Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson better be buttering both sides of the bread
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Clemson better be buttering both sides of the bread

Jul 23, 2021, 2:46 PM

The ACC is second lowest in conference revenue. We just don’t have the s€x appeal to lure a Penn St/OSU/Mich/TA&M away from current conferences.

I certainly hope the ACC comish is polishing up his best sales pitch for Notre Dame.

At the same time, I hope Dan Rad is polishing his best sales pitch to the SEC.

The reality I think we are facing is that the ACC is likely in greater danger of being poached than we are of poaching, especially if ND won’t budge.

Grant of media rights means nothing in this new environment. Didn’t mean anything to Maryland several years ago.

The worst thing that could happen would be for UNC, Duke, and Louisville to bolt for the B1G. Sure they’re football lightweights, but they bring in the lions share in basketball. ACC revenue would take a potentially unrecoverable beating.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson better be buttering both sides of the bread

Jul 23, 2021, 3:26 PM

Basketball revenue is not going to be a lucrative enough reason. Football is where it is at.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The SEC does not want Clemson

Jul 23, 2021, 4:01 PM

They made the abundantly clear over and over again. Plus UofSC will block us like A&M is trying too do with the longhorns.

USUCK vote carries zero weight

Jul 23, 2021, 4:56 PM

They will get told what to do by daddy bama

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The SEC does not want Clemson

Jul 23, 2021, 8:29 PM [ in reply to The SEC does not want Clemson ]

How’s that gonna work out for A&M? About the same as it would for our little brother if it became an issue

Jul 23, 2021, 4:51 PM

Completely agree. I would hate to see it happen, but if the ACC can’t step up then Clemson needs to look out for #1

Jul 23, 2021, 5:00 PM

The ACC is second lowest in conference revenue. We just don’t have the s€x appeal to lure a Penn St/OSU/Mich/TA&M away from current conferences.

I certainly hope the ACC comish is polishing up his best sales pitch for Notre Dame.

At the same time, I hope Dan Rad is polishing his best sales pitch to the SEC.

The reality I think we are facing is that the ACC is likely in greater danger of being poached than we are of poaching, especially if ND won’t budge.

Grant of media rights means nothing in this new environment. Didn’t mean anything to Maryland several years ago.

The worst thing that could happen would be for UNC, Duke, and Louisville to bolt for the B1G. Sure they’re football lightweights, but they bring in the lions share in basketball. ACC revenue would take a potentially unrecoverable beating.

The grant of rights came after Maryland left. Swofford didn’t want to see that tune played again and got what he wanted. A bunch of boats tied together for better or worse until 2036. Ride out the storm together or sink as a flotilla. This is going to get interesting, but don’t plan on Clemson leaving for any other conference.

Jul 23, 2021, 8:29 PM

Maryland sued over the exit fee and settled at $31 million. Yes, the grant of media rights came months after they left but you have to believe this would be contested.

Jul 23, 2021, 8:38 PM

Sure it's not the lowest in revenue?

Jul 23, 2021, 8:47 PM

BIG 12 is the lowest or will be after this move for sure. SEC will way more than double their revenue compared to the ACC after this move

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic