Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Even without Clowney doing anything, SC is up 17
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Even without Clowney doing anything, SC is up 17

Aug 29, 2013, 9:17 PM

That isn't good news, in my opinion. UNC does have some big mistakes in the game though.

It is odd that UNC's up tempo offense is having a noticeable effect on SC but I didn't notice SC having much of a problem with Clemson's up tempo, even before half time, as in this game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even without Clowney doing anything, SC is up 17

Aug 29, 2013, 9:21 PM

what you are leaving out is that USC Defense lost Swearinger, Holloman, quarles, and a couple other contributors to their defense. this defense just has hampton and clowney. and the UNC offense is terrible. that's not an uptempo offense they are running.. its a hurry up.. Clemson would have already ran 70 plays the way that offense was running. and a lot of running down field with those linebackers and corners.. that defense would be shot..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2013, 9:24 PM

Ah, thanks man. I watch college football but I don't really understand the game, so to speak.

What exactly is the difference between hurry up and up tempo? I apologize if this is a dumb question.

Aug 29, 2013, 10:23 PM

There's no diff CRF. It's just that we're better at running it.

Aug 29, 2013, 10:31 PM

Ah, so just a more consistent excetition which obviously would tire out the defensive players more.

I don't think I ever seen defensive players so tired as those LSU players in that bowl game last year. I swear two of them look like they were in tears and that was before they lost the game.

Aug 29, 2013, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Even without Clowney doing anything, SC is up 17 ]

Is Clowney tired simply because the UNC offense is able to dial in on him more than last year, given the SC defense is less talented?

I must admit the Clowney stomach virus thing sounds like a tall tale. LOL

What is funny is I just read something today about how he is in great shape this year compared to last year.

I'm not cocky, but UNC can't hold our jock

Aug 29, 2013, 9:24 PM

this year at least. We outclass them in every conceivable way. It's to be expected, they are rebuilding and recovering from a number of things, including sanctions. They're just in a different point in the cycle than we are.

Re: I'm not cocky, but UNC can't hold our jock

Aug 29, 2013, 9:28 PM

They look like they have some talent but the play calling isn't the best.

UNC is being investigated for all sorts of things these days.

Talent? Their talent is terrible.***

Aug 29, 2013, 9:42 PM

Re: Talent? Their talent is terrible.***

Aug 29, 2013, 9:49 PM

Well I think their QB looks solid, one of their RB's had some good runs, and that Hurst guy was doing good against Clowney. That sounds like some talent to me.

I already said I'm not a football expert though.

Renner had terrible throws

Aug 29, 2013, 10:00 PM

Many overthrown. I agree with the rest, but their RB is not Gio Bernard.

Clemson

Re: Renner had terrible throws

Aug 29, 2013, 10:11 PM

That's true, I actually forgot that guy graduated, I was looking forward to the game when I thought he was playing but I knew they didn't have much of a chance when I found out.

^^^^Coot with new name^^^^***

Aug 29, 2013, 9:26 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: ^^^^Coot with new name^^^^***

Aug 29, 2013, 9:31 PM

I get the feeling you say post this every single time a new person shows up on here.

No that was actually the first. You got a wrong feeling***

Aug 29, 2013, 9:33 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Statistics show a handle made on the same day,

Aug 29, 2013, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^^Coot with new name^^^^*** ]

first post is a thin veiled attack on Clemson, yes, you are definitely a #### loving piece of ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Kinda rough but +1......LOL***

Aug 29, 2013, 9:40 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Statistics show a handle made on the same day,

Aug 29, 2013, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Statistics show a handle made on the same day, ]

LOL,

All I did was say I don't think it is somewhat surprising SC is up 17 with Clowney looking like he is about to die. Mike James looks a lot better than I thought he was but that might be more UNC was horrible on that play than anything.

Our offense got LSU tired in that game but not SC but they did have a lot of freak 3rd and long conversions in that game to eat up so much time in the 2nd half.

The name, joined date, & how SC handled us was giveaway***

Aug 29, 2013, 9:50 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: The name, joined date, & how SC handled us was giveaway***

Aug 29, 2013, 9:53 PM

You are paranoid.

My screenname is based on the book about Jesse James, which I liked, and I just read.

I signed up tonight b/c the football season started tonight.

Go to this website citydata.com/forum and go down to the SOuth Carolina forum, then Columbia forum, and look at some of the threads about USC. I am the Clemson fan on there. Let's just say the coots didn't like me very much. LOL

I know who Robert Ford was. The fact that you are bringing

Aug 29, 2013, 9:58 PM

up a book on a sports based website is cause enough that your shoelaces should be tied together.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I know who Robert Ford was. The fact that you are bringing

Aug 29, 2013, 10:02 PM

Most people read books. You seem kind of rigid man. Just go post on another thread , I don't want to argue or be interrogated. I said I am not a SC fan. You don't want to believe that, that is fine. Are SC fans not allowed on here? I don't see what the big deal is, either way. I don't get angry about sports, it is supposed to be fun.

I was here first. Lol!!!!!***

Aug 29, 2013, 10:03 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: The name, joined date, & how SC handled us was giveaway***

Aug 29, 2013, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: The name, joined date, & how SC handled us was giveaway*** ]

I'm a frequenter of City-Data myself, though I'm usually on the city-vs-city area haha. I don't really have any connection to South Carolina outside of having gone to Clemson so I don't really pay attention to the South Carolina sub-forums

Dude.

Aug 29, 2013, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Statistics show a handle made on the same day, ]

In numerous posts, you state how 'little you know about football'.

Then you proceed to break down esoteric minutiae of Clemson/SCar's previous seasons/rosters.

Also, after being labeled a 'coot', you react with a studied defensiveness, as opposed to the bewilderment/confusion that would've accompanied such a charge were you who you said you are.

Coward, indeed.

Congrats on the big win. Expect a solid 5-7 more this season.

Re: Dude.

Aug 29, 2013, 10:13 PM

why shouldn't I be defensive, he clearly is on offense, basically trying to lynch mob me and get me banned I think.

I don't think my analysis is much more than a casual football fan's, I can talk about schedules and stuff like that, I haven't had any detailed football analysis on here though.

R u kidding me

Aug 29, 2013, 9:55 PM

They played NC....they will get their butts drug all over the field this year.

Re: R u kidding me

LOL,

OK man, I didn't watch that much of the game. When I was watching is when they got down the near the end zone and they had some good plays in that series.

I'm def. not a UNC fan and in fact, I hate UNC, overhyped school and it is leftwing too.

lol good try coot

Aug 29, 2013, 10:01 PM

UNC has the worst defense in the ACC as they did last year. Your whole defense was gassed by halftime. UGA is licking their chops for next week.

^^^^SEE??^^^^***

Aug 29, 2013, 10:02 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: lol good try coot

Aug 29, 2013, 10:05 PM [ in reply to lol good try coot ]

Dude,

I said they were gassed. One of my points was I was surprised Clemson didn't wear them out last year because Clemson has more talent on offense, and Clemson was able to wear out LSU. I don't see how this is a coot ruse, but even if it was, it still is a decent observation.

Coots had much better defense last year

Aug 29, 2013, 10:07 PM

and lost a lot on defense. They don't have much depth this year and it is showing and Clowney obviously didn't get into shape. Think he may have eye in the NFL?

Re: Coots had much better defense last year

Aug 29, 2013, 10:10 PM

It is kind of odd he can't get into shape, I thought these guys basically in football camp all year?

I could see him being a bust in NFL when he is going up against stud offense players across an entire team.

Re: lol good try coot

Aug 29, 2013, 10:24 PM [ in reply to lol good try coot ]

I'd say Georgia is licking their chops for Saturday night, if I know Mark Richt!

Well they didn't have a problem with our up-tempo LAST season but this is a new season and it seems that the coaching staff was more concerned about packing the pounds on the USuC defense than having them show up in good condition. They've been sucking wind all game.

And we have yet to play our game yet, but from what I have seen so far - the coots D would have a heck of a time trying to stop our Offense. Clemson Offense > UNC Offense

Aug 29, 2013, 10:07 PM

Well that's true, I do think Clemson offense could carve up this SC defense, although this assumes it is as good as last year which we don't know for sure losing Andre Ellington and Hopkins.

But I do think UNC has done much better blocking Clowney than Clemson did and it was really Clowney who killed us. I think he gets into Boyd's head a bit too, if Boyd just stops thinking so much out there we should be fine this year.

Aug 29, 2013, 10:19 PM

Clowney will struggle in nfl. He has no work ethic. He plays for his benefit and not his team.

Aug 29, 2013, 10:24 PM

Was Clowney the SC player who completely wiffed on a tackle on the QB? That was pretty funny, not sure if I have seen that before.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic