Replies: 12   Last Post: Jun 15, 2021, 8:55 PM by: 76er®
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 12  

One player who probably doesnt

emoji_events [12]
Jun 14, 2021, 12:36 PM
flag     Reply

Get enough praise in the Tigers resurgence to big time football is Chandler Catanzaro.. How big was that last second field goal to beat LSU? Has to be one of the best Tiger games that I have witnessed in sixty years. Spiller and Boyd and Watkins and several others receive a lot of credit for putting the Tigers on the front page buy I’ve often wondered wh

link

Re: One player who probably doesnt

[1]
Jun 14, 2021, 12:41 PM
flag     Reply

Nuk.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg link

[1]
Jun 14, 2021, 12:43 PM
flag     Reply

Nuke has received a tremendous amount of credit

link

[3]
Jun 14, 2021, 5:19 PM
flag     Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC7_54oBLWo

2021 purple level member link

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Chill bumps!!!!

[1]
Jun 14, 2021, 6:13 PM
flag     Reply

Our start to Glory Road.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg link

Oops

[2]
Jun 14, 2021, 12:42 PM
flag     Reply

I’ve often wondered where the program would be if he had had missed that long field goal

Chandler had a several good years in the NFL after joining the league as a free agent. I’m sure he earned several million dollars as a pro.

link

Give the Mad Hatter some credit for us winning that game,

[4]
Jun 14, 2021, 1:21 PM
flag     Reply

as well. If he runs the ball instead of attempting passes, we run out of time and never get the ball back with enough time to mount that last drive. :)

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Absolutely right

[1]
Jun 14, 2021, 1:43 PM
flag     Reply

Those 3 pass calls were some of the dumbest decisions I've seen in CFB. They had us.... and blew it.

link

Re: Absolutely right

[1]
Jun 14, 2021, 5:10 PM
flag     Reply

More than likely so but if one had been completed, they would've gone to the run after a new set of downs and we would've had no chance of touching the ball again.
He gambled knowing that one first down and the game would be over. It was so obvious they'd call running plays and I suppose he thought he'd catch us sleeping. WRONG.
Once it became 2nd and 10, pass plays were pretty much the only way to pick up that game ending first down he so desperately wanted.
I'm just so grateful he went that route.

[2]
Jun 14, 2021, 5:15 PM
flag     Reply

One of the top 3 most exciting games I've seen Clemson play. Totally nerve-racking!
Then ... Boyd's pass, Nuk's catch and Catman's game ending kick put us on the road to greatness!

Jun 14, 2021, 5:26 PM
flag     Reply

Yep!

2021 purple level member link

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

[2]
Jun 14, 2021, 5:43 PM
flag     Reply

You, and many others on T-net, are absolutely correct. That win changed the trajectory of the program. I will freely admit, at the time, I had ZERO idea just how significant that win would be. I was simply happy that we beat a SEC (at the time) juggernaut and subsequently shut my LSU buddy’s $&@%ing obnoxious mouth. Life has been a good bit more satisfying since that pitch and catch. “The Catch” 3.0 perhaps? Go Tigers!

link

I felt it at the time. "FINALLY, WE ARE BACK!" is what I

Jun 15, 2021, 8:55 PM
flag     Reply

said as I jumped up out of my recliner and went crazy.

Thank Goodness we will never know, but Dabo would have had a much tougher road going forward if Catman had missed that kick. It would have been soul crushing, much more so than 70-33 in my book. The fact that it was the first bowl game FOLLOWING 70-33 would have made it that much worse. God Bless You, Catman!

Replies: 12  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 season tickets in North Stands Lower Deck, section UQ row N and O seats 1 and 3 for sale. These se...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
2532 people have read this post