Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hearing playing time seems to be an Overton lean maybe a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Hearing playing time seems to be an Overton lean maybe a

Dec 23, 2015, 5:49 PM

factor. I know that recruits read this board, so come on Bro ! You can come WRU. Study under CJS AND Dabo. As importantly understudy under Mike Williams. And Most importantly, be with a program where Dabo stands behind players that get injured. Scholarships are stripped at other places and Dabo has stuck by offers to players that got injured and never played a snaps of football. Clemson family and we need you ! You will see the field next season and have the best coaches, QB to pass to you , fans and stadium to display your talents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and this dude is a young Mike Williams

Dec 23, 2015, 5:55 PM

completion will make you better, build heart and character, and I guarantee you that you will see PLENTY of playing time next season

competition autocorrect***

Dec 23, 2015, 5:56 PM

Re: Hearing playing time seems to be an Overton lean maybe a

Dec 23, 2015, 5:57 PM

He is probably worried about getting playing time against Cornell Powell. :)

Dec 23, 2015, 5:59 PM

this kid will spread the field like Williams and Hopkins and like Cain is learning to do. Cain would be his concern, but shouldn't be concern. Powell is another Sammy Watkins. a burner and elusive

Dec 23, 2015, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Hearing playing time seems to be an Overton lean maybe a ]

They will play different positions.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 23, 2015, 7:33 PM

One thing it's not hard to do is look on a depth chart and realize that Clemson - aside from Mike Williams, who will be gone after next season - simply doesn't have many tall receivers. We've been getting plenty of high-ranked and high-falutin' talent...but where we've been coming up, well, short, the last couple years is in the pure height department. We haven't seen some of the giant outsized receivers like Martavis Bryant/Charone Peake/Mike Williams we've gotten so much production out of in the past. The WR crew is getting a little smallish and just because of his sheer size I think Overton would offer a dimension that we just plain don't have enough of, and I think he'd press for PT very early, as a redshirt freshman if he doesn't outright beat a redshirt. Whatever, he's not going to sit long. And then a whole lot of balls are going to be coming his way. The big outside receiver in Clemson's offense gets fed.

Yeah, we missed Mike Williams this year...but does anybody realize that just between Charone Peake and Deon Cain alone - Trevion Thompson played some "9" this year as well - his replacements still caught 74 balls - for well over 1,100 yards and 10 TD's? Yeah, we missed Williams...but there is that "Moneyball" approach where you replace a guy's production in aggregate, and Clemson assuredly did that by moving Peake over from the slot and spot-injecting a very talented true frosh in plus situations.

Overton needs to be with us. He'll get his touches, he'll get his looks, he'll get his chances. He'll develop...and pretty early. And I think the coaches can - and have - sold him on all that.

Most predict he's about as solid a Clemson lock as possible.

Dec 23, 2015, 6:00 PM

But, that's just what most predict.

With his size he would most likely

Dec 23, 2015, 6:02 PM

Be on the field next year. Think he maybe reading to much into it. We have a walk on playing . not like he sit for three years. Come to Clemson. You'll be glad you did.
GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With his size he would most likely

Dec 23, 2015, 6:06 PM

dude, preaching to the pulpit ! He will see the field next season, but NC State has sold him a bill of goods.

Any updates from Tigerbry or T Woods??

Dec 23, 2015, 6:08 PM

They are normally pretty accurate with the recruiting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any updates from Tigerbry or T Woods??

Dec 23, 2015, 6:16 PM

sick of this bs, My granddad played and coached and my uncle is a physician for a pro team in Charlotte. So, when I rarely post recruiting and more often than not post medical, I have a clue not to just post York or the dude. Its ass-holes like you that ruin the board So, GFY

Dec 23, 2015, 6:17 PM

but cubigturd my granddad played and coached two sports here . Won't be too hard to figure out

Dec 23, 2015, 6:48 PM

Calm down dude I was just looking for additional Intel not trying to insult your info. And btw I played under bowden.

Dec 23, 2015, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Any updates from Tigerbry or T Woods?? ]

Yabbadabodo have you run down the hill when the cannons go off and there are 80k plus screaming at the top of their lungs? Have you given blood sweat and tears fom this program? I know I have. So before you start attacking why do you not ask instead of getting your panties in a wad. Like I said it was no disrespect towards you I just wanted to see if any additional info was out there.

ooo...snap...***

Dec 23, 2015, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Any updates from Tigerbry or T Woods?? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and they know Overton how???***

Dec 23, 2015, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Any updates from Tigerbry or T Woods?? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Any updates from Tigerbry or T Woods?? ]

> sick of this bs, My granddad played and coached and
> my uncle is a physician for a pro team in Charlotte.
> So, when I rarely post recruiting and more often than
> not post medical, I have a clue not to just post York
> or the dude. Its ass-holes like you that ruin the
> board So, GFY

maybe if you didn't stomp your feet and act like a little b!tch then people wouldn't
ask others what they think.....

Would appear that he's a Clemson guy as of now

Dec 23, 2015, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Any updates from Tigerbry or T Woods?? ]

He's really close with Cornell Powell which is a huge plus. Overton had on Clemson gloves during Shrine Bowl practice. The duo of Powell and Overton would be lethal plus you'd have TJ Chase in this class and he's a versatile 'jitter bug'. So if he were to choose Clemson we'd have the rangy 6'5 WR, the super smooth take it to the house kinda guy (Powell), plus the home run threat in Chase.

Now, if he decides to stay close to home then that's just the way it is. Additionally the Pack offer the immediate playing though we've shown that we have no objections in playing guys early if they're ready. Clearly Overton knows that.

Ultimately I do believe he'll end up at Clemson. So on January 3rd @ 9PM be sure to tune in to FS1 and watch him select plus you'll get to see Tiger commits TJ Chase, JC Chalk and Sean Pollard.

Happy Holidays to all, fell free to hit me up anytime, and GO TIGERS!

Here's some candy for ya..... ;)

Re: Would appear that he's a Clemson guy as of now

Dec 23, 2015, 7:34 PM

All Overton has to do is look at who is going to be throwing the ball to him compared to what state has. No brainer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 6:25 PM

Clemson coaches will prepare you for the
NFL and the University will prepare you for life.

Dec 23, 2015, 6:33 PM

You know a lot of guys get plenty of Playing time in Division 1 as Freshman. If you don't get every snap that means you are learning and you are also next up when your ready! I have not seen CU keep anybody riding the bench that was ready to play! Maybe not as many snaps as they would like early on, but if you are a CU WR your going to get drafted for Sunday Play more than likely! Check out the Alumni currently playing your position in the NFL and the decision is plain to see! We hope to see you as a part of the family with a paw on uniform soon! Regardless of your choice we wish you the best - because you are truly talented.

Clemson lock

Dec 23, 2015, 6:43 PM

Any inside info put out as leaks this late in the process is just trying to create suspense after the Shrine Bowl,because every report coming out of it had him a Clemson lock. Heck, even the announcers of game had him a commit already.

Re: Clemson lock

Dec 23, 2015, 6:45 PM

glad to know coaching staff and family are "outside"

What if Mushcoot visits him?

Dec 23, 2015, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Clemson lock ]

we are doomed. Maybe he'll just send Bently to show the kid that he is not really that important

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What if Mushcoot visits him?

Dec 23, 2015, 7:23 PM

I just had my coot friend tell me that "Boom" is rolling on the recruiting trail. lmao.

Re he is after the Western, Charlotte and Troy commitss

Dec 23, 2015, 7:32 PM

and those with grade problems. They give Kornbutt a little to crow about and it seems to excite the Coot fanbase who tend to fall for anything.

MusChump has a crappy product to sell.

Dec 23, 2015, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: What if Mushcoot visits him? ]

Clemson is family. Clemson is a proven commodity. Dabo is ALL-IN at Clemson and is building a dynasty - the right way.

Dec 23, 2015, 8:49 PM

Brissett will be gone. Who's going to throw it at NCSU? Using early playing time as a decision-making point may be a poor decision.

Here's the truth, we are #1 and WRU

Dec 23, 2015, 8:58 PM

We offered and the coaching staff want him but if he decides not to come we aren't lacking in WR talent. We are recruiting from a place of strength.

Dabo can recruit very well anyway. Next one please.

It's great to be Clemson as we all are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic