Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heartfelt prayers for all those affected by yet another
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Heartfelt prayers for all those affected by yet another

Mar 27, 2023, 5:05 PM

SENSELESS school shooting in Nashville, Tennessee. It appears that the world is literally going crazy at this time. This was an ELEMENTARY school full of little ones. ANY shooting is senseless, but that fact somehow makes this one seem even more so.

Jesus, you said these type things must come to pass before the End Times. Hold these families in Your Healing Arms tonight, as they deal with an unspeakable horror that has been thrust upon them.
Amen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen.***

Mar 27, 2023, 5:09 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Amen***

Mar 27, 2023, 5:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heartfelt prayers for all those affected by yet another

Mar 27, 2023, 5:40 PM

It is even more senseless in an elementary school. Prayers for all

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Mar 27, 2023, 5:41 PM

Information about the shooter will be coming out soon, assuming the media doesn’t quash it. Still horribly senseless, but may help connect the dots on the deadly threat these poor children had to face. Naturally, I expect the focus to be on the weapons rather than the shooter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Especially if it's an "assault rifle..."***

Mar 27, 2023, 5:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Especially if it's an "assault rifle..."***

Mar 27, 2023, 6:16 PM

It was two plus a handgun. The first I’ve seen where it was a woman shooter (28) that reportedly went to the same school when younger. People are crazy.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Especially if it's an "assault rifle..."***

Mar 28, 2023, 9:09 AM

But she identifies as a man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2023, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Heartfelt prayers for all those affected by yet another ]

Early reports say the shooter was a female carrying two assault rifles and a handgun. She was killed by law enforcement. Biden is already calling for more gun control.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An AR-15 isn't an assault rifle.***

Mar 27, 2023, 6:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An AR-15 isn't an assault rifle.***

Mar 27, 2023, 6:21 PM

The only difference in an AR 15 and a M16 is the selector switch that you can put it on safety, simi, or automatic. That one small switch is the only difference in the two weapons!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but an AR can be converted to full auto

Mar 27, 2023, 7:11 PM

with about 4 parts and some light machining. My point is an AR-15 isn't an assault rifle nor was the M-16. The term is loosely thrown around mostly because people confuse the AR for (Armolite) the original OEM for assault rifle. That and an agenda-pushing gov't.

The fact is that an AR-15 semi-auto is far less dangers than other semi-auto's in higher calibers.

Mar 27, 2023, 7:13 PM [ in reply to An AR-15 isn't an assault rifle.*** ]

Here we go, children die, and you gun nuts split hairs over what the weapons are called. It doesn't bring back the hundreds of dead children killed by weapons designed for one thing - killing people

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2012, 10:13 PM

People kill people .

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So true ... rocks, knives, swords, bow and

Mar 27, 2023, 7:40 PM

arrows, spears, and jawbones of donkeys have been used to kill people. Guns are not the problem. The problem is the human soul/heart!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sorry, but I'm not a gun nut. Just educated.

Mar 27, 2023, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: An AR-15 isn't an assault rifle.*** ]

The agenda about what type of gun belongs to another faction whom I oppose.

Pretty simple.

Mar 28, 2023, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: An AR-15 isn't an assault rifle.*** ]

Whenever someone tells me that "Guns are only made for killing people" I point out that I've fired literally thousands and thousands of rounds, including many through so-called "assault weapons" and never killed anyone or anything (*), so I must be using mine wrong. In reality, a firearm is designed to fire a projectile at high speed at whatever it is aimed at. There are some 300M firearms owned by private citizens in this country; 43% of all US households own one or more firearms. Estimates are that 8-10 billion rounds of ammunition are used every year in the US. More than 100M people use their 300M firearms, firing about 9 billion rounds of ammunition to do something OTHER than killing people with them.

Mass shootings only happen because evil people commit evil acts. Yes, guns in the hands of evil people are dangerous. But evil people bent on committing evil acts will use whatever they can get their hands on. For example 2018 Hancock Park Synagogue attack, 2017 New York City truck attack, 2017 Charlottesville attack, 2017 Barcelona attacks, and 2016 Ohio State University attack, just to name a few.

(*) Other than having executed a few rats and armadillos that I caught in traps. I use live traps instead of killing traps or poison so that if I catch a cat or squirrel or chipmunk, I can let them go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget hijacked airplanes.***

Mar 28, 2023, 12:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Mar 27, 2023, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Heartfelt prayers for all those affected by yet another ]

Media describing the shooter as “female” are deliberately providing misinformation. They can’t have it both ways.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

He Should Be Calling For Anti-Christian Sicko Transgender

Mar 27, 2023, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Heartfelt prayers for all those affected by yet another ]

Control

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2023, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Heartfelt prayers for all those affected by yet another ]

None of them should leave the spot that they're caught alive, Amen!!! When you know they are guilty of one worst crime known to man, why waste the courts time and money giving them a trial and wasting taxpayers money to keep them alive for the rest of their miserable lives. They should be without a doubt executed where they were standing when they were caught!!!!!

Mar 28, 2023, 9:20 AM

Prayers for a crazy world. Something has to break before it's unfixable. We can start with The Ten Commandments.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Evil exists - please send them your peace***

Mar 28, 2023, 9:29 AM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic