»
Topic: Clemson better be buttering both sides of the bread
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jul 23, 2021, 8:47 PM by: Southeasterntiger
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus PawCoins!

Love Love Love!
monetization_on 1000
Quality Content
monetization_on 1000
Big Fish
monetization_on 1000
Hmm
monetization_on 1000
Flammable
monetization_on 1000
Caring
monetization_on 1000
Nom Nom Nom
monetization_on 1000
Ooo, Shiny!
monetization_on 1000
Hear ye, hear ye
monetization_on 1000
Cheers
monetization_on 1000
Bravo
monetization_on 500
Grats
monetization_on 1000
Take My Coins
monetization_on 1000
Great Idea!
monetization_on 1000
Nope
monetization_on 1000

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Clemson better be buttering both sides of the bread

[2]
Jul 23, 2021, 2:46 PM

The ACC is second lowest in conference revenue. We just don’t have the s€x appeal to lure a Penn St/OSU/Mich/TA&M away from current conferences.

I certainly hope the ACC comish is polishing up his best sales pitch for Notre Dame.

At the same time, I hope Dan Rad is polishing his best sales pitch to the SEC.

The reality I think we are facing is that the ACC is likely in greater danger of being poached than we are of poaching, especially if ND won’t budge.

Grant of media rights means nothing in this new environment. Didn’t mean anything to Maryland several years ago.

The worst thing that could happen would be for UNC, Duke, and Louisville to bolt for the B1G. Sure they’re football lightweights, but they bring in the lions share in basketball. ACC revenue would take a potentially unrecoverable beating.

flag link

Re: Clemson better be buttering both sides of the bread

Jul 23, 2021, 3:26 PM

Basketball revenue is not going to be a lucrative enough reason. Football is where it is at.

2021 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

The SEC does not want Clemson

Jul 23, 2021, 4:01 PM

They made the abundantly clear over and over again. Plus UofSC will block us like A&M is trying too do with the longhorns.

flag link

USUCK vote carries zero weight

Jul 23, 2021, 4:56 PM

They will get told what to do by daddy bama

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

Re: The SEC does not want Clemson

Jul 23, 2021, 8:29 PM

How’s that gonna work out for A&M? About the same as it would for our little brother if it became an issue

flag link

Jul 23, 2021, 4:51 PM

Completely agree. I would hate to see it happen, but if the ACC can’t step up then Clemson needs to look out for #1

flag link

Jul 23, 2021, 5:00 PM

The ACC is second lowest in conference revenue. We just don’t have the s€x appeal to lure a Penn St/OSU/Mich/TA&M away from current conferences.

I certainly hope the ACC comish is polishing up his best sales pitch for Notre Dame.

At the same time, I hope Dan Rad is polishing his best sales pitch to the SEC.

The reality I think we are facing is that the ACC is likely in greater danger of being poached than we are of poaching, especially if ND won’t budge.

Grant of media rights means nothing in this new environment. Didn’t mean anything to Maryland several years ago.

The worst thing that could happen would be for UNC, Duke, and Louisville to bolt for the B1G. Sure they’re football lightweights, but they bring in the lions share in basketball. ACC revenue would take a potentially unrecoverable beating.

The grant of rights came after Maryland left. Swofford didn’t want to see that tune played again and got what he wanted. A bunch of boats tied together for better or worse until 2036. Ride out the storm together or sink as a flotilla. This is going to get interesting, but don’t plan on Clemson leaving for any other conference.

flag link

Jul 23, 2021, 8:29 PM

Maryland sued over the exit fee and settled at $31 million. Yes, the grant of media rights came months after they left but you have to believe this would be contested.

flag link

Jul 23, 2021, 8:38 PM

Sure it's not the lowest in revenue?

flag link

Jul 23, 2021, 8:47 PM

BIG 12 is the lowest or will be after this move for sure. SEC will way more than double their revenue compared to the ACC after this move

flag link

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: Georgia Tech - Two tickets in Section N, Row L, seats 9,11. 35-yard line. $120

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1603 people have read this post