Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson to Big Ten problem I just thought of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Clemson to Big Ten problem I just thought of

Jul 1, 2022, 7:46 PM

I know some think the Big Ten will come calling. I doubt it. But it is possible. And many here would prefer the Big Ten over the SEC.

But here's the problem..... The Big Ten play a nine game conference schedule. So.... We would play 9 Big Ten teams plus South Carolina...that ten games. That only leaves two games Clemson can elect who to play. And those two will likely be a Div 2 team and a lower tier group of five team. So no more big time match ups with Georgia or Auburn. Or sacrifice a home game which Clemson will not do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson to Big Ten problem I just thought of

Jul 1, 2022, 7:49 PM

Also, not good for baseball or softball. Soccer may be ok but would hate to abandon long-standing rivalries because college athletics leaders have gone mad with greed.

Jul 1, 2022, 8:01 PM

Yeah that would be a LOT of extra travel for smaller sports and their families and fans. Extra media dough could cover it on the admin side but extra wear and tear on all the people involved.

What I would like to see is the football programs just break off from the rest. Keep these conferences geographically aligned for these many sports and all the kids playing them and their followers and just retitle the new league as something different. Each school can still belong to its particular conference, they would just be mixed in with others sometimes during the season.

These big new conferences will all go to 10 games from the get go I'm guessing. That will be part of the bigger media packages - more in house.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2022, 8:06 PM

Seems reasonable. Stay ACC for everything except football, like ND.

For football, we will be in pod 4A of the BIG 48.

Jul 1, 2022, 8:26 PM

Over 100 million a year, I think you could sacrifice a home game or 2.

Jul 1, 2022, 9:34 PM

It will not happen but if it did, I would take games against Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, SC or UCLA over games against Georgia and Auburn any day of the year.

Really? Are serious Clarke?***

Jul 1, 2022, 10:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too.***

Jul 1, 2022, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson to Big Ten problem I just thought of ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic