Sunday Clemson Football Notes
Yusef Kelly is ninth in scoring in the nation at 12 points per game.
* Clemson starting offensive tackle Derrick Brantley has a torn
ACL and a torn MCL, an injury he suffered in the third period against
Louisiana Tech. He will probably be out for the remainder of the
season. He could elect to rehab the knee without surgery. That will
be his decision, but he will be out at least a month, even if he
decides to rehab and play some at the end of the season.
* William Henry will start in place of Derrick Brantley
against Georgia Tech, his first career start. Henry played 37 snaps
against Louisiana Tech and had a coach's film technique grade of 81
perecent, best among Clemson linemen in the game.
* Chad Jasmin has a pulled groin and is questionable for this
week. Bernard Rambert is still questionable with tendintis in a
* Tackle leaders off the film were John Leake (13), Rodney
Thomas (12), Brian Mance (7) and Nick Eason (7).
* As far as NCAA rankings are concerned this week, Clemson is
now 13th in the nation in turnover margin with a +2.5 per game
figure. Clemson is also 23rd in the nation in total defense.
Individually, Kevin Youngblood is ninth in the nation in receptions
per game with an 8.0 figure, while Yusef Kelly is ninth in scoring
with 12 points per game. Aaron Hunt is ninth in the nation in field
goals per game at 2.0.