Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Record with Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,180

Record with Kelly Bryant

Aug 13, 2017, 1:33 PM

Will be 10-2. With Johnson it will be 11-1 or 8-4. Knowing this would you take the risk?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10-2 with loss to Auburn likely gets us back to playoffs

Aug 13, 2017, 1:51 PM

If we beat FSU. I don't see anyone in ACC Atlantic going undefeated. So 1 loss in division will still be OK imo. Then win the Title to go 11-2.

That will probably sneak us in.

No 2 loss team has made the CFP yet, have they?

Aug 13, 2017, 5:53 PM

Our chance would be slim, and contingent on other conference champs having two losses. Look at PennSt last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 10-2 with loss to Auburn likely gets us back to playoffs

Aug 13, 2017, 8:58 PM [ in reply to 10-2 with loss to Auburn likely gets us back to playoffs ]

The only team which would be considered playoff worthy with 2 losses would be Bama....because everybody knows Bama would get a pass for their losses because "they are just that good".......LOL.......Go Tigers!!!!!

Re: 10-2 with loss to Auburn likely gets us back to playoffs

Aug 13, 2017, 9:38 PM [ in reply to 10-2 with loss to Auburn likely gets us back to playoffs ]

A 10-2 ACC team won't get in..... a 10-2 seCheat team would

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Butt two answer yo kwestion

Aug 13, 2017, 1:55 PM

YES I WOULD

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Record with Kelly Bryant

Aug 13, 2017, 1:57 PM

9-3 to 10-2 with Bryant. I'm just not to confident in Bryant throwing ability. I think we have the talent to go to the playoffs again but I will not happen with Bryant at starting QB. Maybe with hunter Johnson or zerrick cooper but not with Bryant. We have to be able to connect on more then just screen passes.

Aug 13, 2017, 2:15 PM

> Will be 10-2. With Johnson it will be 11-1 or 8-4.
> Knowing this would you take the risk?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGH!!!!

WE DO NOT KNOW HOW GOOD KELLY BRYANT IS YET!!!

We do know he's an unquestionably superior athlete to Deshaun Watson. Watson ran a 4.7 or so, Bryant probably runs sub-4.5 and we've seen him house it from 60+ yards. Also, he's bigger. Dude looks like Cam Newton, physically. Deshaun wasn't quite that big.

From a pure development/roster depth perspective it would help Clemson if Clemson could start the junior and not have to throw the freshmen to the wolves. Yes, we have four good QB's, but if you start throwing them off the sacrificial altar looking for The One and you can wind up with two - or fewer - in a heckuva hurry.

Also, Bryant is a local guy, from Powdersville and Abbeville. From a recruiting perspective it helps your grassroots base recruiting if you don't just throw out the local guys but instead build around them. So I'll always root for a local kid to succeed.

No, early returns did not look promising as far as throwing ability with Bryant. Bryant looked lost as a true frosh. He looked better but not good enough as a sophomore last year in the Spring Game. His mechanics were still questionable.

That said, we don't know how Bryant's progressed to this year. This year's Spring Game was a wash because he jammed his finger the first snap and couldn't grasp the ball thereafter, so judging him off that performance was pointless...except from the perspective is, we know the guy continued to fight through it and made some plays with his feet even though everyone knew he couldn't throw at that point. His toughness is pretty obvious after that. So if he's continued to improve, he probably still isn't the thrower that Watson was, but he might have become an effective enough thrower...and when you combine that with his superior wheels, size, and athleticism we could still be talking an extremely effective QB. That's going to be the dividing line, with Bryant, as it is with almost any running QB....can he throw effectively enough to make a D pay if they creep up and stack the box on him?

I do think Cooper or Johnson probably are going to be the answer over the long term, but I'm still not ready to just throw Bryant out just yet, especially if he's the one with the best grasp of the offense at the moment.

We'll know after Week 2. If Bryant beats Auburn, who looks like a Top-10 squad this year, he's likely good enough to take us where we want to go.

Let's just see, you know? I do think the staff learned from 2014, and if he's not good enough, the hook will likely be swift and merciless...but are we there yet?

You make a compelling case***

Aug 13, 2017, 5:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2017, 2:15 PM

11-1 and 8-4 is a pretty big range not too bold of a prediction lol. I just haven't seen passing game develop for KB like I've wanted. He is so fast and quick if he could become a real legit passing threat I think this offense could be unstoppable bc with his speed gotta keep a spy on him and if his passing game develops then that spy will cause a lot of openings in the passing game but that's all big IFs. I really like KB and hope it clicks for him but if not I hope coaches don't make the CS and DW type thing again where DW was clearly better even tho they said CS had a great fall camp and had experience. All of our QB are athletic enough to move In the pocket to give them time and escape if needed. So I would like to see the best passer out there bc that's what is going to make us lethel with our RBs line and WRs. And if KB doesn't have what it takes to be QB then I hope he willing to make a posistion change bc he is too fast and athletic to leave on the bench. Even tho we are deep at WR I think he could make a Braxton Miller type move and have success, while also using him in wild cat bc that be great wild cat bc he can throw enough for Wild cat formation so defenses cant sell out on reverse or run bc he can throw in the wild cat unlike most other that are used in wild cat. JMO

Speaking entirely for myself...

Aug 13, 2017, 3:15 PM

I'm not willing to concede any game to any opponent at this point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Speaking entirely for myself...

Aug 13, 2017, 5:01 PM

What has Bryant shown,he struggles in the passing game. He's the answer if we want a run base offense if we want to even resemble anything close to last year then give Johnson and Cooper the majority of reps it's that simple.

Just ask Ohio State _____________

Aug 13, 2017, 5:17 PM

what having a loaded backfield and a quarterback,that can not make the ""down field throws"" is like ??? ( AKA, -- J.T.Barrett & Curtis Samuel )

We need a quarterback that can utilize our strengths at wide receiver ( deep ball ) and make the correct reads --- no matter what his name or number** -- coaches have time to get er'done,so let's just ""spot the dang ball" in a few weeks !!!!! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryant/ Johnson-

Aug 13, 2017, 5:12 PM

I have us going, 10-2.
With loses at Lville, and at home vs.......

FSU

Aug 13, 2017, 5:23 PM

Uh... you know it doesn't work that way, right? The odds all layed out for you; you make one choice and spin the wheel.

I could see us going anywhere from 8-4 to 12-0 with...

Aug 13, 2017, 9:19 PM

Bryant or any QB for that matter. We won 8 games last year by 7 points or less. No telling what happens.

Aug 13, 2017, 9:36 PM

I'm not thinking that way . Whoever is our QB will be able to take what the defense is giving .
It seemed to work for the past couple of seasons .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,180
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic