Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jimmy Belanger sucks
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 952

Jimmy Belanger sucks

May 23, 2024, 11:44 AM

At his job period

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jimmy Belanger sucks

May 23, 2024, 11:54 AM

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he has a pitching staff with arms he recruits/develops. We certainly need to see some tangible progress next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2024, 11:55 AM

Thats becoming my thought as well … his guys at fsu threw a ton of k’s and decent era’s so I thought he was a good hire. I get that the cupboard was BARE but I don’t see guys getting better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2024, 11:57 AM

Yeah I don’t care what people try to say about the stats and the technicalities of this pitching staff

This is simply not good enough for what we should expect out of this team.

If we’re ever going to get back to Omaha, we better figure out pitching

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2024, 11:58 AM

Tell me you know nothing about baseball without telling me you know nothing about baseball.
He has done more with less talent than anyone in the country. Our pitching staff was decimated by the previous staff. Caden Grice was a shell of the pitcher his first 2 years before the current staff arrived. Moving Gordon to closer had to happen since Clayton and Hughes show no promise of improving. Titsworth, Reid, Mahlstedt and Barlow are all vastly improved over the season. It appears to me he’s investing more time in the young talent that wants to learn. Darden is an anomaly. He seems to be more worried about his looks that his performance. Won’t suprise me if Barlow replaces him in the postseason rotation. We have one redshirted freshman that is highly ranked and 3 that are hurt for the year that were set to be major contributors this year. (Samol, Talent, and Olychuk)

May 23, 2024, 12:05 PM

This is a terrible response. You aren’t just lying. You are making stuff up. I love how you just excuse Clayton and Hughes not getting any better. Who had something to do with that? Maybe their coach? Belanger hasn’t developed a single arm from last season to this season. Garris Clayton Reid Allen are no better. They’re all actually so bad we are using true freshmen instead of them……

May 23, 2024, 12:14 PM

Garris is coming off of an injury. Reid is definitely better. His velocity differential is vastly improved, as well as his control. Clayton I don’t understand. He was arguably our best reliever last year and looks lost this year. It’s almost as if he’s threatened by Mahlstedt

May 23, 2024, 12:30 PM

Rocco can’t throw strikes at all. None of what you are stating makes any sense and it is all conjectured to fit your narrative. We have numerous piiychers that have not gotten any better Have a nice day.

May 23, 2024, 12:40 PM

Please tell us something else you hate about our baseball program. All you do is complain on every thread. It must be a miserable life you lead. Most people expected this staff to take at least 3-4 years to resemble a competitive program. They are waaay ahead of schedule. Just enjoy the ride.

May 23, 2024, 12:55 PM

I’m not most people I predicted 42 or more wins in his first season and I was spot on

May 23, 2024, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Jimmy Belanger sucks ]

When the discussion turns into your a miserable person, blah blah blah, that means you conceded

May 23, 2024, 12:43 PM

Tell someone you don't know baseball without telling them you don't know baseball.
It's going to take time to get real pitchers/players into this program. This is what was left behind by Lee/See/Lecroy and that debacle.

May 23, 2024, 12:58 PM

^ this
Andrew See is an embarrassment to the game. It will take Bakich a while to recruit and develop the bull pen. Monte Lee and See had no idea what they were doing and we’re still paying for it.

May 23, 2024, 1:09 PM

AS DO YOU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 952
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic