Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Leave Brownell alone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 301

Leave Brownell alone

Mar 11, 2015, 2:35 PM

He will get it done. Everybody on here gave up. One thing Brownell's teams won't do is quit. Most of the people on this board will quit in a heartbeat.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Leave Brownell alone

Mar 11, 2015, 2:36 PM

they don't quit-but he can't recruit well enough to win

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This^^^***

Mar 11, 2015, 2:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 11, 2015, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Leave Brownell alone ]

Our recruiting has improved the past 3 classes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 11, 2015, 2:40 PM

and what do we have to show for it?-

Re: The same old crap***

Mar 11, 2015, 2:41 PM

Re: The same old crap***

Mar 11, 2015, 2:44 PM

Kind of like you same old crap.

Better, younger players

Mar 11, 2015, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Leave Brownell alone ]

Our 2 guards coming in are more talented than the 2 leaving.

Re: Better, younger players

Mar 12, 2015, 9:27 PM

well i hope they are

Mar 11, 2015, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Leave Brownell alone ]

A solid core of Freshmen and Sophomores with another solid group of 2 guys coming in?

null

Hard not to improve from what he originally did

Mar 11, 2015, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Leave Brownell alone ]

he's not a very good recruiter. His personality sucks. He's aloof and arrogant. That rubs recruits and their parents the wrong way.

Also, he refuses to adjust HIS scheme to the type of players that we can get at Clemson. His motion offense requires good jump shooters. Those kinds of guys just dont come to Clemson. they go to Dook, uncheat, UL, etc.

Re: Hard not to improve from what he originally did

Mar 11, 2015, 2:52 PM

You are a pathetic chicken fan.

null

Why do the site moderators allow losers like him on here?

Nov 29, 2012, 8:13 AM

Are they really THAT gullible?

Mar 11, 2015, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Hard not to improve from what he originally did ]

"he's not a very good recruiter. His personality sucks. He's aloof and arrogant. That rubs recruits and their parents the wrong way."

Please tell us more as you most have been recruited by Coach BB or had close family or friends recruited by him, or perhaps you have interviewed the players and families recruited by Coach BB.

We need you to talk to the board and the AD asap.

Mar 11, 2015, 3:00 PM

He is a chicken fan.

null

Mar 11, 2015, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Hard not to improve from what he originally did ]

I'm guessing you weren't even born the last time your program won an NCAA basketball tourney game. Were you?

How long before Frank gets placed on a straightjacket? Maybe Dave Odumb will come back and save your program?

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack = alltimeClemson

Mar 12, 2015, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Hard not to improve from what he originally did ]

Mar 13, 2015, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Hard not to improve from what he originally did ]

You sure you aren't thinking of Roy Williams?

What?

Mar 13, 2015, 1:56 AM [ in reply to Hard not to improve from what he originally did ]

"Also, he refuses to adjust HIS scheme to the type of players that we can get at Clemson."

So, Brownell is recruiting kids who can't run his style of basketball. Yet just the other night those kids came from behind by as many as 20 points to lose by three, and Brownell doesn't adjust his scheme? Still, this team has no talent and Brownell can't coach.

Does anyone really believe that mama gives two craps about the personality of a coach who is promising to pay the full ride on their son's education? If that's the case, then Coach K must have one bubbly personality. He must be one heck of a social butterfly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2015, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Leave Brownell alone ]

And our overall record has not!!!!When was the last time we lost to Gardner-Webb and Woolford, and in the same year????....Hum!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 12, 2015, 11:42 PM

That didnt happen this year pathetic chicken boy.

What was your previous screen name?

null

Well, he hasn't so far - that is undeniable. The only

Mar 11, 2015, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Leave Brownell alone ]

question is, how long does he get to bring in better recruits? One more year? Two more? Twenty more? There has to be a limit. He's got one, probably two more guaranteed. If he doesn't have us back in The Dance and in the top 3 or 4 of the conference by then, then they won't be able to get him out of here fast enough for me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Well, he hasn't so far - that is undeniable. The only

Mar 11, 2015, 2:45 PM

I dought we will be top 4 in the ACC but making the Dance should be a regular thing.

Yeah, 'cause that's the norm at Clemson***

Mar 11, 2015, 2:46 PM

It has happened before and can happen again, BUT

Mar 11, 2015, 2:51 PM

you certainly dont put up with mediocrity and bad play out of Brownell just because we have a poor track record. You always strive to get better. OP rebuilt us from the Larry Shyatt dark days and had us in the top 3-4 of the ACC, playing for the ACC tourney championship, took us to three straight NCAA's. Good things can be accomplished here at Clemson. BB just isnt the person to do it.

I've learned when someone's pulse is 34%

Mar 11, 2015, 2:52 PM

think the opposite :)

I've learned that when...

Mar 11, 2015, 2:56 PM

Tigernet posters spend as much time making ghey comments about posters pulses as they do offering substantive responses to the points those posters make, that usually means they are the kind of ninnies that have nothing substantive to add, and spend a significant amount of time listening to Striper (Striper, seriously?? Wow...)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pardon me, we should hire another coach

Mar 11, 2015, 4:16 PM

who builds us up and bolt. How has that worked out for us? It's fair to to say Brownell needs to produce very soon, but some act as though OP was Danny Ford. No coach ever has really gotten us over the hump. Brownell has 1-2 more years to do so. If he doesn't, I'll agree it's time for a change. Until then, I'm not looking back to a coach that bolted and did a good job, not great. And anyone with a pulse that low is hardly worth listening to. Voted on by his peers

Re: It has happened before and can happen again, BUT

Mar 11, 2015, 2:52 PM [ in reply to It has happened before and can happen again, BUT ]

You are a pathetic Chicken fan.

null

So that SHOULDN'T be the expectation?***

Mar 11, 2015, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Yeah, 'cause that's the norm at Clemson*** ]

That mentality has to change though....we have to start

Mar 11, 2015, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Yeah, 'cause that's the norm at Clemson*** ]

expecting it. No ones game is raised unless it is expected and everyone held accountable.

LMAO. Thank you. Thank you very much.

Mar 11, 2015, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, he hasn't so far - that is undeniable. The only ]

I've had a very difficult day, and I would like to thank you for posting the most comedic thing I've seen on the entire world wide web in days if not weeks.

Mar 11, 2015, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Well, he hasn't so far - that is undeniable. The only ]

> question is, how long does he get to bring in better
> recruits? One more year? Two more? Twenty more? There
> has to be a limit. He's got one, probably two more
> guaranteed. If he doesn't have us back in The Dance
> and in the top 3 or 4 of the conference by then, then
> they won't be able to get him out of here fast enough
> for me.

Wish we could get you out of here faster than a lightning strike.

Littlejohn renovation will buy him a few years.....

Mar 11, 2015, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Well, he hasn't so far - that is undeniable. The only ]

right, wrong, or indifferent

He can stay as long as he wants if he takes a

Mar 11, 2015, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Well, he hasn't so far - that is undeniable. The only ]

pay cut and has a contract laced with incentives. Giving him an extension based on a season where the team had an NBA draft pick on it yet still couldn't make the NCAA tournament is what really soured me on the whole situation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with all due respect Mr. Smiling Tiger®

Mar 11, 2015, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Well, he hasn't so far - that is undeniable. The only ]

Clemson WILL NEVER EVER be in the top 3 or 4 in the conference on a consistent basis. Every few years, maybe but NEVER yearly.

Do you really think Clemson basketball can be consistently as good as Duke, North Carolina, Louisville, Virginia, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, or Notre Dame?

The athletic administration HAD a chance to show to us and the nation how committed they were to Clemson basketball and they blew it. We're putting another Band-Aid renovation/rebuilt on Littlejohn RATHER THAN BUIILDING A NEW ARENA.

Mar 11, 2015, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Well, he hasn't so far - that is undeniable. The only ]

Why do you think Clemson basketball should be "in the top 3 or 4 of the conference" in one or two years?

Optimism is great, but seriously.
- Clemson becoming a top 3 or 4 team in the ACC in one year is not going to happen.
- Clemson becoming a top 3 or 4 team in ACC in two years is a possibility.

But realistically, Clemson has NEVER been - NEVER consistently been in top 3 or 4 in the league. They have not recruited well consistently for the life of Clemson basketball. They have had 10 players drafted in 20-25 years. Cliff Ellis was last coach to have several players drafted who played together at Clemson.

Clemson "fans" need to look at Clemson not through Football Glasses. We are in basketball as Wake Forest is in football.

I don't think we will, but it's not one or two years for

Mar 11, 2015, 3:51 PM

Brownell - it will be seven or eight, and that's not unreasonable at all. Expectations are so low it's downright pathetic. In fact, it's a joke. We're Clemson, and why in the world wouldn't we expect better? I don't give a ### what our history is - we can change it if we want to. Clemson has too much to offer to be a laughing stock in anything it is serious about.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 12, 2015, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, he hasn't so far - that is undeniable. The only ]

and in light of this, why would a top coach want to come here for basketball? A lot of things have to change in our culture before we could hire one.

Mar 12, 2015, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Well, he hasn't so far - that is undeniable. The only ]

What coach do you think could come here and get us in the top 3 or 4 in conference in 2-3 years, or even better, who would even come here to recuit and compete against Duke, UNC, Syricuse, Notre Dame, Louisville, Virginia,etc. Who do you think we are going to displace among that group? A lot more than replacing Brownell will have to change around Clemson before we get elete if its even possible.

Top 3-4 in the conference. Really?

Mar 12, 2015, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Well, he hasn't so far - that is undeniable. The only ]

Some of you people on here are in some dream world where Clemson basketball was an annual power in basketball. We have never been top 3-4 in this conference consistently. Never. Now with Syracuse and Louisville, Duke, NC, Va. We will never be there, but we can make a run every 3-4 years when we have a senior laden team. Brownell is building and you can believe that or not and live in some dream world where ran the ACC. We won more road games this year in conference than in the last 25 years. We are young and the talent we have coming in is better than that leaving. We will be a pretty good basketball team next, bank on it. We make the ncaa next year.

You people are on crack

Mar 12, 2015, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Well, he hasn't so far - that is undeniable. The only ]

This isn't Kentucky. When was the last time Clemson was predicted to finish in the top three in the conference? Never. Until there is money and support, instead of constant bitching and cries to fire the coach, Clemson basketball is going to be what it is. I know a well known assistant who said he would rather have an STD than the Clemson basketball job. The expectations are ridiculous. Let the man build a program and he will get you to the Dance. Smart ain't coming to Clemson. No other big name is coming to Clemson. Brownell has at least three more years. Either get on board or go back to bitching about football recruiting. That's all you people know anyway.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2015, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Leave Brownell alone ]

> they don't quit-but he can't recruit well enough to
> win

Why don't you go see how easy recruiting BB players to CU.

Mar 11, 2015, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Leave Brownell alone ]

Did Coach BB recruit KJ?

Also, for all the haters of Coach BB, this year was hurt by some folks leaving early:

FROM GREENVILLE NEWS: "Four years ago, Hall envisioned that four other players would be standing next to him Saturday. Hall was one of five players in Brownell's first recruiting class at Clemson.
- Guard T.J. Sapp transferred to Murray State midway through the group's sophomore season.
- Forward Bernard Sullivan transferred to Charlotte at the end of that season.
- Guard Devin Coleman transferred to Temple midway through last season.
- Wing K.J. McDaniels entered the NBA draft after last season.
- Even walk-on Carson Fields decided to forgo his senior year."

The big question related to all of

Mar 11, 2015, 3:27 PM

These transfers is, why? All of the effort to recruit them, get them on campus and then they go. I admit, I'm not as knowledgable as most of you as to why Clemson is such a terrible destination for basketball players. I understand facilities and rural setting, etc. but is there more to it? Not inciting an argument or being sarcastic, just wondering.

Another poster that just shows up after losses?***

Mar 11, 2015, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Leave Brownell alone ]

Mar 11, 2015, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Leave Brownell alone ]

Is it him or is it the entire system at Clemson? Thankfully, we are an academic institution. In fairness to him, If the door were opened up for him to start bringing in the "one and done" players, he could instantly compete with anyone. He is a good x's and o's coach. I think it would be interesting to see him with 3 or 4 one and done players.

Message was edited by: reynolds357®

Mar 12, 2015, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Leave Brownell alone ]

Have we ever been a consistent threat in the ACC in basketball???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mrs Brownell?

Mar 11, 2015, 2:41 PM

?

Mar 11, 2015, 2:42 PM

Mar 11, 2015, 3:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, that's it, I'm done.***

Mar 11, 2015, 4:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Well, that's it, I'm done.***

Mar 11, 2015, 4:11 PM

lol

Mar 11, 2015, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Well, that's it, I'm done.*** ]

Why do we accept this type of mediocrity??? Perhaps, we are not even at that level. Maybe we are just pathetic. One thing for sure is that it is pathetic to accept these kind of results year after year.

Mar 11, 2015, 4:15 PM

Joined in 2011 just now starts posting a bunch... What are your other screen names?

null

You remember after the 2010 Car Care Bowl, when the lunatic

Mar 11, 2015, 10:36 PM

fringe gave up on Dabo? Where are those clowns today anyway?

hello Stanley***

Mar 12, 2015, 10:35 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: You remember after the 2010 Car Care Bowl, when the lunatic

Mar 12, 2015, 10:43 AM [ in reply to You remember after the 2010 Car Care Bowl, when the lunatic ]

well pheebo posted above. am sure some of those clowns are on here just under different names.

Mar 12, 2015, 12:02 PM

Bruce Perry never quit***

Mar 12, 2015, 7:39 PM

Mar 12, 2015, 7:50 PM

Losing 6 of 8 to finish seems like a good definition of quiting....wake up and take your orange tinted shades off and demand better.

Mar 12, 2015, 11:44 PM

Low post count-- Check

Low Pulse -- Check

Old account that rarely posts -- Check

Pathetic Chicken troll confirmed.

null

Replies: 61
| visibility 301
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive