Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Notre Dame coordinator says Trevor Lawrence reminds him of Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Notre Dame coordinator says Trevor Lawrence reminds him of Deshaun Watson

Dec 26, 2018, 7:03 PM

Notre Dame coordinator says Trevor Lawrence reminds him of Deshaun Watson

Notre Dame defensive coordinator Clark Lea has watched enough film of Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence to see a similarity to another quarterback Lea has faced during his collegiate coaching career. Deshaun Watson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's ahead of Watson. It's not really...

Dec 26, 2018, 8:34 PM

It's not really close. Dabo learned from the Watson/Stoudt transition mess, but the fact that Lawrence is an irrepressible talent made it even easier to move away from Bryant. I think the RPO fumibitis that occurred during the season could be a liability in the playoffs. I predict they'll steer away from those plays. We don't even need them.

Re: He's ahead of Watson. It's not really...

Dec 26, 2018, 8:53 PM

No resemblance between the two. Deshaun was a great runner with a strong arm. TL is a decent runner, but has an outstanding arm, possibly the best of all time. They are totally different types of QB's. ND DC is just kissing butt.

I wouldn't say they are TOTALLY different! Very similar

Dec 26, 2018, 9:56 PM

in their smarts for the game and keeping their cool under pressure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My comments weren't in response to the...

Dec 26, 2018, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: He's ahead of Watson. It's not really... ]

our lady university's coach's comments. They were regarding my opinion of Lawrence since before he enrolled at Clemson. I agree there's no mistaking one for the other. Lawrence is superior in every way on the field. Lawrence's only negative that I've seen so far is his purposeful disengagement from the fans anytime it's possible.

Re: My comments weren't in response to the...

Dec 27, 2018, 5:26 AM

jgh187 said:

Lawrence's only negative that I've seen so far is his purposeful disengagement from the fans anytime it's possible.

This has bothered me, too. He’s very aloof around fans, seeming to lift his chin and not see them at all. Wouldn’t kill him to make some eye contact and have a few genuine interactions with fans now and then.

He’s obviously been well prepared for star status in every way but this one.

Dec 27, 2018, 8:54 AM

You havent seen all the fan selfies and videos he has been in, high fiving fans on the field and chanting "saturdays are for the boys!" in a few others. He is more quiet and reserved, but not aloof.

You're right that I don't follow Old Row.***

Dec 28, 2018, 12:28 AM

Dec 27, 2018, 5:49 AM [ in reply to My comments weren't in response to the... ]

He does not seek the limelight. More introvert. Nothing wrong with that. You have a low pulse.

Yes, I know what an introvert is. Thank you, Freud...

Dec 28, 2018, 12:34 AM

Having been at multiple blowout road wins this year after the crowds have cleared, and when only Clemson people are awaiting the traveling party outside the locker rooms, Lawrence is the only person (player, or coach) that I've seen with multiple police guards actively shielding him from any contact whatsoever with those there to support the team. It's not becoming of a Clemson man.

I don't pay money for this regurgitated news site like you do.***

Dec 28, 2018, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Re: My comments weren't in response to the... ]

Enjoy your daily cajun filet biscuit and double order of Bo rounds.***

Dec 28, 2018, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Re: My comments weren't in response to the... ]

Please tell me you drive an unmarked white truck like all good contractors.***

Dec 28, 2018, 12:40 AM [ in reply to Re: My comments weren't in response to the... ]

Re: TNET: Notre Dame coordinator says Trevor Lawrence reminds him of Deshaun Watson

Dec 26, 2018, 10:39 PM

reminds me more of john elway

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Notre Dame coordinator says Trevor Lawrence reminds him of Deshaun Watson

Dec 26, 2018, 10:54 PM

Honestly don't know what the big difference is. Both DW4 and TL remind me of Elway. They can pass and throw. I think TL ahead of DW4 in not throwing picks. Maybe DW4 a slightly better runner. Both smart and cool under pressure.

Dec 27, 2018, 10:00 AM

TL has good wheels, too, and pretty good speed for a guy his size. He made some great runs toward the end of the set.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 8:53 AM

That tells me all I need to know about Notre Dame's offense. Because of these comments right here, I can say I am not worried about Notre Dame.

Deshaun and Trevor are two entirely different QB's, from the way they think, to their style of play, to their stature, everything.

Trevor is more of a balanced pro-style QB, whereas Deshaun was a true Dual Threat style QB. They share similarities, but they are totally different.

If this guy is watching film of Trevor, and thinks Trevor is a replica of Deshaun, then they will be poorly prepared for what we will bring to the table.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic