Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which starter is most likely to be passed by a young stud
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Which starter is most likely to be passed by a young stud

Jul 20, 2017, 7:38 AM

by at least mid-season besides the QB position on this year's football team? For clarification, the question applies to the guys who we know pretty sure are going to start (for example we don't know right now who will start at RB so Feaster can't be an answer).

I would say Simpson for Hearn and X. Kelly/ J. Williams for Austin Bryant. Bryant has had some injuries which have held him back, but you get a sense from Venables that he really hasn't progressed much from his Freshman year. He basically said Pagano would have started at DT had he stayed and Wilkins would have started at DE again. That tells me Bryant still isn't difference maker he was projected to be at this point in his career. He doesn't quite seem to have the athleticism, gear or upside that Ferrell has. It's almost like he's the starter by default. I wouldn't be shocked if one of the young guys passed him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only other one i can think of would maybe be a CB

Jul 20, 2017, 7:53 AM

breaking through. We have some young guys that are more talented and more physically gifted. But Carter was really solid last year and Edmond has made some big plays.

Disagree on Bryant. I think he is clearly the

Jul 20, 2017, 7:57 AM

starter at DE. IMO, Wilikins is better at DT than DE.

Bryant was very good in late 2015 as a true freshman when Lawson was unjuted. He was also huge last year after coming back from his injury. The coaches have been pretty quite on Kelly. Not sure if it is just motivation or what, but not a lot of mention of him at the end of spring practice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which starter is most likely to be passed by a young stud

Jul 20, 2017, 7:59 AM

Powell for Ray Ray. Renfrow will be in slot, Or Deon will move to Ray's spot and insert Tee into MW old position. Sorry don't really remember the numbers of the WR positions. I agree that Simpson could steel a spot. Mullen could take over one of the DB spots. Need some more height at CB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think all the old studs hold their own at the stud farm

Jul 20, 2017, 8:14 AM

Injuries the wildcard

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2017, 8:33 AM

DB or O line, specifically CB or OG. Hands down

T Mullen will take over one of the cb spots.

Jul 20, 2017, 8:46 AM

Mark Fields is a sleeper candidate to do the same. If these their raw talent can be channeled to play disciplined football they will be an upgrade. That's not a knock to Carter and Edmond but it is what it is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2017, 9:24 AM

I think an obvious guess would be a receiver or corner. It'll be tough to keep all these young guys off the field. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them surpass a veteran guy ahead of them.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic