Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chris Carter is spot on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Chris Carter is spot on

Sep 27, 2018, 7:06 PM

https://youtu.be/iPr6mAba85s

GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chris Carter is spot on

Sep 27, 2018, 7:16 PM

FINALLY!!!! someone with some sense. Spot on... every word.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 7:30 PM

Yeah I wish KB would watch this.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Sep 28, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Chris Carter is spot on ]

That’s because CC has been their. Most people commenting have not been in This situation

WOW!!!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 7:18 PM

Chris dadgum Carter done gon to preachin!!!! This needs to be played to every 4th year player in a situation like KB. Unfortunately, the people in Kelly’s closest circle likely won’t tell him this truth - he ain’t playing in the NFL!! Don’t burn bridges for your future by going out in a blaze of your own glory. The only one left standing will be you, with no one around.

Re: WOW!!!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 7:32 PM

Exactly!
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Amen!***

Sep 28, 2018, 9:27 AM [ in reply to WOW!!!!!!! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

somebody send this to KB***

Sep 27, 2018, 7:21 PM

Re: somebody send this to KB***

Sep 27, 2018, 8:11 PM

Someone send it to Dabo bc you can see the hurt in his face and with his body movements, but he had to do what's best for his team bc Cris is a 100% right, college FB is about the best players playing regardless of how many years they have been with a program!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

somebody send this to KB***

Sep 27, 2018, 7:22 PM

Re: somebody send this to KB***

Sep 27, 2018, 7:34 PM

Seriously! Best I’ve heard. Thank pigskin Pete .
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 7:28 PM

Cris Carter is 100% correct.
KB is probably not an NFL talent.
But he did burn bridges with the University and with alumni that may have provided him with good livelihood opportunities.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 8:13 PM

KB couldn't have bought a QB position in the pros!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 7:30 PM

Spot on. KB has burned his bridges and cannot use his benefits for his life beyond football like Tahj has done.

No lie. CC got point blank up close and personable.

Sep 27, 2018, 7:32 PM

Best commentary not from a Clemson media outlet about the situation period. That's CCarter using his wisdom to try and help some other young athletes in similar situations.

Re: No lie. CC got point blank up close and personable.

Sep 27, 2018, 7:37 PM

Exactly. And as a former outstanding college and professional athlete, he comes across as very sincere in considering KB’s best interest. Hard truth told in a sincere manner is powerful. I wish he could meet with KB.

Re: No lie. CC got point blank up close and personable.

Sep 27, 2018, 7:38 PM [ in reply to No lie. CC got point blank up close and personable. ]

I agree pigskin Pete who has a YouTube and Twitter feed , talking football every afternoon at 4 , recommended it. And it is pure gospel
GO TIGERS!!!!!

since when do sports shows speak reality?

Sep 27, 2018, 7:37 PM

Crazy stuff right there, this is the stuff I enjoyed growing up...

ESPN and FoxSports these days most of the time is garbage. Top top stuff right there.

That's the smartest thing I've seen a commentator say

Sep 27, 2018, 7:38 PM

in a long time.

Also I like how on this show they don't just yell and spit at each other all the time. I'll have to start watching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's the smartest thing I've seen a commentator say

Sep 27, 2018, 7:48 PM

I agree he should mentor.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 7:49 PM

I still don't get this narrative of "Kelly Bryant competed with Deshaun Watson...Kelly Bryant sat back and waited his turn behind Deshaun Watson"...no he didn't. He sat behind Scheussler. He was 3rd string, people. Not 2nd string....he was competing with Scheussler for the 2nd string spopt to be behind Watson, and never overtook him to be competing with Watson.

You're ruining the revisionist history TMan

Sep 27, 2018, 7:51 PM

Sep 27, 2018, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Chris Carter is spot on ]

He says that in his speech - says "you were competing against Deshaun Watson? Please. No, you went to practice with Deshaun Watson."

Sep 28, 2018, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Chris Carter is spot on ]

I had forgotten about that, but you are absolutely right, when a backup was needed when ever DW4 got banged up on a play, It was Scheussler who ran out on the field and NOT KB2. So basically the starting job was actually handed to Junior QB Kelly Bryant bc there was nobody with any experience at all but RS Freshman Zerrick Cooper, true freshman Chase Brice, true freshman Hunter Johnson, and that other guy that transferred, red shirt Sophomore Israel... The first time that KB2 had a real challenge, that was from the #1 HS recruit Trevor Lawrence!!! We all know what happen there, if KB2 wasn't going to start every game, he just quit!!!

Wow! Absolutely on freaking point

Sep 27, 2018, 7:52 PM

Easily the best thoughts I've heard so far around the situation

Re: Wow! Absolutely on freaking point

Sep 27, 2018, 7:53 PM

I agree, I watched it twice and wish I thought of it.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 7:56 PM

KB is a graduate of Clemson University. He can be a graduate transfer and go anywhere. He just won't get to be a part of his fourth Straight national championship playoff team. What a great era for Clemson football he has had the privilege to be a part of. He was the starting QB between Watson and Lawrence. Giving up so much to transfer - I hope it is a great one year experience for him. Always felt that he left it all on the grass every time he played for Clemson. Limited skill set only when being compared to great players.
I hope that long term he can mend fences, be happy and enjoy this great run he was a big part of.

Sep 27, 2018, 8:03 PM

KB is a graduate of Clemson University. He can be a graduate transfer and go anywhere. He just won't get to be a part of his fourth Straight national championship playoff team. What a great era for Clemson football he has had the privilege to be a part of. He was the starting QB between Watson and Lawrence. Giving up so much to transfer - I hope it is a great one year experience for him. Always felt that he left it all on the grass every time he played for Clemson. Limited skill set only when being compared to great players.
I hope that long term he can mend fences, be happy and enjoy this great run he was a big part of.

I agree. I hope he'll be invited back at any time to watch a game & enjoy his alma mater. I certainly wish he would have stayed, but if he feels leaving is best for him, then that's what he needs to do. I'm like Dabo, I can't be mad at Kelly for that.

He won't enjoy the alumni priviliges that he could have

Sep 28, 2018, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Chris Carter is spot on ]

Who invites their ex-son-in-law to the family party? That doesn't mean you hate him or don't wish him well or that you wish bad things upon him, just means that he chose to abandon the family to pursue his own path. KB had every right to do that. But he still won't enjoy the same privileges around the univ that guys like Tajh or Boulware or others have.

Sep 27, 2018, 7:58 PM

I am now a huge Chris Carter fan, well said

Sep 27, 2018, 8:01 PM

Love Chris Carter. Was a great college player, great pro, and good man. Always listening to him.

Sep 27, 2018, 8:03 PM

Yeah I thought “wow “ Chris Carter should visit KB. Mad respect for him Now.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 8:01 PM

Dang man. This is spot on. Gained some respect for Chris Carter watching this but it did make me even more disappointed for Kelly. As much as he has given to this program and to see him throw it away bc he feels in the moment that he didn't get a fair shake is a travesty. Love what Chris says about making a 40 year decision not a 4 year. Get the best of football, don't let it get the best of you. That's some wisdom.

Sep 27, 2018, 8:13 PM

I just wish KB had someone let him hear this.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Chris Carter is spot on ]

Yeah, it's very smart and unless things go amazing next season, there's a good chance KB will regret this move in the future. Since technically he could have just quietly redshirted after this year, I wish he had given it a few games to think things over. There was no harm in sitting out against Syracuse and Wake, etc. and making a decision once the emotional factor reduced. In fact, you could argue it would be helpful for him as a transfer prospect to see him not playing, but still remaining an emotional leader of the team on the sideline if he chose to redshirt.

Perfect. Even I have played blind to long term....

Sep 27, 2018, 8:05 PM

Sep 27, 2018, 8:07 PM

Thanks for posting bc if ever the hammer hit the nail on the head, Cris Carter drove the nail with one swing!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 8:14 PM

Absolutely agree.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 8:15 PM

Wow, it's hard to argue against a single thing he said. Great job here, CC

Sep 27, 2018, 8:25 PM

Could not have been said better. Hammer meet nail.

Mic drop

Sep 27, 2018, 8:28 PM

Just SPOT ON

Re: Mic drop

Sep 27, 2018, 8:31 PM

Agreed, best ive heard.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 8:43 PM

All CC does is catch touchdowns. Dude has just scored another one. He’s spot on. KB2 will regret his decision in years to come.

Sep 27, 2018, 8:55 PM

Yes he did.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 9:41 PM

That was really good. Thanks for posting.

Sep 27, 2018, 9:48 PM

You’re welcome sir but pigskin Pete told me about it. Check him out.
https://youtu.be/L74NHWSAtlg

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 11:16 PM

Yes that’s right I broke this story!
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Sep 28, 2018, 12:34 AM

Exactly what I've been saying as well...

Clemson family takes care of its own, especially loyal players that go through a frustrating situation like KB did. I'm sure most major universities do to some extent, but at CU that family tradition is even stronger.

And no matter what KB dreams at night, he was never going to be a QB in the NFL and the Clemson family and its connections would have definitely taken care of him going forward in life with a cushy job, assistance, references or whatever else he would have needed.

Now he's flushed all that down the toilet and burned his bridges on the way out the door and will finish out his college career at a place that won't be invested in him as a person, even if he ends up starting every game for them (and I don't see that happening unless its a triple option team).

Sep 28, 2018, 12:59 AM

Exactly right, the kids today don't want it difficult . . they choose to walk or work around it. It would be better for KB to stay and enjoy it. He'll pay, who knows, maybe he earns the start back. But we'll never know and he won't either. He's not playing QN at the NFL level no matter where he goes to play a season in College.

Sep 28, 2018, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Chris Carter is spot on ]

One thing kB has is a Clemson diploma. Regardless of what happen this man received his education and it should serve him well

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 28, 2018, 9:53 AM

Agree 110% with Carter !!!

he needs to think about 10, 20 years from now

Sep 28, 2018, 10:51 AM

when they have the National Championship team reunions and celebrations. Can he even show his face back for these events after what he's done and said? Right now, not likely.

Trading a lifetime of brotherhood for a forgotten year at maybe Maryland or Arkansas?

It's a very rash decision with terrible, long-lasting consequences. What a shame.

Re: he needs to think about 10, 20 years from now

Sep 28, 2018, 2:08 PM

I guess that maybe the only question left for him now. Is all that gone.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

No, he will still be welcome

Sep 28, 2018, 4:23 PM

Everyone will forget and TL will become legend

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic