Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for resident coots.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 816

Question for resident coots.

Oct 30, 2006, 10:09 AM

Why do University of South Carolina fans (not all but the majority) like to portray Clemson fans as "rednecks" but think of themselves of the elites of South Carolina?

I observe the following:

1. Confederate flag display in clear view in the backdrop of College Gameday during the entire airing of that show.

2. In 1963, Clemson became the first integrated public school in the state, this the same year Governor Wallace stood in the doorway to block intregation at the University of Alabama. When did USC integrate?

3. Carolina fans proudly reiterate that Wade Hamption, a confederate general, was a graduate of the University of South Carolina.

4. Clemson is the premier engineering and scientific university of South Carolina (yes USC has engineering but it is not the flagship science university in SC). Yes, USC has a law school and many lawyers make significant incomes but lawyers are often perceived as nothing but crooks themselves. I'm glad USC has most of the liars, uh, I mean lawyers.

5. While Clemson has it historic roots as and Agriculture/Engineering and Military schools there is nothing redneck about applying science to improve the lives of the people of SC or the world by developing better ways to farm and better crop hybrids. Think about that at the next meal time or when you go grocery shopping. BTW, engineering is clearly the largest college within Clemson University.

6. So there are many USC fans proud of the fact that many of their alumni fought in the civil war on the side of the south. How about some credit to Clemson for producing many military officers in the service of the United States not the Confederate States. Clemson provided more officers in World War II than any other institution other than West Point itself or Texas A&M (a college similar to Clemson but much larger).

7. Entrance requirements are more difficult at Clemson as opposed to USC. Average SAT scores and class ranking are higher at Clemson than USC. Do rednecks really score higher?

Clemson buddies, am I missing something else? I know, I know, don't try to use logic with a coot. But seriously, Carolina fans, make your case (lawyers) as to why Clemson fans are nothing but a bunch of rednecks otherwise case closed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you've been watching "Gameday" for the past two weeks

Oct 30, 2006, 10:11 AM

then I think this sale has been made for you.

Yes.***

Oct 30, 2006, 10:12 AM

Calling us 'rednecks' is all they have.

Oct 30, 2006, 10:12 AM

We own them in everything.

Not everything...check out the rap sheet and thier record

Oct 30, 2006, 10:15 AM

including moral victories is pretty impressive. PLUS they have afew pre-season National Championships....gives all something to shoot for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nicely put, point for you.***

Oct 30, 2006, 10:14 AM

Re: Question for resident coots.

You have some good points but you are obvious a bigot and very prejudiced. Having served in the Confederacy was just as honorable as serving in any war in defense of one's beliefs and defense of one's homeland.

Say what? I thought he made some silly points, but you

Oct 30, 2006, 10:42 AM

saw something I didn't.

There is a difference between "red necks" and "white trash"

You decide which is which.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Well Stated!

Oct 30, 2006, 10:16 AM

What more can be stated? Clemson is the better school in SC. As a high school senior I had no idea usc had an engineering program. From a Clemson Engineering grad: there was only one school for me - Clemson.

WOW...their beautiful campus couldn't sway you either !!!***

Oct 30, 2006, 10:17 AM

People who think food grows on store shelves have no

Oct 30, 2006, 10:16 AM

respect for the work it takes to produce it. They wait around for a reason to sue the people who actually add wealth to our society.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nicely done. If that doesn't make the HOF, there should

Oct 30, 2006, 10:20 AM

not be a HOF.

No resident coots have yet to step up and try to answer you***

Oct 30, 2006, 10:44 AM

And finally, they have a barnyard animal

Oct 30, 2006, 11:11 AM

as their mascot, which they LOVE to play crowing over their loudspeakers!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 816
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic