he hasn’t shown the ability to develop average talent into good talent

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dont listen to anybody else"

May 25, 2024, 9:23 AM

OK conversation over everyone move on to the next topic.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Dont listen to anybody else"

May 25, 2024, 9:27 AM

Pretty much. Just like when Monte is here nobody is being realistic about what we are seeing. We need better arms no doubt but we shouldn’t be this bad with what we have. The pitching was better last year. Make that make sense

May 25, 2024, 9:44 AM

I'm not sure pitching was better last year. We lost players like Grice, Weiss, Hughes that were Sr pitchers and better than our average. The only one that appears to be worse is Garris. Reid is better, Darden is better both statistically. Both Smith and Tallent injuries hurt our pitching. I stand by Balenger and getting a couple more arms and we are pretty solid.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:

May 25, 2024, 10:34 AM

What???? Hughes is still here and much worse. Weiss hardly even pitched. He wasn’t a contributor to last year‘s team at all. You pretty much just proved my point by saying that Hughes is gone. he has become a ghost because he has gotten that much worse to the point where you didn’t even know he was still on the team 😂 yeah, we lost Grice, but insert knaak and why in the heck is the pitching so bad???

Message was edited by: BaseballCharlie®

May 25, 2024, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: "Dont listen to anybody else" ]

Knaak is only 5-1 which means we've won 72% of the games in which he didn't get the decision and at that rate woulda still won 40 games which is far above average. We win in spite of pitching because of our offense.

Titsworth has shown some growth but yeah I don't see much outside of him.

If Gordon hits his spots he's almost unhittable; problem is he often does not hit his spot. How much of that is on the coach how much on the player?

How much of college pitching development is coaching vs just strength and conditioning. Seriously I don't know anything about coaching pitchers. How many guys come in as average pitchers with 90 mph fastballs and leave as elite pitchers still with 90 mph fastballs? Is most of the growth just getting bigger and stronger and adding velocity?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitching

May 25, 2024, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Pitching ]

It is called the hot seat for a reason and if next year's staff fares no better, then you do have to start taking a harder look at coaching. Belanger has been successful wherever he has been so I'm expecting a jump in performance and development next season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 906
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic