Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: McCullough earns trust, increased playing time by doing the dirty work
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: McCullough earns trust, increased playing time by doing the dirty work

Sep 13, 2014, 8:01 AM

McCullough earns trust, increased playing time by doing the dirty work

Tight end Jay Jay McCullough may have been the forgotten man when talk about Clemson's tight ends came up in fall camp, but he has made sure that the Clemson coaches know he is willing to do the dirty work in an effort to get on the field. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: McCullough earns trust, increased playing time by doing the dirty work

Sep 13, 2014, 8:29 AM

Jay Jay is a tough kid & I think we will see a lot more of him. Going to be a good one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like Leggett is working himself out of a

Sep 13, 2014, 8:40 AM

starting role for his career here. When coaches use the word lazy to describe your performance at least 2 years in a row, you aren't making those mental strides you claimed in the spring. And 2 good freshmen are coming in behind him. It's almost like he doesn't care.

Re: Looks like Leggett is working himself out of a

Sep 13, 2014, 8:59 AM

Dwayne Allen was said to be the same way but when it finally clicked for him he showed the world what he could do. I think it'll be the same for Legett. When it finally all comes together he will end up being a monster TE. He has the ability. Just has to put it all together.

Good point. And maybe the competition helps

Sep 13, 2014, 9:05 AM

Leggett in the long run. Hasn't Allen spoken to Leggett in the off season too? Thought I read somewhere that Leggett said something about that helping him change his attitude. I guess I am expecting more right now because of the way he and Stoudt bonded and worked so hard in the off season.

Sep 13, 2014, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Leggett is working himself out of a ]

From my view last Saturday in Death Valley , Leggett seems to block relatively poorly. Not sure if that is the "lazy" part or what , but maybe he just needs to bulk up some and take that aspect of his position as seriously as he does the pass catching.
He is a phenomenal downfield threat from the TE position , moreover he is an almost perverse matchup problem for the college linebacker.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Didn't he add almost 20 lbs?

Sep 13, 2014, 9:21 AM

I only noticed him once watching on TV, and it looked like he had no intention of blocking the end. If you aren't going to be aggressive against SC State, why would Morris give you much time in Tallahassee?

Sep 14, 2014, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Leggett is working himself out of a ]

His weight is up to 251, so he has the size to block.

Sep 13, 2014, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Leggett is working himself out of a ]

Well if Leggett wants a future in the NFL, he better start giving everything he has to give now. If he waits to his senior year before he decides to come to work everyday and do what the coaches are asking him to do now. I hope that the younger guys behind him gets to far ahead of him for him to make a difference. There is just NO excuse for laziness, laziness is a choice just like putting in the hard work to be ALL you can be. Football games will never be won by just the TE catching the ball. If Leggett wants to learn what a good TE does, he should watch what Nick O'Leary does at FSU tonight. He will see that a GOOD TE does it all for his TEAM. With Leggett's size, if he wanted to be, he could be as good a TE as we've ever had. And yes, I think even better than Allen if he would put in the hard work that it takes to be an elite TE.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Looks like Leggett is working himself out of a ]

When did they call Leggett lazy this year?

After UGA Morris called his route running lazy***

Sep 13, 2014, 9:06 AM

Re: After UGA Morris called his route running lazy***

Sep 13, 2014, 9:16 AM

I missed that comment from Morris. I hate to hear that because I agree that it seemed he and Cole had a good thing going.

I saw him go lazily through the motions on pass routes

Sep 13, 2014, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Looks like Leggett is working himself out of a ]

against Georgia when he should have wanted the ball in his hands. It was shocking to see that from an experienced and talented football player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw him go lazily through the motions on pass routes

Sep 14, 2014, 10:09 AM

Then he certainly shouldn't start against FSU.

Jay Jay needs to be playing more. Period.

Sep 13, 2014, 9:03 AM

He may need to work on his blocking more and I trust that he will... but he's looked very smooth out there so far this season and he's a freak of an athlete. I hope he has a solid, break-out season.

Running back

Sep 13, 2014, 4:32 PM

Actually..
I wish they would have gave him more of a look at RB.
BUT!

it looks like things might be coming together at TE.

:)

Re: New Story: McCullough earns trust, increased playing time by doing the dirty work

Sep 13, 2014, 9:26 AM

So when a player does well they get more play time....... So Watson should be playing a lot on the 20th

Coaches haven't said anything that disagrees with that

Sep 13, 2014, 9:56 AM

He has certainly played more in the first two games. No reason to think he won't play at least as much in Tallahassee as in DV, and maybe more. Just won't start.

Of course Watson put the ball in a perfect spot

Sep 13, 2014, 10:09 AM

Even when the article isn't about Deshaun it's about Deshaun. I hope he plays a lot during the FSU game.

Leggetts blocking has been abysmal

Sep 13, 2014, 10:39 AM

Whether it's laziness or something else, idk, but it sure looks like he doesn't put a whole lot of effort into it at times. Either way, his blocking sucks

but McCulloughs size tho...

Sep 13, 2014, 10:57 AM

He is a pretty big guy. He had to be a nightmare when they brought him in as a rb. In a good way.

Re: but McCulloughs size tho...

Sep 14, 2014, 10:15 AM

We obviously need him at tight end, especially with Leggett's failure to step up.

Re: Leggetts blocking has been abysmal

Sep 14, 2014, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Leggetts blocking has been abysmal ]

Then let him sit on the bench for a while. Maybe that would serve as a wake-up call. If he doesn't like physical contact, he should be in another sport. About time Dabo called him on the carper and read him the riot act.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic