Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vacation home donation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,376

Vacation home donation

Aug 3, 2015, 1:55 PM

Hi, my brother is in the military and bought a vacation home in Surfside beach, a block from the ocean. We have remaining summer weeks available that we couldn't get rented. We decided it would be best to donate the weeks to deserving families with children with illness or disabilities who probably couldn't afford a vacation otherwise. We're trying to get everything lined up quickly due to him deploying to Afghanistan in September. If you know of anything feel free to send me a text or call me at 864-901-8864. Thank yall, Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vacation home donation

Aug 3, 2015, 2:08 PM

So, so nice! What a great outreach!!! Thanks on behalf of all those who might respond. Your, and his, generosity is exemplary. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2015, 2:12 PM

It's not on me its all him. He is the home owner. Just helping in the search. Thank you though.

Aug 3, 2015, 10:00 PM

Nice! Both of you deserve kudos. Him, probably, more than you, but I can tell you both believe in this cause. Thank him for his service above and beyond the call of duty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can always check with the Ronald McDonald

Aug 3, 2015, 2:22 PM

folks and let them know of your very generous offer. They're in that business and I'll bet could help....and those guys do an incredible job

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

United Way is usually a good place to go

Aug 3, 2015, 2:30 PM

They could direct you to another group that could help as well. Another thought would be Make A Wish foundation.

On the tax side of things, you will not get a tax deduction as a charitable contribution for donating the use of the property.

Very nice thing to do.

Re: United Way is usually a good place to go

Aug 3, 2015, 2:32 PM

I've spoke with a couple different children's hospitals and organizations today. Waiting to hear back from them. Thank yall for the recommendation.

Aug 3, 2015, 3:01 PM

what about kids who have parents with mental disabilities? There are a lot on this bored.

You all have a big heart. God bless you and your family for such a generious gesture.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2015, 3:03 PM

That's completely fine. My brother is in the medical field and worked in a cancer unit I think that's the only reason he mentioned that. We're mostly just looking to help kids out who are disabled medically or mentally and where the parents wouldn't be able to afford a vacation for them.

Aug 3, 2015, 4:56 PM

Contact MUSC in Charleston or other nearby medical centers. Their staff members would likely have candidates. Also contact television stations serving the Grand Strand as they too might know of a family in need.

Very kind gesture:

World needs more people like you.***

Aug 3, 2015, 10:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,376
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic