Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jack W Carter Sr
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1586

Jack W Carter Sr

Oct 26, 2009, 8:03 PM

Tomorrow at 2:30, we will bury my Father, Jack W Carter Sr., in Walterboro. He will be buried in his orange IPTAY blazer, a Tiger Paw tie and wearing a Clemson ring. My Dad did WW II and never had the chance to go to college. I gave him a ring with my Class on the ring (1970). I told him he earned that ring more than I did. His coffin will have a Tiger Paw on it and his vault will be Orange and White…the way he would have wanted it. When I posted that he pasted away Sunday morning, some folks asked if he at least had the chance to enjoy the great win this past Saturday. Sadly, I don’t think he was conscious enough to actually know….but in his heart, he would never have had a doubt because in his heart he knew one thing…every day you are a Tiger, you are a winner. God Bless my Father, God Bless Clemson and God Bless the men and women that stand watch every day….GO TIGERs.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

may God bless you and your family Jack - what a legacy

Oct 26, 2009, 8:06 PM

your father left in you !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

like***

Oct 26, 2009, 8:06 PM

RIP Tiger Jack***

Oct 26, 2009, 8:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also from Walterboro .......Your dad was THE biggest fan

Oct 26, 2009, 8:09 PM

in town. God bless him.

He sounded like a GREAT man and a heck of a Tiger Fan!

Oct 26, 2009, 8:10 PM

God Bless you and your family.

Re: Jack W Carter Sr

Oct 26, 2009, 8:15 PM

Jack -- Condolences from one of your fellow BOV members. Folks like your Dad and you are what have made Clemson and this Country great. God bless you both.

Oct 26, 2009, 8:28 PM

Sorry for your loss but he sounds like a great man. What a great legacy he left you in his example. My Dad graduated 8th grade and worked his whole life in the mills and sales to send me to Clemson (graduated 1972). Guys like that well....

God bless you and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2009, 8:37 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Just lost my dad in December and this football season has been bittersweet. Your dad sounds like a wonderful person and Tiger and I know he will be missed. God bless.

God bless you and your family...sounds like a great man,

Oct 26, 2009, 8:46 PM

great Tiger and a great American...i'll keep you guys in my prayers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: God bless and comfort your family. May your

Oct 26, 2009, 9:02 PM

father rest knowing he was loved and respected by family and friends.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

Jack, You and your family are in our prayers...

Oct 26, 2009, 9:02 PM

Signed,
Your marketing committee chair.

He saw the win. No doubt about it !

Oct 26, 2009, 9:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree...he knows***

Oct 27, 2009, 9:28 AM

Bless you and your family. I think he knew.***

Oct 26, 2009, 9:04 PM

Oct 26, 2009, 9:05 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time. I never had the pleasure of meeting your dad, but I'm sure he was awfully proud of you. Sounds like he was the embodiment of a Clemson Gentleman. I can see much of that description fitting you as well. You make a difference in the lives of so many students. Keep the faith.

Know that the Clemson family mourns with you at the loss of such a dedicated fan and father.

A grateful BOV member,
Jim Creel, Jr.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and your family are in our prayers*******

Oct 26, 2009, 9:08 PM

Thanks for sharing about your Dad

Oct 26, 2009, 9:08 PM

What a great legacy -- what a great man! What a great thing you did in getting a Clemson ring for him. Sounds like the parents of a lot of us older folks. My folks never went to college and did all they could to make it possible for me - a 1975 graduate.

We will be praying for you and your family -especially tomorrow! Hang on to that legacy. As others have said, folks like your Dad are the ones responsible for the spirit in the hills! I just pray we never lose that spirit!

GO TIGERS!!

Oct 26, 2009, 9:10 PM

I love to study WWII history. Your father was an awesome MAN for serving his country in WWII. The United States as well as many other countries owes him a great debt of gratitude than can never be paid.

Very sorry for your loss, but a tremendous gain for those in Heaven.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jack W Carter Sr.,from Ron Wright

Oct 26, 2009, 9:17 PM

Dear Jack.

On behalf of the Wright Family we wish to extend our deepest sympathies to you and your family. My Father was a 1941 Graduate and also served in WWII as well. Men like your Father and mine contributed to protecting the world from fanaticsm in the 40's, and our Country has been blessed by their contributions. My Dad passed away December 14, 2008, and I miss him every day.
Be sure to keep all of the precious memories alive by sharing them whenever you can. I have found that telling family and friends about seemingly small instances always brings out love and joy about your Dad.
My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow.
My best to you and your Family,
Ron Wright

may god bless!***

Oct 26, 2009, 9:27 PM

God bless your family***

Oct 27, 2009, 9:00 AM

Rest in peace, a true American and a genuine Tiger***

Oct 27, 2009, 9:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

First Class all the way! May God bless you and your family!***

Oct 27, 2009, 9:26 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God bless.***

Oct 27, 2009, 10:01 AM

Oct 27, 2009, 10:09 AM

GREAT POST. Your Dad is now able to kick back and watch his Tigers play next to Coach Howard, R.C., and Coach Ibrahim among others. Sorry for your lost, we are praying for your family.

Photobucket

Replies: 25
| visibility 1586
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic