Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Read this Article on Dabo. My Entire Impression of him has
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Read this Article on Dabo. My Entire Impression of him has

Nov 27, 2008, 7:21 AM

changed. I thought he would be a risky hire, but now I am sure Clemson should hire him. He is one in a million. He will find success for Clemson. He has built his life on finding success even in the worst of times. No wonder the guy is such a gifted recruiter.

http://clemson.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=882281

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am an old time Clemson man. And I would take a blue-collar

Nov 27, 2008, 7:40 AM

hard nosed guy like that and go to war with him any day of the week and twice on Saturday.

Unless the big name comes from Oklahoma, Swinney is our man.

And I am glad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am an old time Clemson man. And I would take a blue-collar

Nov 27, 2008, 7:49 AM

I agree 100%. Have always thought there was something special about him, now I know what it is. This is the type guy we need, not some big-name egomanic.

Re: I am an old time Clemson man. And I would take a blue-collar

Nov 27, 2008, 9:07 AM [ in reply to I am an old time Clemson man. And I would take a blue-collar ]

Coaches like Dabo don't come along everyday. Hopefully he will get the job and restore Clemson back to the glories of the eighties. He has overcome in everything in life and like you said a Clemson blue-collar guy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fantastic article***

Nov 27, 2008, 7:44 AM

Great Article * A must read about Swinney

Nov 27, 2008, 8:15 AM

Whether God allows Swinney the job or not, Swinney will be successful in whatever he does.

This what those of us in the "Dabo camp" have been

Nov 27, 2008, 8:24 AM

trying to say!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

an interesting note on that...

Nov 27, 2008, 8:27 AM

one of the guys he stayed with for a while is now, incidentally, the Fire Chief down the road here in Seneca.

Small world.

Re: an interesting note on that...

Nov 27, 2008, 9:15 AM

We could do a lot worse, but not any better...this guys sets an example and does nto give up...how can you do any better than this...and how can yuo tell him no? He will succeed, either here or someplace else, I hope its here

The man is a winner.***

Nov 27, 2008, 8:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. MUST READ everybody.***

Nov 27, 2008, 8:48 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want this guy on my side of the field!***

Nov 27, 2008, 8:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok did anyone else think that pic of Dabo looked

Nov 27, 2008, 9:32 AM

an awful lot like Ben Seaver from Growing Pains??

Like I've said all along this man should be our HC! *******

Nov 27, 2008, 9:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's is indeed a "Rocky" type story...I had no idea...

Nov 27, 2008, 9:49 AM

Nothing inspires and touches me more than to see a young man fight through adversity in life and end up a winner.

Perhaps I have indeed been too narrow-minded with respect to Dabo.

While I still believe that TDP must approach this head coaching position objectively, from a business-minded perspective, TDP does need to factor in some of the intangibles that Dabo brings to the table.

This article gave me a new perspective on why he relates to recruits so well and they to him.

-Marc Edwards

Great Article. All the best to Dabo whether he stays at

Nov 27, 2008, 9:54 AM

Clemson or not.

Re: Read this Article on Dabo. My Entire Impression of him has

Nov 27, 2008, 10:02 AM

I think Larry Williams just sunk the eight ball for Dabo. Great article!

Nice story, but "TB is good Christian man."

Nov 27, 2008, 10:09 AM

I like Dabo. If he manages to beat the coots I don't see how he should not be our next coach.

That said, we need the BEST coach for Clemson at this point in time. If that person is Dabo, great. If it is someone else, we thank Dabo, give him our respect, and move on.

Character matters, but so does winning. If it was only character that counted, TB would still be our coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, it's really that simple.***

Nov 27, 2008, 10:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay... Dabo is a winner!***

Nov 29, 2008, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Nice story, but "TB is good Christian man." ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Best article I have read in a long time.***

Nov 27, 2008, 10:26 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for posting - what a guy!!! GO TIGERS!******

Nov 27, 2008, 10:50 AM

Why would one article convince someone either way???***

Nov 27, 2008, 10:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would one article convince someone either way???***

Nov 27, 2008, 11:33 AM

It didn't, just reinforced what I knew all along.
Can't think of anyone else who could do what he's done in in the same circumstances. CAN YOU?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

I really like Dabo a lot. I don't know whether he should

Nov 27, 2008, 11:42 AM

get the job or not. Phillips is much closer to the situation and the strengths and weaknesses of each candidate.

Also, there have been thousands of people in this country who have overcome negative circumstances to reach high.

The two guys who ran for President this year come to mind. I don't want either as our football coach though.

Not sure what that has to do with hiring a HC...

Nov 27, 2008, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Why would one article convince someone either way???*** ]

for the Clemson football program. Maybe he should write a book and go on Oprah. But nothing I read in that article qualifies him as the HC at a BCS program. Nothing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's personal story is indeed inspirational...

Nov 27, 2008, 11:25 AM

He's come through a lot in his life, and he obviously knows how to cope with adversity. But what bothers me is that, after the stint at Bama, he left coaching. Why weren't there any offers for him then?

Tommy Bowden was obviously impressed with him during the time they had spent working together earlier, and thought enough of him to hire him when he wasn't even working in football. But when you think about that, it sounds kind of odd, doesn't it? Bowden, a coach earning $millions at a BCS football program hiring a guy for his coaching staff that wasn't even a coach at the time? Bowden also retain an OC who was an obvious disaster, and that decision may have ultimately done a lot to end his tenure at Clemson. I'm not equating the two decisions; just noting that Tommy Bowden's judgement and football instincts aren't the best, and are evidently motivated by feelings instead of analysis and practical judgement.

I sense that a lot of people here are using a "Bowdenesque" mindset in their desire for Swinney as HC. That was a great article, but it didn't really sell me on Dabo as a football coach. It sold me on him as an admirable fellow.

Clemson should hire the best football coach we can get.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no matter what happens Saturday, Dabo should get another yea***

Nov 27, 2008, 12:17 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Read this Article on Dabo. My Entire Impression of him has

Nov 27, 2008, 12:34 PM

Great article on a great individual...things we should appreciate and understand....BUT he is not the HEAD coach we need now....this is not a reason to hire a HEAD coach....call him when he gets the experience we need. Dabo stay around and be the head coach in waiting.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic