Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
i predict a fat settlement and 2game suspension
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

i predict a fat settlement and 2game suspension

Mar 18, 2021, 11:38 AM

original extortion offer woulda been cheaper

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i predict a fat settlement and 2game suspension

Mar 18, 2021, 12:15 PM

If any part of this is true it runs completely counter to every thing we knew and saw from Watson when he was being recruited and while he played at Clemson.The claims would have more validity were they not all from the same lawyer who unashamedly and unabashedly is recruiting clients to make the same claim at exactly the same time as Watson is seeking a trade and right after signing a huge, record-setting guaranteed contract with the Texans.

I ain't saying it can't be true. Just that I would be astonished if any part of them are, and what is being suggested is exactly what the lawyer wants: settle with cash and give me my 40% x 6.

Mar 18, 2021, 12:23 PM

I believe fully that Deshaun Watson is innocent, and will be found so if it is pursued in the court of law. In my mind, I do not understand how if the accuser truly was assaulted, they would be willing to settle for 100,000 dollars. If something truly happened, a large (not astronomical) sum of money would not scratch the surface of the potential damage that such a interaction would have caused. I believe that this is a classic case of an individual attempting to extort a famous/noteworthy person on claims that are entirely false. Given the current political environment and the verdict of guilty for males in the court of public opinion, I can see why it would be easier than ever to enact such a case against a individual. I just feel bad for Watson, as no innocent person should ever have such heinous allegations levied against them unless there is severe, and irrefutable evidence to accompany such claims.

I’d touch the tip for $100k***

Mar 18, 2021, 12:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2021, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: i predict a fat settlement and 2game suspension ]

No one said it was $100K. They said it was 6 figures. I wonder how much they were trying to milk him for?

Bullcrap. You got it all wrong.

Mar 19, 2021, 6:31 AM

He didn't do anything, so he will pay nothing.

Mar 19, 2021, 7:49 AM

if their plan was to trade him for multiple first-day picks, Chicago is desperate, dragging his name through the mud would be stupid. So I am not really sure what the incentive is here, albeit the entire situation is extremely sketchy. Attornies typically do not announce a civil suit on Twitter.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic