Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: 5-Star LB talks Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: 5-Star LB talks Clemson

Jun 19, 2013, 10:10 AM

5-Star LB talks Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: 5-Star LB talks Clemson

Jun 19, 2013, 10:15 AM

finally?? we've played them like maybe three or 4 times. probably previously 8-10 years ago. dont fall for the ESPN blather

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea that part really confused me...

Jun 19, 2013, 10:16 AM

Like we had been trying repeatedly to beat them year in and year out lol.

That's like saying Alabama has only beaten us once

Jun 19, 2013, 11:56 AM

since 1975.

Notre Dame has not beaten Clemson since 1979***

Jun 19, 2013, 1:39 PM

Except we beat them ... not the other way around***

Jun 20, 2013, 7:06 AM

Re: played in 2012, 1996, and '58

Jun 19, 2013, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: 5-Star LB talks Clemson ]

we are 1-2

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally

Jun 19, 2013, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: 5-Star LB talks Clemson ]

I took it to mean we finally won a big bowl game after tanking a few recently.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we score 70 and give up 40 isnt this good?***

Jun 19, 2013, 10:21 AM

maybe...

Jun 19, 2013, 10:23 AM

if the o/u was 109.5 & you put a grr on the over, then maybe that would be good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe...

Jun 19, 2013, 10:47 AM

sounds like someone is feeding him negative recruiting. urban and nick taking their shots.

Our defense is on the rise

Jun 19, 2013, 9:46 PM

Our front seven are going to be seasoned and extremely deep. We are getting back some much needed talent at DB, while also adding 8 or so freshman, most of which have elite talent. Clemson's defense, pre-Morris, was always our strong point. We are getting back to that and putting the pieces together to have a complete and dominant team.

If we keep adding talent like Raekwon McMillan, Andrew Brown, Korie Rogers, Chris Register, Kendall Joseph, etc. etc. We will be a force to be reckoned with.

Re: maybe...

Jun 23, 2013, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Re: maybe... ]

What it really sounds like is that we have coaches out there that are starting to get very concerned about our little O acc team. And they would lie through their teeth to turn the type of recruits they know we need that would help us kick their lying AS$ES on a regular bases. Coaches like Satin, Myers and Spurrier see the big picture within the Clemson program. And to have a never before coordinator now HC come out the dark and beat them, only makes them look like chumps that they really are. Any dumb AS$ can take a team loaded with 5* talent and win on regular bases. But that's just fine b/c when Dabo takes a roster full of 4* and some 3* players and beat them. They are going to really look like the pisssss ant liars that they really are. I wish we could get McMillan but, if he wants to play for the teams where the coaches talk to them like chit and will throw them under the bus if they don't mature as fast as those coaches believe they should. Well let him go and play for a ready made team that makes a lot of those 5* players look to be 3 or 4 star players and risk being culled out. I'm a competitive type person, and I would much rather play on a team where I knew b/c of my drive and talent was a big reason my team was successful, than I would with a team that could have won without me. We/Clemson are getting to where we can be a NC contender, and we will get there with or without the McMillan type of thinking players. I would rather we have players that are willing to bust their AS$ to win a NC than one that wants to just walk onto a ready made NC type team. Just saying!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A defense that gives up 40

Jun 19, 2013, 10:48 AM [ in reply to If we score 70 and give up 40 isnt this good?*** ]

doesn't have many guys drafted. That's probably what he's getting at

Re: If we score 70 and give up 40 isnt this good?***

Jun 19, 2013, 11:14 AM [ in reply to If we score 70 and give up 40 isnt this good?*** ]

Not to the defense, it's not. Not by a LONG shot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know, I know. Because defenses hate hoisting crystal

Jun 20, 2013, 8:11 AM

football trophies and smiling for the camera. They just hate that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I know, I know. Because defenses hate hoisting crystal

Jun 20, 2013, 10:38 AM

some fans have trouble seeing thru a recruits viewpoint. for the last two years(chad ) we are known as an offense oriented school. like it or not. if you are a qb or wr, this is the type school and program you want to play in. fans like it because we not only win with it but it is exciting and FUN to watch. not so much for a player on the defensive side of the ball. he as a defensive player will be on the field twice or more as much as other programs without the hurry up o. also you practice against the hurry up and give up a lot of points in games. it comes with the hurry up. it just is what it is! not exactly a dream school for defensive players.

Where did you read THAT? It's all about execution, not time.***

Jun 20, 2013, 11:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if they give up 40?

Jun 19, 2013, 10:21 AM

Well why don't u come join our defense so that doesn't happen...

Glad he's not making a decision until after his season. He

Jun 19, 2013, 10:56 AM

tells us in that interview a number of objections we must overcome to get him to Clemson. He seems already sold on what the others can give him.

If our defense can continue their improvement from last season and we can have a big season, we might be able to win him over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like...

Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 AM

...our D needs to step up this season. My gut tells me that our defensive performance this season could help influence his decision. He sounds like he wants to be surrounded by other strong defensive players. And we need to get our LB commits on this guy! Help Deshaun and them recruit!

Jun 19, 2013, 11:19 AM

What we need to do is hold opponents to less than 20 points or so a game to show him we are serious about defense. Show the world that we can have a good defense and a good offense at the same time. Then he will be ours.

Worried about Bama...

Jun 19, 2013, 11:23 AM

If he likes strong guys around him on a defense, Bama will be more attractive. I feel like our D is gonna be REALLY good this year, but even if we hold opponents to 15-20 a game, and Bama's holding theirs to 10, he'll wind up going there. This interview was very enlightening to Raekwon's mindset on his school. We'll see what happens in the winter.

Jun 19, 2013, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: 5-Star LB talks Clemson ]

tough to do if our O is clicking because the other guys will get many possessions.

AJC trying hard to downplay the influence of DW and

Jun 19, 2013, 11:25 AM

our other top recruits. and RM's math??? 70-40 is almost as good as 63-17 or 45-0

Re: AJC trying hard to downplay the influence of DW and

Jun 19, 2013, 11:29 AM

As was mentioned before, not true for a defensive player.

Can't blame him for taking this position. Just means that

Jun 19, 2013, 11:37 AM

we HAVE to show some major improvement on D this year! Show him that the Tiger D can also be dominant!

Is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of people....

Jun 19, 2013, 11:42 AM

get it backwards sometimes? I mean... I want to have a good defense... TO HAVE A GOOD DEFENSE. Not so we can recruit better. I want to win a lot of games... TO WIN A LOT OF GAMES. Not to convince an elite prospect to join us.

I realize recruiting is very important to successful football programs... but it's only a part of the means to an end. I think all these recruiting stories and rankings cause people to subconsciously consider recruiting to be its own sport.

This is not all directed at the post I am responding to, it just reminded me of the larger tendency. I agree that its hard to blame RM for his position as well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dude, I wasn't saying that impressing a recruit is the

Jun 19, 2013, 4:04 PM

reason to win football games. Obviously, we all want to win for the sake of being the best.

But the topic here is about this particular recruits reasons for choosing/not choosing Clemson. Just pointing out that if we want this particular recruit, we're going to have to play better on defense. I think you're reading too much into it.

I hate Alabama!!!

Jun 19, 2013, 12:30 PM

If this kid doesn't come to Clemson, I would just as soon he go be a "worthless nut"....than to join the "SEC" spin/hype machine!

Come HELP make our Defense better young man! Ignore KornCoot, Carvell and the rest of those A$$HOLE loving "SEC" morons.

Clemson WILL help you get to the NFL son. No worries.

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mike Carvell and the AJC are at it again...

Jun 19, 2013, 1:04 PM

Never give much credit to Carvell and the bulls*** he writes. Quite frankly, this guy is a 5* recruit and I'd love to have him, but the LB's we have on board this recruiting class look a lot more athletic and have more upside than this kid. Their film is a lot more convincing as well.

I agree

Jun 19, 2013, 6:03 PM

The more that I think about it, I'd be just as happy to get a great DE/DT or another lock down DB. I feel LB is one of the few positions that we have some serious depth.

Re: Mike Carvell and the AJC are at it again...

Jun 21, 2013, 12:44 AM [ in reply to Mike Carvell and the AJC are at it again... ]

I disagree. This kid is like 240 in high school, he's solid muscle and moves well for an inside linebacker. He is the #1 linebacker in the country for a reason, he has more talent and upside than the other guys we have committed but we have like three 4 stars, so we are sitting pretty even if we don't get him.

Mike Carvell and the AJC are at it again...

Jun 19, 2013, 1:06 PM

Never give much credit to Carvell and the bulls*** he writes. Quite frankly, this guy is a 5* recruit and I'd love to have him, but the LB's we have on board this recruiting class look a lot more athletic and have more upside than this kid. Their film is a lot more convincing as well.

Jun 19, 2013, 5:54 PM

70>40

Re: I agree

Jun 19, 2013, 7:44 PM

I say we get both! A monster DT along with RM. Defense would be instantly improved.

Aug 31st is the start of something special.

Jun 19, 2013, 8:33 PM

After reading this I like our chances less. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Bammer. I'm just waiting for Saban to retire and the NCAA to raid Tuscaloosa and find cash and roids everywhere. Not much else will bring those elephants down.

Teams can put up 40 when we have our 8th string in the game

Jun 20, 2013, 12:52 AM

We put up points, put away the game, and then let the dudes a bit further down the depth chart get some game time.

Not good.."finally beat SEC", "O" about gone, "can't leaveME

Jun 20, 2013, 11:04 AM

Yep, the young man is bias a bit me think (IMO) but Dabo won't give up on him..and time will tell, won't it.

gOtiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good friends with Jalyn Holmes

Jun 21, 2013, 12:39 AM

who just committed to Ohio St. They are working hard to get this guy, but a lot can happen before signing day.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 23, 2013, 10:07 AM

Not really much. Because at the end of the day, every single one of those guys who are my friends, they are offensive players. And I’ve to go look out for myself on defense. I can’t leave myself out there like that. Yeah, they can put up 70 points but what if we’re giving up 40 points? It’s not going to be good.”

Look at his comments! Look out for himself ! I hate to say it BUt I say cut bait with this guy!

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic