Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson MBB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 251

Clemson MBB

Apr 2, 2023, 1:29 AM

If you are still a Brownell supporter at this point, you’re trying to make nuanced arguments as to why BB is slightly good enough to keep his job.

My question is why, IMO Purnell was better…but that doesn’t matter, because he shouldn’t be the measuring stick. We want better than Purnell, Brownell, or Barnes. We want to actually be competitive. We aren’t now. We just got beat at home by moorehead st to wrap the season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My question is why did Purnell and Barnes bolt? Why did Rick

Apr 2, 2023, 3:13 AM

Stansbury prefer to stay in Starkville? Why did Larry Eustachy prefer to stay in Ames? Why did we have to settle for at best our 3rd option coming off three straight trips to the NCAA Tourney?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Facilities. Littlejohn is a shined up Kleenex box from the

Apr 2, 2023, 6:04 AM

60's that's given a new coat of paint passed off as "major renovations" every decade. They really thought rotating the floor 90 degrees was going to make a difference. It's time to implode it, put some other rich families name on a new building and actually build something new instead of buying new lipstick for that pig.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Facilities. Littlejohn is a shined up Kleenex box from the

Apr 2, 2023, 8:22 AM

Exactly. And guess who's decision and oversight was that, Neff.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re joking, right?***

Apr 2, 2023, 8:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

they bolted so they didn't have to recruit against NC & Duke***

Apr 2, 2023, 8:52 AM [ in reply to My question is why did Purnell and Barnes bolt? Why did Rick ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And what has changed? The next guy is going to have to do

Apr 2, 2023, 1:04 PM

the same thing

Barnes simply got a better offer where he ultimately

Apr 2, 2023, 10:40 AM [ in reply to My question is why did Purnell and Barnes bolt? Why did Rick ]

stood to make much more money and be more successful at Texas, plus there were rumors of some naughty behavior with women other than his wife. As for Purnell, as great of a job as he had done, taking the program from the horrific mess Shyatt left for him and in short order making 3 NCAA tournaments in a row, he had plateaued and was not likely to do much better given his style of play in what was unquestionably the best basketball conference in the land.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Barnes was coming off 3 straight NCAAs with a team full

Apr 2, 2023, 1:16 PM

SRs and he left for a 50K raise...Purnell left for a bottom dweller in what was no worse than the second toughest conference in the land...And he left a team that was coming off 3 straight NCAAs...And we courted the coaches from Mississippi State and Iowa State that we KNOW of and were told thank you, but no thank you...What make you think it's going to be any different THIS time?

Larry Williams wrote an article after Purnell left stating

Apr 2, 2023, 11:20 AM [ in reply to My question is why did Purnell and Barnes bolt? Why did Rick ]

that, when Coach Purnell informed Terry Don Phillips of the offer he had from DePaul, Coach Phillips low balled him on his counter offer, justifying it by telling Coach Purnell that the cost of living in Clemson was much lower.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terry Don publicly stated that he didn’t have a chance to make a counter offer.

Apr 2, 2023, 11:36 AM

Someone is wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Link?***

Apr 2, 2023, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Larry Williams wrote an article after Purnell left stating ]

Re: Clemson MBB

Apr 2, 2023, 9:49 AM

What is your definition of good enough? This year is not over, but go back the last 5 seasons and look at how many, or how few depending on your point of view, Tiger teams won an ACC Championship. Winning a championship or making the National Tournament are not my ideas of whether teams and coaches are successful.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2023, 10:21 AM

“Winning a championship or making the National Tournament are not my ideas of whether teams and coaches are successful.”

And that is why we are not successful in basketball

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2023, 1:04 PM

Valley coot is a troll!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just when I think you've outdone your own stupid

Apr 2, 2023, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson MBB ]

you type another response.

Curious if your relies are unthought instinct or if you really have to pound out how stupid you are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 251
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic