Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are people asking Tiger Woods...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,107

Why are people asking Tiger Woods...

Feb 1, 2016, 5:45 AM

About our chances with all these recruits? I'm not entirely new to board but it's clear I've missed something. Does he work for a recruting ranking site, our athletic department, a coach's brother, etc? Just curious. There so many 'predictors' on here I don't read theirs. But if there's reason to read is....will do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are people asking Tiger Woods...

Feb 1, 2016, 5:49 AM

He is fairly spot-on with his information. It's obvious he enjoys the recruiting process and invests a lot of time and energy, like TigerBry83 does as well. I have come to tuts their opinions as much as any recruiting site with regards to Clemson. Just my opinion.

Feb 1, 2016, 5:51 AM

I believe that he's just subscribed to all the pay sites and does a lot of research on these recruits. His info is usually spot on which is why everyone wants to hear from him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention he also has the inside scoop on how to pick up waitresses at perkins

Feb 1, 2016, 8:04 AM

Which is a double bonus

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Not to mention he also has the inside scoop on how to pick up waitresses at perkins

Feb 1, 2016, 8:33 AM

Golfing, wimmins and recruiting. How do he do it all?

He's blackopino...

Feb 1, 2016, 9:05 AM

Gives him speCial abilities.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Feb 1, 2016, 6:16 AM

Because his mind and the oculus are on the same wave length. Thus giving him more powers to understand the complex thing we call recruiting.

word is that he developed the recruit mind control thingy

Feb 1, 2016, 7:18 AM

on the Oculus and is the only one who knows how to use it. He gets instructions directly from CDS.

Tiger Woods, TigerBry, Hendrix and others

Feb 1, 2016, 7:50 AM

take recruiting more seriously than most on here. They invest their time and money into doing research. Some say they are just regurgitating paysite info. But that isn't entirely true. Sure, they get info from paysites, but they also take time to make contacts with others in the know. I much appreciate their efforts and have come to trust their opinions as much if not more so than many of the payed "experts".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Tiger Woods, TigerBry, Hendrix and others

Feb 1, 2016, 8:08 AM

I'd like to add the name Quozzel to the list for outstanding info on scouting talent

He's very good at dissecting game film and giving input on potential recruits

Feb 1, 2016, 8:07 AM

Simple... TW is Davidhood's scok.

Tiger has decided that with his free time (back injury) that

Feb 1, 2016, 9:06 AM

he will become THE national recruiting guru...helps to promote his new family image and is much less dangerous than chasing waitresses/hookers/etc. He actually appears on most teams forums but he just likes us the best.

Actually he, Tigerbry and a few others take the time to dig deeper than most of us will (or can). They digest the information and provide a pretty spot-on analysis based on their opinion of the situation. They don't pretend to have a crystal ball and make absolute statements.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2016, 9:11 AM

I think ScottOutdoors above nailed it.

Basically, for the same reason people use Hotwire, Expedia, Kayak and the like to book travel and/or accommodations.

TigerWoods is a human aggregator! He farms data from multiple (and most reputable) sources, makes contacts when/where he can, and delivers said information here for our convenience in a concise, well-thought-out manner.

Feb 1, 2016, 10:53 AM

Dude is very reliable with his information. He won't hand ya any Kornblutt or TCI garbage but rather provide the most accurate intel from the most noted sources.

Neither of us bought into the 'Rahshaun Smith to LSU' stuff nor the Rahshaun Smith to Maryland talk. Also I don't recall one of us entertaining the Saivion Smith to Clemson stuff once he committed to LSU- though it would've been a nice flip. Additionally, I do not believe we fell for the 'Troy Pride to Clemson' stuff when that was suddenly a hot topic.

We've been in agreement many times before and collaborated to the best of our ability to give a quality answer. Example; http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18574120

Just a side note- Since I brought up a Trayvon Mullen thread I figured that it is worth mentioning that USA Today Sports mentioned in an article that he, Mullen, took another trip to Louisville this weekend.

There is one particular Clemson site who should probably write an apology, hang it up and hand the keys over to TW.

Lastly, the 2017 recruiting class should be a really interesting one and I'm gonna do something a little different. Because I like to keep up with it nationally, I'll be releasing my Top 217 for 2017 on Wednesday. This poll will be different in many ways because there won't be any bias involved concerning how many offers one has (or doesn't have), how many SEC schools are flirting with em and also I won't be putting a prospect under such scrutiny due to injury or playing for a sub-par team. Should be fun. Then again Signing Day is Christmas so that's always fun. :)

Feb 1, 2016, 11:07 AM

Appreciate your efforts bry. The dynamic duo of recruiting is needed by posters and lurkers alike. We'll read about your exploits and signal the boreds when we need help.

Feb 1, 2016, 10:57 AM

ClemsonCountry = Tiger Woods' Love Child???...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

TeeDubs and TiBry always seem to have the right

Feb 1, 2016, 10:58 AM

While TCI always seems to have the wrong. hth.

Because he is usually right about his predictions

Feb 1, 2016, 11:07 AM

I don't know where he gets his info, but alot of us fans take him for his word. Tigerbry, tiger woods and Quackingtiger from STS is who i really on for who we are recruiting and chances of landing them

Ever since he stopped chasing the womens

Feb 1, 2016, 11:25 AM

He's had great insight into Clemson recruiting.

Him & Tigerbry a like getting info straight from the staff. They know what they're talking about.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,107
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic