Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It appears that Dabo is confused over….
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

It appears that Dabo is confused over….

Nov 6, 2022, 7:25 AM

The difference between what is negativity and what is accountability.
If he is going to preach “best is the standard” then:
Hire the best.
Don’t prop up a QB all year who is playing below the standard, not give the back up
adequate downfield passing experience before you put him in an impossible situation,
call a terrible play, and embarrass him by not putting him back in the game.
Don’t blame your defense who gives their all while the offensive game
plan is non existent and disheartens your defense.
When you have had two weeks to prepare for a special team that
has blocked five or six punts (and line up the same way each play)then make
sure you have a blocker for each one of their rushers. Study the video!
When you have had two weeks to prepare for a team put in a new formation or
play that no opponent has previously seen.
And most of all quit saying that winning a national championship is out of your
control as one of your goals when you have won two. It is obvious to everyone who
follows college football today that it matters who you play, how you play, how you look
and the margin of victory.
If the standard is being your best…(and it starts with you) then you control all of the
above and be glad your fans care and want the best as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD***

Nov 6, 2022, 7:27 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It appears that Dabo is confused over….

Nov 6, 2022, 7:43 AM

Add one more thing ;Dabo needs to quit acting like a cheerleader on the side lines.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2022, 7:47 AM

And should never hold a play card again.
Stick with what worked. Be a CEO.
Hire a competent OC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 7, 2022, 11:16 AM

Jeff Scott!!!!

We’re gonna need to branch out of the family tree

Nov 7, 2022, 1:44 PM

For this one

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2022, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: It appears that Dabo is confused over…. ]

Please no the ship passed make him a recruiter not OC please no. Hire an OC give him full control and stay out Dabo. We need outside new blood not a yes boy.

Nov 7, 2022, 2:47 PM

I fully agree… new blood is needed!

Nov 7, 2022, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: It appears that Dabo is confused over…. ]

I fully agree… new blood is needed!

Nov 6, 2022, 7:52 AM

To say we were out coached (and played) is a massive understatement. Unsure what our offensive game plan was? We appeared clueless. Our offense is at best “herky jerky”, dumbed down by inept QB play and play calling. Forget the CFP. Everyone thought we were being disrespected by our #4 ranking; we don’t belong in the top 10. A laughing stock coaching performance and game on national TV.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2022, 2:57 PM

Unfortunately, I have to agree… we need outside help and new ideas.

Nov 7, 2022, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: It appears that Dabo is confused over…. ]

Unfortunately, I have to agree… we need outside help and new ideas.

Nov 6, 2022, 7:53 AM

We all see it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if this is their best?

Nov 6, 2022, 7:53 AM

It’s quite possible with this staff and these players that this is their best.

Maybe. But that’s a reason to upgrade the staff.

Nov 6, 2022, 7:58 AM

He’s got every resource he could possibly need.

Credit to him… he’s got it because he 100% earned it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe. But that’s a reason to upgrade the staff.

Nov 6, 2022, 10:43 AM

You have to re-earn it. He earned the biggest contract in college football 4 years ago. Since then, college football has changed, and we've seen Clemson get worse and worse. 2018 was the greatest team that's ever players. 2019 was miles behind it. 2020 was worse than 2019 in every way and we saw we couldn't win a big game, getting absolutely throttled by a middling Ohio State. 2021 was a mediocre team, except we also played the best team in the country which beat up our team terribly and destroyed the mental fortitude of our egg-shell quarterback. This year, we're not significantly improved from 2021, winning close games against teams which clearly were not as good as we thought and then getting humiliated by a 5-3 team which lost to Stanford and Marshall. We've been on a downslide since 2018, people just didn't see it. He did not earn his latest contract.

Nov 7, 2022, 8:29 AM

College football must be terrible everywhere if the team with the longest winning streak in college football going into Saturday has been on a 3+ year downhill slide.

Y’all need to get over yourselves.

Nov 7, 2022, 2:11 PM

FSU
Louisville
Uconn
Wake Forest
USCjr
Iowa State
GT
Furman
Louisiana Tech
Wake Forest
NC State
Boston College
FSU
Syracuse

This isn't like some great, powerhouse run of a streak. There's probably 15-20 other teams in the nation that could have won all of those games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo means we don't control being chosen to play in the CFP

Nov 6, 2022, 7:55 AM

Agree on most of your points. Dabo did take blame for the loss several times in the press conference. Time for him to do some introspection as well.

Still got 4 and 5 stars on the field. Time to coach them up to their potential. You hope the coaches around him have the ability to have that potential as well. Haven't seen us put together a complete game all season. I put that on the coaches.

I could be wrong--just a message board opinion among thousands...I still like these kids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're not getting in the CFP this season...

Nov 6, 2022, 12:11 PM

Even if we win out, which is now in doubt.

Lots of better 1-loss teams out there.
Tennessee
Oregon
Southern Cal
The OSU-Michigan loser
UCLA
Ole Miss
TCU is they lose one

A max of two 1-loss teams will get in
Georgia and the OSU-Michigan winner aren't going to lose before the CFP.

Re: We're not getting in the CFP this season...

Nov 7, 2022, 8:34 AM

If you are already doubting that we can win out then maybe you should find a new team. We probably won’t make the playoffs. There were a lot of years we would have been happy with 13-1, an Orange Bowl win and 12 consecutive 10+ win seasons. Some of us are realists and still will be ok with that.

Nov 7, 2022, 11:28 AM

A lot depends on which Tiger team decides to show up on Saturday. I feel like the Louisville game will tell us all we need to know about the current state of our team and how motivated we are to finish strong. I'm not making any bets on how it will go because I have absolutely no idea.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2022, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: We're not getting in the CFP this season... ]

Maybe you should quit being a goober.

Dabo needs a time out to look in the mirror

Nov 6, 2022, 9:46 AM

I fear that he is losing his focus on the bigger, long range picture for the program.

Re: Dabo needs a time out to look in the mirror

Nov 6, 2022, 9:50 AM

and say,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QZkptwqY0E

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo needs a time out to look in the mirror

Nov 6, 2022, 11:19 AM

Look... No play sheet in his hand or covering his mouth and in a championship game. We're not going to see that for a while.

Don't be afraid to admit your mistakes

Nov 7, 2022, 8:25 AM

Proverbs 16:18

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 7, 2022, 8:37 AM

He is in the inside looking out and needs some fresh eyes to see the issues..He is his own worse enemy and unable to see the trend that started last year..Also, other programs are catching up with our playing calling. Has he lost the Midas touch?

BUMP***

Nov 7, 2022, 9:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2022, 9:45 AM

I agree with what you are saying. And these fans that scold us for being negative- it is calling out what we see, not because we don't love the Tigers, but because we do! If you don't see that we have a problems, folks, then you have not been paying attention. We have a winning season, yes, but almost EVERY game for two years has been on a wing and lots of prayer! And then Dabo comes out each week and says, he thinks we have played well. WHAT??? This time reality finally caught up with us and I'm just hoping he will stand back and look at things from a fresh point of view. I will forever be a Tiger, and when we lose after playing hard and executing well, then I am the first to say- better luck next time. But when Ngata is like, "Oh, you want the ball- here take it, I'm not going to fight for it because it might hurt" or when the coaches call only about 3 different plays per GAME, and the only solution is throw it to the sideline on a 3rd and 22, or give it to Shipley even though everyone who is watching knows he is going to get it, and therefore he has no chance, give me a break. Ok. I'm done. Rant over. I love the Tigers- but refuse to think that this is "Best is the Standard" football.

Nov 7, 2022, 8:57 PM

Amen brother

Nov 7, 2022, 10:52 AM

Folks, sometimes it's the other team who is playing better on a given day and whip the best team no matter what they do. Clemson is gonna win out and we will have a good/great season. I'm 79 years young and I have not forgotten what it means to have 5 wins and 6 losses. Enjoy the game. If we win out we may still be in the College playoffs. If not, it is not the end of the world.

My Goodness! At least we are not Gamecock fans.

Nov 7, 2022, 2:02 PM

Wish I could give this more than 1 TU!

Nov 7, 2022, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: It appears that Dabo is confused over…. ]

Time to bring in some fresh bold in coaching. Streeter, Conn, Spiller got to go

Nov 7, 2022, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: It appears that Dabo is confused over…. ]

Time to bring in some fresh blood in coaching. Streeter, Conn, Spiller got to go

Nov 7, 2022, 10:56 AM

This!!!! Preach!!!

JP said:

The difference between what is negativity and what is accountability.
If he is going to preach “best is the standard” then:
Hire the best.
Don’t prop up a QB all year who is playing below the standard, not give the back up
adequate downfield passing experience before you put him in an impossible situation,
call a terrible play, and embarrass him by not putting him back in the game.
Don’t blame your defense who gives their all while the offensive game
plan is non existent and disheartens your defense.
When you have had two weeks to prepare for a special team that
has blocked five or six punts (and line up the same way each play)then make
sure you have a blocker for each one of their rushers. Study the video!
When you have had two weeks to prepare for a team put in a new formation or
play that no opponent has previously seen.
And most of all quit saying that winning a national championship is out of your
control as one of your goals when you have won two. It is obvious to everyone who
follows college football today that it matters who you play, how you play, how you look
and the margin of victory.
If the standard is being your best…(and it starts with you) then you control all of the
above and be glad your fans care and want the best as well.

Nov 7, 2022, 11:20 AM

I wish somebody in the media, David, somebody please mention to Dabo that he is the one that came up with the best is our standard, and ask him if he got away from those feelings when he decided not to look for the best to replace the coordinators that took jobs else where. Ask him why in Clemson's name didn't he want the best for Clemson at that time bc, the entire fan base, and out side of anything orange knew that what he replaced BV and Tony with wasn't even, couldn't even be called any type of standard, not even remotely close to really good, much less as the best is the standard!!!!

The best is no longer the standard when two coordinators are hired at the same time without coordinator experience at any level close to what Clemson has played for the past 12 years. What Dabo done was hired his project coaches as coordinators that was even close to being anything close to the best. IMO Dabo didn't out smart himself or anybody else, he has reiterated what the out side was saying about him when he was given the HC job....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2022, 11:28 AM

I can already answer that in the most Dabo/Coach Speak way possible.

"I believe in our guys and coaches. Best is still the standard. This is all on me."

You won't get the answer you are looking for, at least not publicly addressed.

Nov 7, 2022, 2:06 PM

Of course that is what he will say and what he should say. What do you want him to say into a microphone - I promoted a couple of bums who don’t know their butts from a hole in the ground and they are gone today? If that’s what you want to hear just keep reading Tigernet.

Drop. The. Mic.***

Nov 7, 2022, 11:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2022, 1:51 PM

The 2 weeks off and being unprepared bothers me more than anything. It's like they don't take anything serious, I said the other day and it might not be popular with some, but you take that extra bye week to get all the film study you can...to make sure you dot ever (i) and cross ever (t). Instead they take tons of time off and do community work (which is great, but you have 8 other months for that) when they could be doing all the extra stuff to be ready. It just makes no sense to me, I even said on the Sat off, I wonder if the coaches and players get together and watch the ND game and get extra film study out of it....well apparently not.

Nov 7, 2022, 2:52 PM

One correction. `all year my a**` how bout all 2 years...looks like below average is OK at some positions!

Nov 7, 2022, 2:54 PM

Thank you for saying this. Im surprised no one has called you a coot or a fake fan. It’s not fair weather to criticize the program or coach.

Nov 7, 2022, 3:06 PM

Dabo's message is getting stale

Nov 7, 2022, 5:08 PM

Yes Dabo practice what you preach. If you're so confident in DJ why are we calling these vanilla chicken sh*t screen pass plays all the time? Clearly afraid to use him competitively I mean am I the only one who sees that?

Nov 7, 2022, 5:13 PM

Pride goeth before a fall

The formation wasn’t the issue.

Nov 7, 2022, 5:16 PM

Maybe you should, “watch the video,” hmm?

It was the complete whiff by Ruke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic