Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU vs UGA
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 7674

CU vs UGA

Jun 23, 2024, 10:26 AM

I posted this 6 or 8 weeks ago. Wondering how we feel now?

Score prediction vs UGA?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: CU vs UGA

Jun 23, 2024, 10:36 AM

Nothing's changed: Dawgs 34 - Tigers 17.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2024, 10:21 AM

Hate to say this but don’t think Clemson will score more than a touchdown or field goal. No confidence in QB and defense will be exhausted from being on field all game. 45-3 Georgia

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 10:38 AM

No change. 20 points wins the game. Wouldn’t be surprised with another 10-3 score. Maybe this time we get the pick six.

Jun 23, 2024, 10:45 AM

You've posted this previously. Kentucky put up 28 offensive points on Clemson in the Gator Bowl. You really see a scenario where Clemson wins this game with 20 points?

Jun 23, 2024, 10:50 AM

Yes. Our defense is going to be very good and most teams aren’t fully up to speed offensively in the first game. I definitely expect a low scoring game from both teams.

Jun 23, 2024, 12:37 PM

rhettfla said:

most teams aren’t fully up to speed offensively in the first game.

Kirby's teams have scored 30 or more points in the opener in 7 of the last 8 seasons. Yes, some of those were against creampuffs, but some were against good teams. And we have a lot of proven experience returning on offense.

Jun 23, 2024, 5:25 PM

Against sisters of the poor and you lost some offensive weapons so I can't see you scoring 30.

Jun 23, 2024, 7:10 PM

So Oregon and UNC (then coming off an 11-win season) are "sisters of the poor"? A couple others were conference opponents on the road, and UGA beat the spread. We may not score 30, but the point is that Kirby more often than not has his team ready in game 1 - particularly in big games. Anyone counting on our offense to sputter, may very well be setting themselves up for a disappointment.

Jun 24, 2024, 11:23 AM

Yes, defensively, UNC and Oregon are sisters of the poor. Or worse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: CU vs UGA ]

Georgia 35
Clemson 10

Jun 23, 2024, 5:25 PM

LSPoo?

South Carolina held the bulldogs to 24 points. Clemson should be able to

Jun 23, 2024, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: CU vs UGA ]

do better than that, especially in the first game of the season. Plus, Georgia's defense isn't the same as it was a few years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: South Carolina held the bulldogs to 24 points. Clemson should be able to

Jun 23, 2024, 11:08 AM

South Carolina also held Clemson to 16 points and no offensive touchdowns. Sure you want to use SC as some kind of gage?

Of course, for those of us who know about the injuries that Clemson had

Jun 23, 2024, 11:09 AM

in that game. Also, learn how to spell gauge. Not a good look, assuming you graduated from Georgia, especially.

Re: Of course, for those of us who know about the injuries that Clemson had

Jun 23, 2024, 11:20 AM

How many UGA players were injured for the SC game? You don't know because you didn't look. You didn't look because it's irrelevant. Injuries only became an issue for you after I called you out on your asinine comparison. You get called on your asinine post and you bring up spelling. You got me. I was trying to communicate a thought not review it as a reseach paper.

So, read through this carefully. You may find another grammatical error or two. Or, post something else we can all roll our eyes at. Tell us all why NC State, Wake Forest, Miami, and Duke also held Clemson to few points.

You're pointing the finger at yourself. You may want to alter your coffee blend

Jun 23, 2024, 11:22 AM

to more decaf and less high test.

Jun 23, 2024, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Of course, for those of us who know about the injuries that Clemson had ]

Anyone who watched those games would know that fumbles kept points off the board, you need no further research.

Jun 23, 2024, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Of course, for those of us who know about the injuries that Clemson had ]

Hate to say it but AFDAWG might be right. But with all the question marks on offense, I wouldn’t take the points in this one. Would love nothing better than a 80s type Clemson/Georgia game but don’t believe it’s this season.

Jun 23, 2024, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina held the bulldogs to 24 points. Clemson should be able to ]

Funny how you spend so much time on Clemson board. Puppies not care for you on their board?

Jun 24, 2024, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina held the bulldogs to 24 points. Clemson should be able to ]

Why use the previous year games or even a game from a prior week to gage an upcoming game ? That is ridiculous, look at GT last year 8 point difference in the Georgia game and 22 point difference in the Clemson game .
That means absolutely nothing , but you seem to think it does . Also please tell the grown men and women to quit barking like dogs . It is embarrassing for our country .

Jun 23, 2024, 1:18 PM [ in reply to South Carolina held the bulldogs to 24 points. Clemson should be able to ]

Don’t you think a larger sample size might say something a little different.

It’s never that easy.

(Not saying what will or will not happen but you can never look at one game … to set a precedent … ever)

I remember a season back in the 90’s but about six individual games showed that The Citadel should be in the top 10 … it was actually pretty funny.

Jun 23, 2024, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: CU vs UGA ]

Apparently, you don't understand the college game as you think you do. From season to season just about everything changes for the good or the bad depending on the talent that has moved in or moved out. For me that is what makes college FB one of the best sports in the world. A team can go from no bowl game last season to playing in the NC the next season. You never actually know what you're going to have until it has been tested!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: CU vs UGA ]

Biel games intensity and 1st game intensity are two different things. Think you might get a surprise. Guess we’ll see.

Odds Are Kirby Will Facilitate The Deaths and/or Injuries of at least 3-4

Jun 24, 2024, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: CU vs UGA ]

Players via booze, drugs, sexual assaults and cars before that game. So there is that fact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 10:40 AM

Georgia-24, Clemson-6

Jun 23, 2024, 2:17 PM

Not asking for the cooters score verses Vandy. You give cooties way too much credit cause no way they score 6.

Jun 23, 2024, 10:42 AM

CU - 24, UGA - 13

Our D is going to stonewall UGA but good. 7 points off TO and otherwise enough O at key moments to have them playing in panic mode later game.

It's going to be a beautiful opening game in the ATL.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 10:43 AM

Trying to be objective: Georgia 27, Clemson 14.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson 24 Georgia 20. After scoring on their first drive, Wes Goodwin

Jun 23, 2024, 10:43 AM

brings the blitzes from all over the field to rattle Georgia and Carson Beck into a couple of turnovers.

CLEM 38 GEORGIA 10

Jun 23, 2024, 10:55 AM

Brock Bowers was their offense (The same reason Travis Kelce and KC thrive was why uga thrived)

Is that why Alabama beat them with a QB completing only 13 passes for 192 yards?

Jun 23, 2024, 11:11 AM

Clemson also has a great defense with the speed to attack an immobile Georgia QB while having their own mobile QB.

Coincidence? I think not.

Re: Is that why Alabama beat them with a QB completing only 13 passes for 192 yards?

Jun 23, 2024, 1:23 PM

Do you think Cade is more mobile than Carson?

Of course.***

Jun 23, 2024, 6:12 PM

Re: CLEM 38 GEORGIA 10

Jun 23, 2024, 1:27 PM [ in reply to CLEM 38 GEORGIA 10 ]

Kirby's defenses have allowed 31 or more points only twice in the last 3 years. What is it about Clemson's offense that would indicate they will score 38 (other than just "we should be better at OL, QB, & WR")?

Jun 23, 2024, 8:20 PM

Because we clemson player killa

you should all be fooking ashamed and about your derelict coach and program

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because Your Mom and Sister Told Me So While Making a Morbidsammich

Jun 24, 2024, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: CLEM 38 GEORGIA 10 ]

last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that wa a last year and everything g UGA is Clemson was

Jun 24, 2024, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: CLEM 38 GEORGIA 10 ]

y'all don't even know what it's like to go to 4 out of 5 straight National Title games .

y'all don't even know what it's like to win a ring vs a real opponent

UGA is trash and the defense is about to be shredded

Jun 23, 2024, 4:15 PM [ in reply to CLEM 38 GEORGIA 10 ]

Also,
Brock Bowers accounted for 11% of our total offense (742 of 6951 total yards) and 10% of our TDs scored (7 of 69).
By contrast, Travis Kelce accounted for 16% of their total offense (984 of 6167 total yards) and 14% of their TDs (5 of 37 TDs).

So basically, Kelce was responsible for almost 50% more of KCs offense & scoring than Bowers was vis-a-vis UGA.

Jun 23, 2024, 10:58 AM

Thinking UGA 27 - Clemson 17

Hoping Clemson 24 - UGA 17 (OT Win)

UGA returns 16 starters (7 or more starts). QB. TE. 4 WR's. 4 OL. 6 Defense.

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/longformarticle/georgia-football-here-is-every-returning-starter-for-2024-226230579/#2354592

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Agree with something like this^^^

Jun 23, 2024, 6:14 PM

I think quite possible and even likely that Clemson has lead at halftime - something like 14-13 or 13-10.

But in the end UGA is too much to handle and wins 27-17

I hope to be in attendance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA is going to prisonrape us

Jun 23, 2024, 11:07 AM

Hope that helps

Jun 23, 2024, 11:24 AM

Unless there is much improvement with Cade and the offensive issues, Clemson 13 UGA 34

Cade’s unpredictability scares the crap out of me…

I hope all you guys ^^^^^ who give us no chance

Jun 23, 2024, 11:37 AM

plan on watching the coots play instead of us (even if you have to wait until another day). Even if we were playing the Chiefs, I would be more optimistic and hope for fumbles by Mahomes on every snap .

Honest opinions doesnt equal bad fans

Jun 23, 2024, 11:48 AM

Have you seen Clemson play football since 2021? It’s not good …

Jun 23, 2024, 12:07 PM

34-7 Georgia

Jun 23, 2024, 12:29 PM

30 to 13 Georgia
Offensive woes will continue. A great defense can only survive so many 3 and outs by a pedestrian offense.

Re: CU vs UGA***

Jun 23, 2024, 12:30 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 12:31 PM

Clemson wins 30-28

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 1:05 PM

To many questions about Clemson. Is the Defense going to be as good as expected?
Is the O line going to improve? The kicking game? Quarterback and receiver play?
If there is vast improvement in these areas then Clemson definitely can win the game.
GA is GA so the talent is there but this is a new team so who knows.

Hate it , but Dawgs by 20. Re-watched the 2023 UNC game yesterday

Jun 23, 2024, 2:38 PM

and it did not give me the snuggles!

Jun 23, 2024, 3:12 PM

CU - 13
UGA - 10

Jun 23, 2024, 6:38 PM

Feeling like a close game to me, these teams always play each other close.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2024, 6:43 PM

For the offense it depends on Klubnick playing his "BestGameEver" with help from Oline, WRs, and Phil Mafah posting well over 100 yrds keeping Clemson Defense fresh thru-out the game will result in a close win or lost. Georgia's only team weaknest Secondary. QB Carson Beck is solid passer with solid
receivers. Clemson Secondary has to play their best. If everthing I posted above about Clemson does
not pan out ( Vegas now has Georgia 13.5 pt fav ) Georgia will surpass Vegas by 10 pts or more!!!

Replies: 53
| visibility 7674
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic