GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!


YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Pick the best 3rd down converson team:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 126  

Pick the best 3rd down converson team:

emoji_events [9]
Oct 13, 2014, 7:56 AM

A) Mississippi State
B) Penn State
C) Georgia
D) Oklahoma State
E) Michigan
F) BYU
G) Boston College
H) Stanford
I) Louisvile
J) Oklahoma
K) Duke
L) LSU
M) Texas
N) Miami

or,

Clemson?

Yep, move Clemson to the top of that list.


Notes:
i) You can fail or fumble from under center JUST AS EASILY as you can from the shorgun.
ii) Neither formation gives you better push on the LOS
iii) You can get to the LOS virtually just as fast from either formation.
iv) Just for example, we scored 3 times from less than 2 yards against FSU, one of the most talented defenses in the country, albeit one of the times the refs missed it.

This offensive has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt it's one of the best offensive staffs in the United States. We've been a top 10 offensive team and a top 10 program, winning more games than all except 7 teams since 2011. I'm pretty sure we know what we're doing.

Does that mean we call precisely the right play in every situation? NO. But then again, does anyone or has anyone ever? Again the answer is NO.

It's all fun to discuss things and stuff, but let's not lose the sight of the fact that nobody on this website or radio knows our personnel how to run an offense better than the guys we have at the helm. Please stop with the hindsight playcalling, "we should have blah, blah, blah..".

flag link

Where are the numbers to back this up?

[1]
Oct 13, 2014, 8:24 AM

And why were these particular teams chosen? Not disagreeing, but one can dictate almost any outcome they want by selectively choosing their data. How does our short yardage offense rank in the one hundred and however many FBS teams there are now?

GO TIGERS!!!!!

flag link

The numbers are widely available via numerous stats websites

[2]
Oct 13, 2014, 2:04 PM

and I chose those teams because you would think of them as having a better 3rd down conversion rate. Most of them are teams which are traditionally more "power" teams and end up in more short yardage situations.

There is no skewing or dictating of the data. It is exactly what it is. Even with our still-developing, and injured OL we are better on 3rd downs than those teams.

Point is, whether it's under center, shotgun, wildcat, or razzle-dazzle, you should do what you do best. In the last two years, we have done that to the tune of two top 10 offenses and two top 10 program rankings, and we're 8th in wins since 2011. You don't do that by not knowing what you're doing on offense.

We can and do get bunches of first downs and TDs from our typical offense. There was nothing to say we needed to change it going into Louisville, and that includes FSU. We scored two TDs from 2 yards or less from the shotgun, and a 3rd missed prior to the bad snap. We missed a 4th down in that game, but THAT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE, especially when you're playing teams with some of the best talent in the country and your OL is getting blown up during sure run plays.

In HINDSIGHT of the UL game, yeah, we need to find something more effective as we travel to BC. But too, whether it's under center, wildcat, new plays from the shotgun, or simply better blocking, there is no set way or better way to do it. Bottom line is, us as fans have no clue. To suggest as if it's a no-doubter, "we need to be under center", that's silly. Every Saturday and every Sunday since the game was invented, some teams miss 3rd and 4th and shorts or fumble snaps under center etc.

That's all I'm sayin.

flag link

Re: The numbers are widely available via numerous stats websites


Oct 15, 2014, 6:02 AM

Through 6 games our defense has given up 15.8 Net Points per game and they have scored in 4 of the six games. Our offense has scored 31 Net Points per game.

In our last 5 losses, the offense only averaged 17.2 points.

Offensive points in last 5 losses:
2012 SC-17
2013 FS-14, SC-17
2014 GA-21, FS-17

I am not being overly critical of the offense but I find the lack of points (17.2) in those 5 losses to be surprisingly low considering our talent and the type of offense we run.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Yeah, funny how tough defenses make it harder to score...


Oct 15, 2014, 12:17 PM

2012:
SC-17. #13 scoring defense @ 18.2 pts/game. We had two huge turnovers.

2013:
FS-14. #1 scoring defense @ 12.1 pts/game.
SC-17. #12 scoring defense @ 20.3 pts/game. We had 6 turnovers

2014:
GA-21. #13 scoring defense @ 18.0 pts/game. We dropped passes and struggled with our now 2nd string QB and a true freshman seeing his first college action
FS-17. Allowing 20.7 pts/game. We missed several kicks and the refs missed a TD call.

Clemson, Overall Scoring Offense:
2011: #23
2012: #6
2013: #8

flag link

53rd in the country and he makes it look like we are #1...

[1]
Oct 13, 2014, 8:30 PM

This is the boldest cherry picking I have ever seen.

flag link

Not cherry picking at all...

[1]
Oct 14, 2014, 9:44 PM

Straight facts. Point is, I bet you would have guessed us behind every one of those teams..and I already touched on the issues we're having this year and the need to figure something out.

flag link

Dallas Cowboys***


Oct 13, 2014, 8:27 AM



flag link

They have a great oline, we don't***


Oct 13, 2014, 11:47 PM



badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Stop with the hindsight playcalling?

[2]
Oct 13, 2014, 2:43 PM

This is a football message bored. There is always going to be some "hindsight playcalling" posted here.

Sorry to disappoint.

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers


Re: Pick the best 3rd down converson team:

emoji_events [7]
Oct 13, 2014, 2:44 PM

3rd down hail.

This is the issue (provided to me by someone not to be named here because he's banned and not a good poster):



flag link

^^^Nailed it.***

[2]
Oct 13, 2014, 2:45 PM



flag link

^^^ RAG Apprentice***


Oct 13, 2014, 6:57 PM



flag link

oh boy***

[1]
Oct 13, 2014, 2:49 PM



flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


OP ain't gonna like this

[2]
Oct 13, 2014, 4:17 PM

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link


I might not like it...

[3]
Oct 13, 2014, 6:18 PM

..if I knew what the "hail" he was talking about..the bitter ol bastage that he is. :)

flag link

Re: I might not like it...

[1]
Oct 13, 2014, 6:41 PM

"Hail" is a) a way to circumvent the language filters and b) in this case, a euphemism for "erroneous."

HTH the youngsters who is dumb.

flag link

Well thanks for helping those who "is dumb", but I got that

[1]
Oct 13, 2014, 6:55 PM

part and still didn't get your nonsensical, nothing-to-do-with-anything post. Glad it gave you a sense of self-worth though. I wouldn't want to take your daily need away from you.

But really, what's up with the angst fella? Are you bitter? You seem bitter.

flag link

Re: Well thanks for helping those who "is dumb", but I got that

[2]
Oct 13, 2014, 8:16 PM

I pretty much hate the world and everyone in it. Does that answer your question?

flag link

Re: Well thanks for helping those who "is dumb", but I got that

[2]
Oct 13, 2014, 8:39 PM

Elle oh Elle

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


Yeah, like I said, you got some issues and seem to think


Oct 14, 2014, 9:36 PM

exposing them on a sports message board makes you somehow a better man for it. That's pretty sad if you step back and look at it, but whatever helps you through it I guess..

By the way, I've already commented on redzone offense, a lack of cohesion and health on the offensive line, and a need to come up with something better this year.

However, red zone offense and short yardage offense are not the same thing. Cole has been bad in the redzone and Watson scores on a lot of chunk plays.

That, and you seemed to forget the fact we've been a top 10 offense and a top 10 program for two years running. You don't do that without an OC who knows what he's doing.

So really, what is it you think you were showing?

flag link

^^telling someone else they have issues.

[2]
Oct 15, 2014, 12:31 PM

That's rich.

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers


Bob, it's all fun and games to live a cyber-life here, but


Oct 15, 2014, 12:33 PM

really, what are you talking about? What issues, Bob? Please cite something..anything.

flag link

This sums it up pretty well

[3]
Oct 15, 2014, 12:36 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15996094

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers


d@mn.. had that link already copied and was about

[3]
Oct 15, 2014, 12:37 PM

to paste it

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


Getting slow in your old age huh?***

[1]
Oct 15, 2014, 12:40 PM



2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers


Re: Getting slow in your old age huh?***

[2]
Oct 15, 2014, 12:41 PM

He's a good troll, I'll give him that.

He'll go all Toogie on you if you're not careful.

flag link

you're givin me flashbacks to that

[2]
Oct 15, 2014, 12:43 PM

criminal minds episode

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


Re: you're givin me flashbacks to that

[1]
Oct 15, 2014, 12:44 PM

I got no kids or boss, so what's he gonna use as leverage?

flag link

gotta pet??

[2]
Oct 15, 2014, 12:45 PM

nevermind... gwp's expendable

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


still waiting


Oct 15, 2014, 12:37 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15984182

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


Re: Yeah, like I said, you got some issues and seem to think

[1]
Oct 15, 2014, 12:34 PM

Read the first line of my post "This is the issue." No one is upset with 3rd down. Everyone is upset with redzone struggles.

Do you know what a straw man is?

Also, what bob said. You're considered certifiably crazy by essentially everyone who has ever interacted with you on this board, so there's no need for us to rehash all that for everyone to see.

flag link

how many points do you get for a 3rd down conversion?

[3]
Oct 13, 2014, 2:48 PM

maybe we actually won juan of our last two ganes?

flag link

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.


There's lies, d@mn lies, and then statistics.***

[3]
Oct 13, 2014, 2:49 PM



flag link

And then there's stats that mean a lot.


Oct 14, 2014, 9:48 PM

8th in wins since CM.

Two top 10 offenses.

Two top 10 finishes.

This year we're struggling a little with one QB and a less than cohesive OL and injuries. That's a spec in the grand scheme.

I mean really, are some of you guys seriously suggesting we've have an offensive staff that doesn't know what they're doing or isn't working to fix our anomaly issues of 2014?

flag link

What about 3rd and short stats?


Oct 13, 2014, 2:49 PM

Watson has made our 3rd down numbers look great due to his passing/scrambling ability.

I don't necessarily think it's bad playcalling as much as it is our OL just can't get a push, but I have a feeling if you were able to break it down further, we'd be very good at 3rd and medium tolong, but mediocre in 3rd and short situations.

flag link

"I don't necessarily think it's bad playcalling..."


Oct 13, 2014, 6:26 PM

Agreed. When the DL is getting in your backfield, they're getting in your backfield. Period.

I don't know what the numbers show for 3rd and X to go, but again the bigger picture shows we've been one of the top offenses and top programs in country because of that offense. I imagine we've made our share of short yardage plays in order to achieve all that.

And too, like I agree, this year has seen short yardage pop up more and something needs to change. The OL is still seeking a couple players back and cohesion, and we got destroyed at the point of attack on one memorable play where they knew a running play was coming against FSU and a few against Louisville.

Point to note again is, "under center" isn't necessarily the answer. Those plays fail, and fumble and get blown up too. The answer is do what you do best or adjust to something else. The, "we gotta be under center like Danny did it" crowd need to be a little more flexible in their thinking and also step back and look at the bigger picture.

flag link

Re: Pick the best 3rd down converson team:

[2]
Oct 13, 2014, 3:01 PM

i) You can fail or fumble from under center JUST AS EASILY as you can from the shorgun.
ii) Neither formation gives you better push on the LOS
iii) You can get to the LOS virtually just as fast from either formation.


we could just try it a couple times despite these indisputable facts.

but i'm just spitballin' here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


I feel that based on your logic Dabo/Chad conversations

[4]
Oct 13, 2014, 4:14 PM

would go something like this:



badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


Dabo/Chad conversation...


Oct 13, 2014, 6:28 PM

Dabo: "Dude, I know we've been one of the most potent offense in the world and we've made a gazillion short yardage first downs and touchdowns including FSU, but dang dude, we got blown up last Saturday. We need to come up with something new".

Chad: "Ok boss".

I believe that's actually what I said, but I enjoyed the cool little image you made.

flag link

where is the link to said gazillion short yardage and TD's


Oct 13, 2014, 8:33 PM

vs FSU?

I'll even let you go back 2 years and look

you can even add UCS and pretty big games vs UGA an UofL this year....

pretty big sample size there.... just let us know

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


So...basically what you are saying is...


Oct 13, 2014, 4:19 PM

i) You can fail or fumble from under center JUST AS EASILY as you can from the shorgun.
ii) Neither formation gives you better push on the LOS
iii) You can get to the LOS virtually just as fast from either formation.


It ain't gonna hurt to try something different like going under center?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link


Re: So...basically what you are saying is...


Oct 13, 2014, 4:31 PM

What is our rank in the "scoring from outside the RED ZONE " ?
I bet its pretty good , huh ?

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

DB23


since our defense is almost outscoring our offense in the


Oct 13, 2014, 4:36 PM

rz.... it better be

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


Pretty sure the same playcaller and staff were #1 one in


Oct 13, 2014, 6:36 PM

red zone a couple years back, plus we've scored about 10 million points and won more games than about a 120 other schools since 2011. That's a good indicator over a much larger sample size than Saturday.

This year we're a top 25 scoring team but a sucky RZ team. AGREED. Two things there - our buddy Cole hasn't scored a ton of TDs when he's running the unit, and two, Watson has tended towards more big plays.

Ultimately, if I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, YES, we need to find a way to not get blown up like we did Saturday. But it's not like "under center" is the answer either. We will see...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15980673

Rest assured, we WILL have something new. So no, I'm not saying now nor have I have ever said we shouldn't do anything.

flag link

Nope. Not at all.


Oct 13, 2014, 6:37 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15980673

flag link

Which is it....YES or NO...


Oct 13, 2014, 6:50 PM

It IS gonna hurt to try something different like going under center?

Politician or lawyer? ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link


Umm, what?


Oct 13, 2014, 6:56 PM

I think saying *we need to do something different* is fairly straight-forward and definitive, no?

flag link

Re: So...basically what you are saying is...


Oct 15, 2014, 2:34 PM

> i) You can fail or fumble from under center JUST
> AS EASILY as you can from the shorgun.
> ii) Neither formation gives you better push on the
> LOS
> iii) You can get to the LOS virtually just as fast
> from either formation.

>
> It ain't gonna hurt to try something different like
> going under center?

 photo undercenter_zps8127c86a.jpg

flag link

Ranks us 1st and goal from the one


Oct 13, 2014, 6:42 PM

What is that one showing?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

How many of those have we had?


Oct 13, 2014, 6:51 PM

I know we scored 3x from inside the 2 at FSU, from the shotgun (although the 3rd was missed by the refs) before the bad snap, and then we missed against Louisville. Am I missing any? Regardless, I hope you saw the half dozen times I said something needs to change going forward especially with Cole. Did you read all the stuff or just post the first thing that came to mind?

flag link

Re: How many of those have we had?


Oct 13, 2014, 6:57 PM

I did not read the whole thread because the original statement was rather flawed. We did not score 3 times, the one you said was a miss, was actually a fumble snap on the next play. Regardless of your beliefs, that is what happened. Otherwise we would not have two losses. So, unless you can get the official score changed, your point is moot!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Incorrect sir...


Oct 13, 2014, 7:01 PM

CJ Davidson most definitely scored our third TD of the game from inside the 2, prior to the bad snap, but then again, that wouldn't make anything flawed or moot even if it was incorrect. Nothing I posted has anything to do with "beliefs".

Please, if you feel the need to aimlessly argue, then at least read through all the points first. Thanks man!

flag link

Re: Incorrect sir...


Oct 13, 2014, 11:45 PM

Was it on the scoreboard?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

I believe I already said...


Oct 14, 2014, 9:38 PM

The refs missed. So I ask you, did he or did not cross the goal line and did we or did we not score twice from 2 yards in, from the shotgun, against one of the most talented defenses in the country?

flag link

No, he did not ####### score

[1]
Oct 15, 2014, 2:10 AM

if he did, we would have won. You are a ####### moron.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Wow. Angry much.


Oct 15, 2014, 12:24 PM

When you cross the plane of the goal line, did you score?

If you go 85mph in a 55, but nobody catches you, did you speed?

If a bear ##### in the woods...

We crossed the goal line. Whether or not it was called a TD is irrelevant to the discussion. Fact is, we did cross the goal line from less than a yard, from the shotgun.

In addition to being comically angry, are you a little slow?

flag link

Not sure how your pulse is even in the 80's


Oct 15, 2014, 2:12 AM

but I am doing everything I can to make sure it is not there long.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Well if being a juvenile and clicking the little ghey thumbs


Oct 15, 2014, 12:26 PM

down thingy helps you with your misplaced and inaccurately applied anger issues, then I'm all for it. Click away, junior...you're still wrong.

flag link

Re: Well if being a juvenile and clicking the little ghey thumbs

[1]
Oct 15, 2014, 12:39 PM

It gives me satisfaction. That way everyone knows you are an idiot just by glancing at your pulse. Kinda the reason it is there, to separate good posters from the idiots. The majority in this thread think you are an idiot, so in the future all people have to do is look at your pulse and know that what you are about to type is probably garbage.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

I'm sorry LKN, but even if I had a 10% pulse


Oct 15, 2014, 11:27 PM

..that wouldn't make you right. Because you're wrong, and simply put you either lack the IQ or the character to admit it.

The fact that there were no points awarded doesn't mean he didn't cross the plane of the goaline, because he did. Point is, it was not the first, not the second, but it was the third shotgun crossing of the goaline from 2 yards in.

There's nothing garbage about that. Nothing at all. Either you lack the character to admit it, or maybe you're just not smart enough to get it. Or maybe that misplaced anger is clouding your thought processes. But either way, you're wrong. Completely wrong. Throwing baseless, imagined insults around in an attempt to make you feel like a man and deflect the fact you're wrong..it isn't working. U

flag link

I tell you what is working, downvoting you to oblivion

[3]
Oct 16, 2014, 1:09 AM

It is people like you that want to blame everything on someone else (whaaaaaaa, the refs did not call it or we would have won, whaaaaa, I am a baby and cry and blame other people and make shhhh up because I cannot deal with life because I am a baby, whaaaaa) and not take accountability. The fact is, he could have been so far in that he hit his head on the goal post, but as long as the refs did not call it, then it does not matter. I do not think he was in, no replay clearly showed that he was in, and you are making assumptions "hoping" that he was. Show me where he was in and I will go on my way. I may even stop down voting every post you post on here. Screen shot it, show a pic, or whatever. Give me something besides your imagination. Prove that he was in.

Here is a little tutorial since you are not that bright.


This is a TD





This is not a TD




By watching the referee do this, you can tell there is a TD if you can not see the play clearly




If you see this, it is the next down




....aaaaand, free advice on me since you do not know







badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Wow. Do you do drugs?


Oct 16, 2014, 10:11 AM

If you do, you should do less. If you don't, you should.

I don't blame others for anything. I never blamed the refs for us losing that game. I have no trouble taking accountability for anything. There's no need to take accountability for anything in this thread.

All of that stuff is nothing more than bizarre figments of imagination born deep in the recesses of a mind incapable of understanding the simplest matters. Seems like you should try harder to heed your own words.

Here are the facts of the matter.

You said we can't score from short yardage in the shotgun. I accurately pointed out that we did score 2x against FSU from 2 yards in while in the shotgun. I clearly said we would have had another TD (6 pts) had the refs called it correctly.

Let me ask you this, when you cross the plane of the goaline from any given formation (and you didn't commit a penalty to do so), does that prove your capable of scoring a touchdown from that formation. HINT: Yes.

When you cross the plane goaline, without a penalty, then you have completed the task in question. Whether or not the refs saw it correctly and award you the 6 points, it doesn't change the fact you did it and thereby showed you are capable. Then when you consider we already did it twice in the same game, it really destroys your 'we can't score from the shotgun" nonsense.

By the way, can you explain to me how this isn't crossing the plane of the goaline?

http://makeagif.com/i/AvbW73

CJ Score on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif


flag link

So from that angle, you know for certain that the ball had

[2]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:17 AM

broken the plane of the goal line before his butt hit the ground?

Remember, it has to be indisputable video evidence to overturn a call.

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers


Yes. HTH.***

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:24 AM



flag link

welp,

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:25 AM

that's indisputable fer shore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


You're a tad bit lost here, but welcome to the fray.


Oct 16, 2014, 10:29 AM

If we completely exclude that debatable play, did we or did we not score twice in that game from the shotgun, from inside the 2? Point is, LKN said we aren't capable when clearly we are.

flag link

b/c the refs didn't signal?***

[2]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:21 AM



flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


Oooh, sorry yorkie. Whether or not the ref signaled


Oct 16, 2014, 10:27 AM

has nothing to with whether or not the ball actually crossed the plane. By the way, that was score #3 from the shotgun, from inside the 2. That's the more important point here. If you want to take away the crossing of the goaline on that particular play then that's fine, but the thing is the LKN dude siad we were incapable of doing it. He clearly forgot we did it twice prior to that third time.

"I made a bet and I will honor it"
- yorkweasel, circa summer 2013.

flag link

True, but I'd say the ball actually crossing the plane


Oct 16, 2014, 10:30 AM

is relevant to whether or not the ball crossed the plane. And it didn't. Not when his butt hit. And maybe not even when he's flat on his back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


Ok fine. It's not 100% irrefutable, however, LKN said


Oct 16, 2014, 10:32 AM

we aren't capable of doing it at all. He was wrong regardless of the debateable call.

flag link

Where did I ever say we were incapable???


Oct 16, 2014, 12:08 PM

You are really stupid, seriously, I think most people on here that post stupid things are just drinking kool-aid, but you son, I think you are substantially on the left side of the 100 mark on your IQ. Go back and read all my comments and please point out where I said we were incapable. Seriously inefficient going back as far as WVU Orange Bowl? Yes! Incapable? No!

You just make shhh up until it sounds good to you. Stop doing that because you are looking pretty dang stupid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

if you're gonna put my name in your profile... get it right


Oct 16, 2014, 10:32 AM

it wasn't 2013

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


Maybe in his fantasy land... it was***

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:34 AM



2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers


It was somewhere between 2012 and 2013...


Oct 16, 2014, 10:39 AM

But it sure as heck wasn't a fantasy land. It was most definitely real.

Speaking of you using words like "fantasy land" when trying to mock others, you ever hear of Sigmund Freud?

flag link

you can't count...

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:40 AM

no later than 2010

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


Yorkie, yorkie, yorkie...


Oct 16, 2014, 10:44 AM

Would like to bet your self-esteem boosting tigernet life that it was later than 2010?

More importantly, when you lose will you actually honor your own words this time? Being a weaselly antagonistic jacka$$ with no integrity is no way to go through life.

flag link

What year was it then when you made an a$$ of yourself


Oct 16, 2014, 10:37 AM

after challenging dozens of people, whining to the mods about people challenging you, namecalling and antagonizing while whining about people making fun of you, pimping your alleged "inside sources" while actually knowing nothing, and ultimately reneging on your own word and showing a lack of character and integrity?

What year was that? Was it 2012? I'll be glad to change it.

"I made a bet to leave tigernet and I'll honor it"
- yorkweasel, circa 2012.


Better?

flag link

pretty sure it was 2011... maybe 10


Oct 16, 2014, 10:40 AM

glad to know you're concerned tho

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


Thanks man!


Oct 16, 2014, 10:41 AM

So you don't know what year it was? Your help is much appreciated.

"I made a bet to leave tigernet and I'll honor it"
- yorkweasel, circa.. just ask him.

flag link

Maybe the same year that you got

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:41 AM

banned multiple times under a plethora of different user names?

Just spitballing here of course.

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers


Banned for what?


Oct 16, 2014, 10:45 AM

See if you can step out of your "fanstasy land". Try to prove it a little bit if you can.

flag link

Here were a couple of your former identities...

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:47 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15694003

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers


he accused me of having 12...

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:49 AM

yet can't name one

impressive

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


12 was a guesstimate...


Oct 16, 2014, 10:54 AM

Because only you know many handles you actually use to vote your own way into a sense of self worth.

"I made a bet to leave tigernet, and I'll honor it"
- yorkPOS, circa, he pretends he knows when but won't bet on it.

flag link

Why do you call him yorkPOS? That sounds like a

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 11:28 AM

personal attack, is that a personal attack?

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac


I'm sorry Blob, but can you take a few moments to clarify


Oct 16, 2014, 10:51 AM

what all those arrows are actually showing, and just as importantly how they show you don't live in a fantasy land? Thanks man. Just try..10 minutes of your life. You can do it!

flag link

if i win the toss and defer...

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:53 AM

what happens?

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


You pretty much nailed it here


Oct 16, 2014, 10:59 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16003254#16003254

"Because only you know many handles you actually use to vote your own way into a sense of self worth."

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers


FAIL


Oct 16, 2014, 2:29 PM

But then again, that's the story of your life. Hence you have to invent one here. It's truly comical.

flag link

Re: FAIL


Oct 20, 2014, 3:13 PM

Come again?

flag link

oh, it's crossing.

[2]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:22 AM

after he's down, that is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


Really?***


Oct 16, 2014, 10:28 AM



flag link

It looks like his butt hit the ground at least a

[3]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:22 AM

foot behind the goal line. So it's your contention that when his butt hits the ground and he's sitting almost straight up, before falling backwards, that the ball is over the goal line?

To me it looks pretty clear that he's not in. In fact, even after he falls backwards against the ground, which is AFTER the play is dead, it looks like he may not even have the ball across.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac


Wow. Do you do drugs?***

[3]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:25 AM



2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers


Re: Wow. Do you do drugs?***

[2]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:26 AM

You need serious help, Bob. From Clemson man to Clemson man, I have genuine concerns about your mental state. Please get help, Bob.

flag link

Every day***

[3]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:26 AM



2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac


That's cool and all...


Oct 16, 2014, 10:31 AM

Did we score twice in that same game, from inside the two, from the shotgun. The debate is NOT whether or not he actually scored on that one particular play. The debate is whether or not we've shown we can do it.

flag link

No I think your (sic) also trying to debate whether he

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:32 AM

scored on that particular play.

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers


C&P from your post...

[3]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:49 AM

"By the way, can you explain to me how this isn't crossing the plane of the goaline?"

That's what I did...try to keep up.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac


Re: Wow. Do you do drugs?

[2]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:22 AM

is that "you are", or "your"....

tia

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


"Do you're drugs", or "do your drugs"?


Oct 16, 2014, 10:47 AM

Hmmm, I'm gonna say B?

"I made a bet to leave tigernet and I'll honor it".
- york0integrity, circa, sometime before 2010, or maybe after.

flag link

Re: "Do you're drugs", or "do your drugs"?

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:56 AM

Tigernet is serious business york. How can you renege on your word like this? Have u know ahner?

flag link

if this is one of the best offensive staffs in the country..

[1]
Oct 13, 2014, 8:12 PM

(not necessarily saying you're wrong or rite)

how do you explain 10 rz trips against UofL and FSwho and 23 points to show for it...

or

15 total yds and one first down in 2h against UGA?

and don't give me stats from NCST and UNC either

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


Re: if this is one of the best offensive staffs in the country..

[1]
Oct 13, 2014, 8:17 PM

Even if we had 828 yards it wouldn't matter if we can't skore in the redzone

flag link

Ed Zachary..... 3rd down means nothing when you are as bad

[1]
Oct 13, 2014, 8:19 PM

in the red zone as we are

and make no mistake... we are p!ss poor this year....

TB ain't coming back through the door

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


this coming from the person who claims Cole Stoudt has...


Oct 13, 2014, 11:50 PM

played great.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

link please***


Oct 14, 2014, 8:03 AM



flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


So you once said Dana Holgerson and Mike Leach were two of

[1]
Oct 14, 2014, 9:43 PM

the best OCs in the universe, yet what are they doing? Or was that meant to be funny?

Top 10 program, top 10 offense, and brought us out of obscurity and into national notoriety in a few short years.

This year we are off with a less than stellar QB and a patchwork OL. Already touched on that several times. And then again, that's small picture thinking.

Forest..trees.

Or were just arguing for the sake of arguing? I mean, you would agree we have one of the best offensive staffs in the country, right? Let's be real.

flag link

We may have been before Deshaun went down,but not now.***


Oct 13, 2014, 8:21 PM



flag link

It starts with oline blocking no matter what the formation..


Oct 13, 2014, 11:47 PM

or play call is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

I don't have a beef with being in shot gun, just stop runnin


Oct 15, 2014, 3:05 AM

the same play, fake to rb in jet sweep motion then run the qb on a power behind a pulling guard.

Noone honors the sweep motion b/c they know we haven't given it to him in 3 years. Had we done that on 4th and 1 inch Sat, he might have scored. Louisville knew what was coming.

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

Agreed.


Oct 15, 2014, 12:20 PM

Doubt you'll see Cole run that play again. Deshaun, maybe, but not Cole.

flag link

What year is this list from

[1]
Oct 15, 2014, 12:27 PM

and what numbers back this up? This is hearsay, and we don't even know what year you refer to. As Mark Twain said about statistics....

And for the umpteenth time, what we did in the past has nothing to do with this year. This is a fallacy, to say that "because we did it in the past, then who is to question the present?"

flag link

"What year".. This year... "what numbers"...the 3rd down


Oct 15, 2014, 12:30 PM

conversion percentage numbers. As-is.

Might want to rewind and try that one again.

flag link

We're 48th nationally in 3rd down Conversions O.

[1]
Oct 15, 2014, 12:39 PM

110th in redzone offense.

100th in TFL allowed.

You cherry pick teams to try to prove a point when in reality we are middle of the road when it comes to 3rd down conversions....I don't care about other teams I care about CLEMSON.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


are you allowed to do that?

[2]
Oct 15, 2014, 12:41 PM

i mean it is "shane morgan" after all

flag link

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."


My word...


Oct 15, 2014, 11:33 PM

Such a child. Do you have no shame? Then again, reneging on your own word after weeks of insisting you were right and challenging, chastising, and whining about everyone who said you had no clue, yeah, that speaks loud and clear to that question.

No shame. No character. No integrity. I mean, that's not what a Clemson man is supposed to be about. You're pitiful. I'm beginning to think you never even went to college let alone Clemson. I'm right, huh?

flag link

Correct. And better than..


Oct 15, 2014, 11:29 PM

A) Mississippi State
B) Penn State
C) Georgia
D) Oklahoma State
E) Michigan
F) BYU
G) Boston College
H) Stanford
I) Louisvile
J) Oklahoma
K) Duke
L) LSU
M) Texas
N) Miami

This isn't rocket science.

flag link

Re: Correct. And better than..

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 9:14 AM

So you agree that you cherry picked teams to TRY to prove a point?

It's a worthless comparison. Who cares about those other teams??

The FACT of the matter is that nationally we are middle of the road when it comes to 3rd down Conversions.

Even worse, we are at the bottom in red zone efficiency.

I don't know why I'm even arguing with you. You proved how dumb/clueless you are by stating that teams choose to play defense first.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Well if you think picking teams below us that folks would


Oct 16, 2014, 10:23 AM

have said were above us is cherry picking, then you have fun with that. However, the fact remains, we're better at 3rd downs then they are. That's all I ever said about that.

Oh, and by the way, sometimes teams DO elect to play defense first. It's funny you called me "dumb/clueless" when in fact you missed by a mile.


"A more defensive-minded coach typically will defer,” Billick said.

"It’s always important to get a fast start. We won the coin toss, deferred and elected to play defense first. That didn’t work out as good, but we held them to a field goal. We like our defense out there, and we like to have a good stop."

"Easthampton elected to play defense first."

"BYU won the toss and elected to play defense first"

"it’s advantageous to win the toss, play defense first.."

"On the two road games this year, had we won the toss at Florida or Penn State, we would have played defense first," Saban said

"We chose to defer (the kickoff); wanted our defense to play first."

"Ravens Coach John Harbaugh, whose team plays the Chiefs on Sunday ... deferring the opening coin toss to put his defense on the field first."

"we might see a coach defer and play defense first"

" Marshall has won the toss in all four games and Holliday has elected to defer all four times. That means he prefers to put his stingy defense on the field first.."


flag link

Deferring is not choosing Defense...HTH***

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:28 AM

Can't wait to see his response to this.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


I know right. That Nick Saban dude is a dumb ###.


Oct 16, 2014, 10:48 AM

"A more defensive-minded coach typically will defer,” Billick said.

"It’s always important to get a fast start. We won the coin toss, deferred and elected to play defense first. That didn’t work out as good, but we held them to a field goal. We like our defense out there, and we like to have a good stop."

"Easthampton elected to play defense first."

"BYU won the toss and elected to play defense first"

"it’s advantageous to win the toss, play defense first.."

"On the two road games this year, had we won the toss at Florida or Penn State, we would have played defense first," Saban said

"We chose to defer (the kickoff); wanted our defense to play first."

"Ravens Coach John Harbaugh, whose team plays the Chiefs on Sunday ... deferring the opening coin toss to put his defense on the field first."

"we might see a coach defer and play defense first"

" Marshall has won the toss in all four games and Holliday has elected to defer all four times. That means he prefers to put his stingy defense on the field first.."

flag link

One quick question dr. shane ########.....

[4]
Oct 16, 2014, 10:50 AM

When you defer what happens?

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Pick the best 3rd down converson team:


Oct 16, 2014, 10:29 AM

For 2014...I like others would love to see the numbers to back it up?!!

flag link

Can we gain any insight from these 3 cherry-picked plays?

[1]
Oct 16, 2014, 12:03 PM

Unless you think someone is arguing we should not go shotgun on 3rd down at all ever, I don't see the point of this thread. So we're good or average on 3rd down. Doesn't mean we're "a shotgun team" so we always have to no matter what.

These 3 plays from the Louisville game may help shed light on how it could be useful to go under center on very short yardage plays from time to time:

3rd Qtr 6:53, 4th & 1 inch, CLEMSON 41
Cole Stoudt rushed up the middle for 1 yard loss

4th Qtr 2:00, 2nd & Goal, LOUISVILLE 1
Adam Choice rushed up the middle for 4 yard loss

4th Qtr 0:21, 1st and 10, CLEMSON 1
Cole Stoudt rushed up the middle for 1 yd gain

1) Do you think Cole could have gained 1 inch on a sneak on the 4th down play?
2) Do you think we would have been facing 3rd and 5 if we'd have gone under center on the 2nd down goal-line play?
3) if so, see play 3.

We would have gained the 1st down with a sneak. We would have scored or tried again on 3rd down under center at the goal line.

flag link

Re: Pick the best 3rd down converson team:

[1]
Oct 20, 2014, 3:13 PM

I don't get it. Please clarify.

flag link

Replies: 126  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: FOR SALE :: Four Season Tickets in Section UT in the North Stands Also have a Parking Pass on Shot...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
5953 people have read this post