Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So here's what's been going on with me lately
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1223

So here's what's been going on with me lately

Jun 2, 2012, 1:09 PM

Hey everyone, long time no lunge. I figured I'd just let everyone know what happened; part of me thinks some lungers might care (yeah right), but mostly just as a precautionary tale. You'll have to forgive me for posting with my former pulsing scok (hehheh).

So after my last exam I got a call to the dean's office where they told me someone had anonymously sent them posts I'd made on here. In the week and a half that followed I had to see a clinical psychologist, had to get all sorts of drug testing done (all negative), including hair snipped off of my head. Last, I had to go in front of a professionalism committee that would ask me questions and render judgment.

So, long story short, I wasn't kicked out of school; however, after I take USMLE step one in July, I'm being forced to take a one year leave of absence before starting clinical rotations. I was devastated for a few days. Having to break the news to my family and friends was equally as bad. But, I was able to take some time and relax, get away from everything, and try to realize that this isn't the worst thing that could have happened.

I was really stupid to have posted all of the personal information and stuff about past drug use on here. I don't know if I was doing it out of pride or just plain foolishness, but it ended up coming back and kicking me square in the balls. I'm not going to get in to why a person would try to intentionally screw up a stranger's life, but suffice it to say: you win- you caused me humiliation, embarrassment beyond words, and an entire year of my life. I hope you're proud of yourself.

I'm studying really hard for the boards, and I'm going to try to blow it out of the water. After that, I'm going to try to keep myself busy. I've got a list of things that I've always wanted to do but never had the time, so I'm going to give some of those things a shot. I've always wanted to learn how to cook, so I thought I might try to get a job as a line cook under one of the rockstar chefs in town. I've also wanted to learn how to sail, so I'm going to try to do that too. I won't be getting the financial aid this year that helps out with the bills, so I'm going to have to get a job at some point as well. I might try to go back to being an ER tech somewhere just to keep myself sharp and my skills honed.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be spending as much time in here as I used to, but I just wanted everyone to know that I'm doing alright and moving on with my life.

Cheers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to know it wasn't a death sentence.

Jun 2, 2012, 1:33 PM

I think everyone here thinks it was a crappy thing to do, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Re: So here's what's been going on with me lately

Jun 2, 2012, 1:34 PM

it was beyond vial, sorry this happened to you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to find out who did it so we can

Jun 2, 2012, 1:37 PM

have him exterminated.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

We know who did it.***

Jun 2, 2012, 1:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?***

Jun 2, 2012, 4:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm. I wonder. Wasn***

Jun 4, 2012, 8:35 AM [ in reply to We know who did it.*** ]

I wasn't ever filled in. Would be good to know.

Jun 4, 2012, 8:36 AM [ in reply to We know who did it.*** ]

Why in the world somebody would do that to someone else is WAAAAAAY beyond me.

Thanks for the update, glad you're doing as well as can be.

Jun 2, 2012, 1:38 PM

I think we know who the culprit was, and for that reason, I will give every single ####### scok he keeps creating merciless sh!t. He really is the only possible explanation.

Corny, you can put me down in the "didn't believe your apology" column. You already proved you are a liar when you said you were done creating scoks--that lasted a whole week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know you are moving on, and very well it seems, and

Jun 2, 2012, 1:42 PM

who-did-what-to-who is a subject you have left in the past, but I cannot imagine a Tiger doing this to another Tiger. Sure, anything can happen, but there are a lot of non Tigers on this board and my personal bet would be there.

Very sorry it happened to you, a lesson to us all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on.***

Jun 2, 2012, 4:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I seriously doubt the offender went to any college.

Jun 4, 2012, 9:33 AM

But i could bet he may have repressed feelings from being continually ### raped at an all boys high school though.

dear, if there is anything the old woman of the lunge can

Jun 2, 2012, 1:44 PM

do...you just pass it thru the grapevine.
Best of wishes to you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck. The good guys of the Lunge are rooting for ya!!***

Jun 2, 2012, 1:45 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

and gals!!***

Jun 2, 2012, 1:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True dat!!***

Jun 2, 2012, 1:48 PM

Glad to hear you're OK and doing well.

Jun 2, 2012, 1:46 PM

The best revenge is happiness.

Are their any medical volunteer opportunities overseas

Jun 2, 2012, 1:51 PM

you could look at? Doctors Without Borders type things?

Lots of ways to turn this negative into a positive that would make you a better doctor when you return.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great idea. You have done stuff like that, and so have I,

Jun 2, 2012, 1:58 PM

and I agree with you that if it works out for Wolfe to take that route this episode could be the best thing that has ever happened to him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd imagine if that came to pass, it would really p!ss

Jun 4, 2012, 9:26 AM

Off the person who sent the emails.

Physcologist, drug testing?

Jun 2, 2012, 1:52 PM

I had no clue Med Schools were so crazy...sorry to hear and good luck. I hope you can use this bad experience as motivation to go kick ###

I hope someday that turd is in a wreck you're the ER doc

Jun 2, 2012, 1:59 PM

of course you'll be professional and not let him die
but you could withhold pain meds, say you smelled alchohol.

Corporations are people. So is Soylent Green.

Re: I hope someday that turd is in a wreck you're the ER doc

Jun 2, 2012, 6:39 PM

I like the way you think, he could also use a turkey baster for a catheter and leave out the jelly. ;)

I'm sure he enjoyed this post, but wisely chose not to reply***

Jun 2, 2012, 7:43 PM [ in reply to I hope someday that turd is in a wreck you're the ER doc ]

Sucks you had to go through all that, happy for you...

Jun 2, 2012, 2:21 PM

that it didn't cost you your career.

If the Universe is fair, the guy who did that to you will get what's coming to him.

Stay strong brah!***

Jun 2, 2012, 2:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2012, 2:53 PM

If you want to learn to sail, we have a race every Wednesday night out in the harbor. Let me know, you're welcome to come.

Drink beer at a party? Brilliant!

Wow. This just leaves me shaking my head.

Jun 2, 2012, 2:55 PM

I can't believe some people take a message board feud that seriously. So seriously that they'd try to #### up someone's life permanently. Whoever did this needs to realize there are far more important things in life that what people on a message board think of you. Wow.

And I'm happy for you that you're taking this in stride. Knock your tests out of the park then make the most of your year. And I like tdrake's idea -- see if there's some charitable work you can do for the year that will hone your skills (I already gave tdrake my point ;)).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Unbelievable, but glad to hear it wasn't worse. Foodie that

Jun 2, 2012, 4:08 PM

you are, cooking would be teh awsome, and actually, you would never have had the opportunity otherwise. I know nothing about your career, but if you can't really pursue it for a year anyway, learning to cook and sail would be a windfall win. As was said above, your happiness is your best revenge. Bitterness only hurts you, and unlike what you said, the perpetrator only wins if you allow it by letting that act ruin your life. Don't let it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seersuckers and sailing is like peas and carrots

Jun 2, 2012, 4:29 PM

Have fun! Still sucks.

1. Am I the only one without a scok?
2. Eff the cornymcpooless (if him)for going this far. This is effed up and he deserves a bath in alcohol with 1000 papercuts. This is sick.
3. Eff MUSC for taking a message board tattle tail seriously.
4. Good luck

Nope, I'm actually scokless myself. I tried once but got

Jun 2, 2012, 7:32 PM

shot down immediately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Smoke a lot of weed in your year off. It may be your last

Jun 2, 2012, 4:40 PM

chance.

Not a good plan.***

Jun 2, 2012, 5:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

;)***

Jun 2, 2012, 7:42 PM

good for you, shame on whomever and dunno about your

Jun 2, 2012, 5:40 PM

career. I don't know the full details of your situation, but if someone put the screws to me because of past drug use, I don't know that I would want to pursue anything in that field or within that organization.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

kind of rediculous reaction by them

Jun 2, 2012, 5:42 PM

based on internet message board posts

You probably could have just denied it was you and they would have no legal recourse

Probably not a good time to try to lie out of it, at that

Jun 2, 2012, 5:44 PM

point. That might have sealed the deal.

true, they go by judgment not law***

Jun 3, 2012, 12:30 AM

Well, I'm glad all your hard work isn't going to waste.

Jun 2, 2012, 6:21 PM

A cautionary tale to us all.

What a nightmare, but I'm glad most of it is over.

Jun 2, 2012, 7:11 PM

It is so hard to believe that someone on here would actually do that to
another person. Thanks for the update, we were all wondering how you were.

You are missed, glad too hear all is going as good as it can

Jun 2, 2012, 7:32 PM

be. I don't understand how someone could do that to you, and I don't understand why the med school takes a message board that seriously. People lie on message boards all the time, I find it impossible for someone to believe it word for word.

I'll miss arguing about Macs with you, hopefully you'll find time to come back to the lunge.

All the best man.

--soccer

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there are some career fields where your reputation is every-

Jun 2, 2012, 7:41 PM

thing... no medical school or practice would care if he was lying or not, doctors or those in medical field do not associate themselves with such behavior. And the ones that do, are punished.

Thank God engineering reputation is in your work/portfolio***

Jun 2, 2012, 7:54 PM

I was wondering why this post got 26 points

Jun 2, 2012, 7:39 PM

I knew you for just a short while, but I miss your fratastic/money-flaunting posting lol

So glad it wasn't a worse outcome. I hope the A.hole that got you in trouble w your school has a miserable life. One day you'll be pulling in 200k/yr and s/he'll still be alone stalking people that post on tigernet. what a freaking loser.

whotf TDd this? ugh***

Jun 2, 2012, 7:47 PM

I guarantee you one of them was the one who did it.

Jun 2, 2012, 7:51 PM

If only B-Meist actually set it up so you can see who TD'd your post...

just remembered how much I dislike people in

Jun 2, 2012, 7:57 PM

general

Good Luck and hope everthing goes well***

Jun 2, 2012, 11:20 PM

Take the misfortune in stride and it sounds like you are

Jun 3, 2012, 12:37 AM

One of my regrets is graduating from college and 2 weeks later starting a full time career. I could have easily lived a few more stress free months, while traveling and really experiencing the spice of life which has nothing to do with work. No, not spice the synthetic marijuana, but spice like the fun of carefree one night stands with girls who speak foreign languages, spear fishing, mountain climbing, learning a new instrument, learning a new language, or anything you want. It gets hard to do after the start of a career. Best of luck.

Wow. Seriously, thanks for all the kind words

Jun 3, 2012, 8:55 AM

and support. I really do appreciate it. Just for old time's sake... Here's my buddy Rufus Pawsworth Hampton swimming in Tropical Storm Beryl last weekend:

I'll swing by every now and then. Later!

Jun 3, 2012, 9:37 AM

Hating someone is like drinking poison and waiting for them to die. I'm glad to know that it's the other guy that doing that and not you.

I'm sixty years old today. I have time to do anything I want but my body refuses to cooperate. I telling you from the other end of life your attitude of viewing this situation as an opportunity and not so much as a disadvantage is magnificent.

Remember us when you hookup with them wimmins that don't speak English and post some pics here.

Luck

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tmail***

Jun 3, 2012, 11:25 AM

Glad to hear it's over and will work out in the long run...

Jun 4, 2012, 8:49 AM

Let us know where you're cooking. It's not often you get to tell a doc "I'll have a side of fries with that"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

That's real nice and all, but

Jun 4, 2012, 8:58 AM

who the eff are you?

Oh wait, you're that guy. Glad to see you lived. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

good to know you're ok! good luck in the future!***

Jun 4, 2012, 9:02 AM

glad things worked out, get a military membership and return***

Jun 4, 2012, 9:10 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CONGRATS 2009 YULE ALWAYS BE A TIGER.***

Jun 4, 2012, 9:39 AM

Holy crap dude! Best wishes to you man!***

Jun 4, 2012, 12:51 PM