Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Chad Morris vs. Jeremy Pruitt: The Rematch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Chad Morris vs. Jeremy Pruitt: The Rematch

Aug 25, 2014, 1:53 PM

Chad Morris vs. Jeremy Pruitt: The Rematch

Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt had success against Clemson's offense last season when he held the same position at Florida St. What does Morris expect from Georgia? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer Pruitt..press away. Peake says thanks in advance***

Aug 25, 2014, 2:01 PM

Re: New Story: Chad Morris vs. Jeremy Pruitt: The Rematch

Aug 25, 2014, 2:13 PM

Glad to hear about Crowder. He's still one of my favorite players to watch. This guy is gonna be a terror before too long. Let the man play!

I can't wait to watch Pruitt scramble at halftime when the Dawgs aren't able to get to Cole and the Press is not working for them. Let's see what his contingency plan is in the 2nd half. Should be fun to watch. Payback is a be-atch.

If memory serves correct

Aug 25, 2014, 6:37 PM

Clemson teams for years, esp the Bowden era, have had strong D lines, pretty good linebackers, but so-so secondaries. This sounds like the Ga. defense. We'll need to exploit this the same ways teams did us. It doesn't matter what Pruitt orders up scheme wise if we take the top off that D. So we'll see if Chad and Co, our QB and receivers can do it without Sammy.

We did have a good secondary circa 2009 and 2010 with

Aug 25, 2014, 6:49 PM

Crezdon Butler, Byron Maxwell, Marcus Gilchrist, DeAndre McDaniel, Rashard Hall, Chris Chancellor, etc. Aside from that it's often been a weakness.

Re: If memory serves correct

Aug 25, 2014, 7:28 PM [ in reply to If memory serves correct ]

Saw an extended report on the game this afternoon. UGA is loaded on both sides of the ball. According to a UGA friend of mine they will run Gurley at us, force us to load the box, and then throw play-action passes: wheel routes and flat passes. Our offense has to move the ball on them, and score points. I think we have to nickel and dime them to death with short passes, and the occasional run. Keep their offense off the field. Our tight ends could be a major factor: three or four with blocking size and the ability to catch the ball. Heard the depth chart, which sounds okay, but I have the feeling that Dabo is keeping some cards close to his chest. Good for him. I personally feel that we have some weapons that we can spring on them.

Re: If memory serves correct

Aug 25, 2014, 11:24 PM

BS, Cole surely will shock a lot of ya....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2014, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Chad Morris vs. Jeremy Pruitt: The Rematch ]

Imho, Crowder could be starting well before the end of the season. Someone on this site saw him in the tunnel after practice, said he is massive, and not fat, but a ball of muscle. One of my favorite players.

Aug 25, 2014, 2:42 PM

Surely he knows he doesn't have the same athletes he had at FSU to press the whole time...especially against our WR, but forgot he went to the SEC where all the athletes are better LOL

Aug 25, 2014, 7:34 PM

Believe me, he has tons of talent at UGA. They are loaded, and we'd better realize that. We can win, but it will be an upset.

Aug 25, 2014, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Chad Morris vs. Jeremy Pruitt: The Rematch ]

Yep, they have that sec everything. I'm wondering why Dabo don't just forfeit this game with mutts having an all sec power house. But as soon as Clemson beats their A$S, everybody that's licking mutt nuts, will jump off the mutt wagon. And as soon as their feet hit the ground, all you'll hear is how over rated the mutts are. And that they shouldn't have ever been ranked. All sec fans are exactly a like. When one of their bad A$S teams chit on their self. The entire clan of them will start knifing the h&ll out of them in the back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I keep reading tha Pruitt's system will be a work

Aug 25, 2014, 3:22 PM

In progress for the Dawgs' defense. So should we be expecting something not quite like FSU or not like UGA last year? Some of his guys are not that experienced. So his playbook may take a while to develop.

Re: I keep reading tha Pruitt's system will be a work

Aug 25, 2014, 7:38 PM

I wouldn't count on that. Could be fatal.

How in the world did UGA steal him away from FSU?

Aug 25, 2014, 4:33 PM

Pruitt is probably UGAs best player right now

All back to that sec hype of if you can be a successful

Aug 25, 2014, 6:08 PM

Coordinator in the sec you can be a head coach. Nevermind winning a nat ch and having a d like fsu had last yr. that won't do anything for your resume

Have you ever been to Tallahassee and Athens. No

Aug 25, 2014, 7:15 PM [ in reply to How in the world did UGA steal him away from FSU? ]

comparison. Tally is a dump.

Re: Have you ever been to Tallahassee and Athens. No

Aug 25, 2014, 7:41 PM

Both games a major challenge.

Richt on shakier ground than Jimbo

Aug 26, 2014, 10:10 AM [ in reply to How in the world did UGA steal him away from FSU? ]

IMHO

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Aug 25, 2014, 4:47 PM

Pruitt will have a game plan installed, but its going to be one of those things where he gets frustrated with the players not adapting to it quickly. UGA's D is far from FSU's D last year.

Aug 25, 2014, 4:51 PM

I didn't realize this until I looked it up. Pruitt, has only served as a DC for one year. Prior to that he was the DL coach at Bama. The last 3 seasons 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, he has been a part of a National Champion! I know that Bama and FSU both, had more talent on D than what UGA has right now. But, we all know UGA is no slouch when it comes to talent.

I like the fact that we get them early, they are using a new, (not entirely different) scheme. UGA has recruited heavily for a 3-4 base the last few years. They are trying to lighten up on the big ones on the DL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2014, 7:43 PM

I hope we do, don't think we beat UGA.

UGA certainly shouldn't expect to immediately have a

Aug 25, 2014, 6:02 PM

2013 FSU caliber defense just because Pruitt is coaching. The talent just isn't the same. Yeah, UGA recruits well and has plenty of talent, but look at FSU's defense last year and tell me how that compares to the UGA depth chart released today. LB is easily UGA's strongest position, even there FSU had Telvin Smith and Christian Jones on the field. DL and especially secondary aren't even close.

Re: UGA certainly shouldn't expect to immediately have a

Aug 26, 2014, 10:51 AM

We don't have a superstar on the dline but they all play together and perform pretty dang good to go along with probably the best lb group in the country! Now you got it right about the secondary and somewhat right with the dline.

Coach Morris please prepare Cole for the Bison Blitz that

Aug 25, 2014, 6:59 PM

Pruitt killed us with last year. I watched Tahj and Gruden and Tahj still was not sure where to go with the ball against that Blitz package. Make sure Cole knows where to go with the ball against this blitz. I am sure Pruitt will have some more exotic blitz for Cole since he is a first time starter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Morris please prepare Cole for the Bison Blitz that

Aug 25, 2014, 7:46 PM

Do we have the OL that will be able to pick up these blitzes? I'm just not sure.

Re: Coach Morris please prepare Cole for the Bison Blitz that

Aug 26, 2014, 12:53 AM

Slummut....stop saying "we", its just you! You're not fooling anyone.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic