Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant: How Do You Replace a Legend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,496

Kelly Bryant: How Do You Replace a Legend?

Aug 18, 2017, 2:36 PM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20361082/history-shows-replacing-legends-deshaun-watson-nearly-impossible

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good read

Aug 18, 2017, 2:57 PM

The word "Trill" entered the college football vernacular the last week of August 2014, as Texas A&M welcomed its next big thing.

The whirlwind that was Johnny Manziel set an otherworldly precedent on and off the field. Manziel -- charismatic, controversial, talented -- made headlines daily and departed College Station, Texas, as the most famous QB in the country, a notoriety that reached well into the pop culture mainstream.

Into that void stepped Kenny Hill.

"I was just dumb, man," Hill said of his sprint into the spotlight in 2014, when he dubbed himself "Trill" -- slang for real or legitimate -- just a week into his career as Texas A&M's starter.

Hill's first start came in Texas A&M's opener against preseason top 10 South Carolina, a Thursday night affair that would be the Aggies' first game in the post-Manziel era. Hill was a revelation. He threw for a school-record 511 yards and three touchdowns. He helped A&M's offense to 52 points -- a number Manziel never managed against a ranked SEC foe. In an instant, the narrative shifted from "replacing Johnny Football" to "Johnny who?"

Welcome to the big time, Kenny Trill.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant: How Do You Replace a Legend?

Aug 18, 2017, 3:34 PM

With another ????????????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,496
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic