Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many T-Netters are refusing to watch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 152
| visibility 1

How many T-Netters are refusing to watch

Dec 18, 2011, 7:19 PM

the MNC Game?

I know I am. I can't stand the fact that a Conference Champion is playing a team from their same division that they already defeated on the losing teams home field.

Please Board Coots don't respond as we all know you will be watching since you think that being part of the conference in some way entitles you to a part of the Championship even though conference wise you were just as irrelevant as Alabama should have been in the NC picture.

It is a complete failure of the system to have this game as the NC matchup and I will not feed the propaganda machine that pumps the SEC. OK St deserved that shot by a mile over Bammer. OK St played the tougher schedule and had higher quality wins than Bammer did all season long.

It is a freaking shame that the system works the way it does!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Not watching. Not interested.***

Dec 18, 2011, 7:21 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not watching. Not interested. Same here and not

Dec 18, 2011, 7:33 PM

watching any pregame hype either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ditto not watching***

Dec 18, 2011, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Not watching. Not interested.*** ]

I'm still mulling it over. But regardless of what I do, I'm

Dec 18, 2011, 7:21 PM

hoping that a lot of people don't watch it, at the risk of sounding potentially like a hypocrite!

I'm watching.

Dec 18, 2011, 7:22 PM

I just like to watch good football, regardless of the political implications...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You said good football

Dec 18, 2011, 7:26 PM

did you watch the first game between the two?!?!?!?

;)

^The reason the system will forever be broke.***

Dec 18, 2011, 8:59 PM [ in reply to I'm watching. ]

^ thinks that his decision to watch, or not, will matter

Dec 18, 2011, 9:02 PM

Unless you are a nielsen family it will have precisely zero impact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not intended as harshly as it sounded.

Dec 18, 2011, 9:05 PM

I'd also add that there are other ways that watching, or not watching, may matter. If your TV service (Tivo, and some COmcast boxes) aggregates viewing statistics then it could, potentially, be noticed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand what you are saying tiger_thom

Dec 18, 2011, 9:10 PM

I made a statement in a prior post a few days ago that I knew my impact was so small it made no difference at all, it was sort of my way of not feeding the monster.

You know what I mean!!

;)

Absolutely.

Dec 18, 2011, 9:11 PM

I'm all for the system being changed.

It ain't gonna happen any time soon, but I wish it would.

My point.

Dec 18, 2011, 11:58 PM

Yes, you are absolutely correct. My decision to watch or not will not impact the BCS in one way or another, but if the masses decide that they are not going to participate in it any longer, then advertising dries up along with the BCS.

It won't happen. I understand this, and it won't happen because people love college football, like the poster above. And the BCS is going to continue to bastardize college football because people love the sport and can't miss an opportunity to watch it.

Re: ^The reason the system will forever be broke.***

Dec 19, 2011, 1:38 PM [ in reply to ^The reason the system will forever be broke.*** ]

ESPN and their love fest with the SEC

My level of interest = 0 ***

Dec 18, 2011, 7:22 PM

nm

Re: How many T-Netters are refusing to watch

Dec 18, 2011, 7:24 PM

I will not be watching the game,but I hope Oklahoma ST. rolls Stanford and that Bama nips LSU by a missed PAT.
If that scenario( and I hate if's...) happens then you would have a one loss LSU,Bama, and Oklahoma St.

Dec 18, 2011, 7:24 PM

I'm not watching, and I hope Oklahoma State wins in a blowout and LSU smashes Alabama so that we can end this BCS nonsense.

Dec 18, 2011, 7:32 PM

I do not plan to watch it either! just no reason for this game! OK State would be much better game and worth watching

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need a playoff and if we did, LSU and Bama

Dec 18, 2011, 7:34 PM

would play again anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, but

Dec 18, 2011, 7:38 PM

they would have been on opposite side of the bracket!!

If it were a four team playoff it would have been:

2)Bama Vs 3)OK St
and
1)LSU Vs 4)Stanford

to get to the MNC!!

at least that way Bama would have proven they deserved it over OK St rather than biased polls making the decision off of the field.

If OSU had beaten ISU, it wouldn't matter.***

Dec 18, 2011, 7:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

true

Dec 18, 2011, 7:40 PM

I can't argue with that, but I can argue strength of Schedule which is supposed to matter!!

I don't know if Oklahoma State is better than Alabama

Dec 18, 2011, 8:15 PM [ in reply to If OSU had beaten ISU, it wouldn't matter.*** ]

or if Alabama is better than Oklahoma State. But there is one thing I do know. LSU is better than Alabama. They proved that in Tuscaloosa.

Given their resumes, Oklahoma State deserved a shot.

And I don't buy the fact that they are playing in the title game because they are the two best defenses and defense is what wins championships. I guess Auburn and Oregon didn't get that memo last year.

As good as their defenses are, their offenses are just as bad.

But they didn't, and it does

Dec 18, 2011, 8:28 PM [ in reply to If OSU had beaten ISU, it wouldn't matter.*** ]

I've said all along that I don't weep for OKST because once you lose a game, to anyone, you didn't do all you HAD to do in order to b#### and moan about it.

But the system is broken. The rematch is just a symptom of the myriad of issues it has.

It is patently ridiculous for teams to be playing in a division of football that no matter how well they play they will never be given a chance to win (Houston, had they won their conference championship game comes to mind).

It is likewise ridiculous that in what is, to me and many others, the best sport on earth that we determine who gets the title based on voting rather than settling it on the field.

And it is BEYOND ridiculous that folks suggest these issues cannot be overcome as there are a MILLION possibilities, some better and more feasible than others, to fix em.

Re: We need a playoff and if we did, LSU and Bama

Dec 18, 2011, 8:25 PM [ in reply to We need a playoff and if we did, LSU and Bama ]

How do you know if they would play again in a playoff? Can you see the future?

1 vs 4
2 vs 3

LSU vs Stanford
Bama vs Ok St

I don't think either one of those two would walk away with an easy win

lol

Dec 19, 2011, 10:56 AM [ in reply to We need a playoff and if we did, LSU and Bama ]

Why play the games when you can just decide by opinion?

Easy for you to say, but completely impossible to know***

Dec 19, 2011, 3:10 PM [ in reply to We need a playoff and if we did, LSU and Bama ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Dave, I'm fishing again and putting a new interior in my car

Dec 18, 2011, 7:43 PM

I will watch one game (OB) for sure. Other than that I just can't say. It for sure I am not making provisions for a MNC party.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both of which I would say

Dec 18, 2011, 7:45 PM

are better than watching the repeat of the first matchup between those two squads!!

Both are better than any drug I've ever tried.

Dec 18, 2011, 7:55 PM

I really appreciate your opposition to the system but I happen to think if LSU wins then we have a real NC team. If they loose then all hail should break lose. Of course to qualify my opinion I must say that IDGAF. If Clemson ain't in it I have trouble giving an eff about who is playing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ignorant post...the two best teams are playing each other,,,

Dec 18, 2011, 7:44 PM

that's the goal every year.

What tells you

Dec 18, 2011, 7:46 PM

that Bama is better than OK St?

OK St lost to ISU, I get that, but OK St also played a much tougher Schedule than Bama.

ISU Played a tougher schedule than Bama, did you know that?!?!

lol,,,much tougher schedule??? BS. Even so, that doesn't

Dec 18, 2011, 8:11 PM

mean they're better than Alabama. Alabama would curbstomp OkSt. Know that.

Since you feel so strongly about that

Dec 18, 2011, 8:46 PM

why don't you show us opponent by opponent where Bama's Schedule was stronger than OK St?

I bet you will not do it, because it is impossible to disprove a fact!!

and if schedule strength makes no difference then tell me why Bama would curb stomp OK St with proven facts.

Why is that ignorant?

Dec 18, 2011, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Ignorant post...the two best teams are playing each other,,, ]

Ignorant of what exactly? The fact that a HUGE percentage of the population feels OkSt is just as potent as Bama or LSU? That's not ignorance.

Re: Ignorant post...the two best teams are playing each other,,,

Dec 18, 2011, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Ignorant post...the two best teams are playing each other,,, ]

I'm not watching because I've already seen the most boring game of the year. Why would I want to watch offensive ineptness again. 'Bama had their shot "at home" against LSU and lost. Let someone else have a shot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama gets a chance to redeem themselves = Bullsh

Dec 18, 2011, 7:58 PM

nm

Dec 18, 2011, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Ignorant post...the two best teams are playing each other,,, ]

That is your opinion coot and shocked you'd be the one to defend it. Alabama isn't better that OK st, have you watched these two crappy offenses play?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crappy offenses? Are you retarded? Let......me......type..

Dec 18, 2011, 8:14 PM

slow.......for...........you...........Have you seen Alabama's and LSU's defenses? They're pretty good. Maybe that's why their first game was so low-scoring. Oh, by the way, Corky, how did those "crappy" offenses fair the rest of the season? Average points per game, (if you know)?

Let me use all caps for YOU...B.O.R.I.N.G***

Dec 18, 2011, 8:15 PM

nm

LOL. Let me guess, I'm ignorant AND retarded****

Dec 18, 2011, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Crappy offenses? Are you retarded? Let......me......type.. ]

nm

Re: LOL. Let me guess, I'm ignorant AND retarded****

Dec 18, 2011, 8:19 PM

no you arent...

Re: Crappy offenses? Are you retarded? Let......me......type..

Dec 18, 2011, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Crappy offenses? Are you retarded? Let......me......type.. ]

What does it tell you about the offenses that bama played when a 1-AA team scored the most points against them.

Ignorant post.the two best teams are playing each other,,yes

Dec 18, 2011, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Ignorant post...the two best teams are playing each other,,, ]

yours is

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ignorant post.the two best teams are playing each other,,yes

Dec 18, 2011, 8:24 PM

Oky st has the same record as Bama but against alot more teams with a winning record...Oky st got screwed...imo

exactly

Dec 18, 2011, 8:26 PM

nm

We'll never know if they are the two best teams right now...

Dec 18, 2011, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Ignorant post...the two best teams are playing each other,,, ]

in play-offs--the NFL just for example, occasionally the public thinks that maybe the two best teams are in the same conference and whoever wins it will easily win the SuperBowl. But so often, it doesn't turn out that way.

Throw in the fact that some teams match up better with others and the surprise factors in a playoff system is what keeps the public so transfixed

Once again, for the totally bored, the BCS was the brainchild of former SEC Commissioner Roy Kramer to ENSURE there'd always be an SEC team in the National Championship game. But anytime you have polls helping determine who those teams are--as we've seen with the voting records of some coaches this year--the system is open to being influenced adversely.

Maybe one of these days (and the BCS contract ends in a couple of years), the NCAA will get the cajones to tell the SEC to GFI and set up a playoff system with all the other major conferences. Till then, we're stuck with gamecock a$$holes who contribute nearly nothing to SEC football arrogantly telling us all how great the Big Dogs really are..

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is ignorant

Dec 18, 2011, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Ignorant post...the two best teams are playing each other,,, ]

Is that we somehow have a system wherein 'best' is all opinion and not settled on a field.

Wrong, biased media says these are the two best teams.....

Dec 18, 2011, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Ignorant post...the two best teams are playing each other,,, ]

Problem is... we don't really know who the two best teams are without being determined on the field. When coaches vote to place a good team down the list just because they don't like them, or vote a certain team way up the list to help their conference or SOS, then the system is compromised. Very simple, the system is broke!

Nobody knows this for certain. What is certain, however, is

Dec 18, 2011, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Ignorant post...the two best teams are playing each other,,, ]

that Alabama could not beat LSU at home, this season. So all of this "regular season is special" nonsense that the BCS keeps feeding us has been exposed as an absolute sham.

OK State may or may not be better than Alabama. They may or may not be better than LSU. Instead the BCS system is "choosing" a team over them that already had their chance during the regular season and lost.

It is a crock of #### and I will not be watching the MNC game and I'm encouraging those that I know to do the same. Punch BSPN in the ratings gut on this one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2011, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Ignorant post...the two best teams are playing each other,,, ]

Brain washing to some is so simple....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2011, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Ignorant post...the two best teams are playing each other,,, ]

Is that posted from your Blackberry? They may be the 2 best teams but the proponents of the BCS say that the regular season is a playoff. If this is the case Bama was eliminated.
Problem is mostly resolved by only allowing conference champions to play for the championship.
Really if Bama beats LSU then the series is tied for the season. Rematches are stupid!

It will be hard but I am going to boycott.

Actually your post is the ignorant one.

Dec 19, 2011, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Ignorant post...the two best teams are playing each other,,, ]

This game is not an objective championship. I am sick of hearing how the regular season is the playoff. If that is the case, Alabama lost it's playoff game. They are in because of the polls. Don't argue that fact because even the SEC network (ESPN) stated such.

I have nothing against Alabama, they are a good team. But they blew they're shot. I don't think OK State can beat LSU but they earned they're way to the game.

From a television standpoint, I hope this is a disaster.

Dec 18, 2011, 7:50 PM

I'm not watching it. LSU earned their spot in that game, Bama did not.

I'll probably watch just to pull for a blowout of Bama. I

Dec 18, 2011, 7:53 PM

would definitely boycott if there was a team out there with no losses being denied a shot. But everyone else has at least one loss and, let's face it, a loss to Iowa State is worse than an OT loss to the current number one.

I pointed you, but

did you realize that ISU's strength of schedule was stronger than Bama's and that game was the weekend following the OK St plane crash killing two Women's Basketball coaches.

Very tough to pull a team together after such an event!!

Yes, I'm sure it was very hard to have to play a game

Dec 19, 2011, 12:30 AM

of any kind. I would rather see Ok. State play LSU, no doubt.

It really is time for a playoff. It many sports with a

Dec 18, 2011, 7:56 PM

play off, MOST times, the "ranked" #1 does not play #2. Many times NEITHER make the championship.

Here's what I want...

Dec 18, 2011, 7:56 PM

I hope LSU blows out Bama by 30 points. Then i can sit back and laugh as the conversation turns to, "Hey! Oklahoma State wouldn't have lost THAT bad!" I'm still not watching.

Re: Here's what I want...

Dec 18, 2011, 7:59 PM

I'm not watching either...I've already seen the game of the century once and I dont think I could stomach that again...

A tainted and nauseating ESPN love fest****

Dec 18, 2011, 8:01 PM

nm

Not watching

Dec 18, 2011, 7:57 PM

Have to trade a night of watching football with a night of Sex in the City reruns. Not happening to watch an ESecPN rerun.

Re: I could care less about this arrangement.***

Best thing that could happen on that night....

Dec 18, 2011, 8:00 PM

A rerun of Clemson's 2011 Orange Bowl victory over WV.

Dec 18, 2011, 8:00 PM

If im at home and got nothing else to do I will watch,if im flipping channels and its on sure I will watch some of the game.I just hope LSU Lays a big fat egg and as much as I hate to say it,hope Bama puts 50 pts on em.

Dec 18, 2011, 8:07 PM

I hate that it has came to this but i try not to watch any game with an sec team playing. So im with you.

Dec 18, 2011, 8:25 PM

If they are using this as the determining factor for the MNC if Bama wins then why not have a third game so it would be best 2 out of 3. I saw maybe 3 or 4 teams that had great chances of beating either team or at least beat Bama.

Not watching reruns from earlier in the year.***

I won't be watching. I don't think I could possibly be less interested in who is going to win the NC this year. We need a playoff in a bad, bad way.

Dec 18, 2011, 8:29 PM

I have better things to do than watch it! OK ST. deserved it bama didn't.

As a SEC homer I wish Oklahoma State was playing LSU

Dec 18, 2011, 8:33 PM

so the SEC could prove on the field they are the best conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

This matchup wont verify nor validate that****

Dec 18, 2011, 8:35 PM

nm

I agree

Dec 18, 2011, 8:36 PM

that's why I wish OSU was in the game.

Just because a team from your conference wins it all

Dec 18, 2011, 8:37 PM [ in reply to As a SEC homer I wish Oklahoma State was playing LSU ]

doesn't automatically make that conference the best. SEC has some really bad teams in it.. The SEC is top heavy with LSU, Bama, and Arkansas, but after that it falls off drastically. From top to bottom the SEC IS NOT the best conference in the nation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with your initial statement

Dec 18, 2011, 8:44 PM

but your second part is what makes the SEC the best conference. All conferences are top heavy if they have a MNC caliber team. The SEC generally has more MNC caliber teams than any other conference.

That's why the SEC has won the last 5 and soon to be 6 titles.

Four teams in the SEC finished inside the BCS Top 9. The next highest number was 2 from the Big 12 and Pac 12. There was no representative from the Big East, ACC or Big 10 in the top 9.

Hard to argue with that.

IT certainly suggests that at the top the SEC is better.

Dec 18, 2011, 8:47 PM

It doesn't determine total conference strength, though there really is no metric to determine that.

That style of thinking is what prevents progress***

Dec 18, 2011, 8:58 PM

What?

Dec 18, 2011, 9:00 PM

What progress does that line of reasoning prevent?

And I"m open to listening if you really think there is a true metric to determine "better" when it comes to conferences.

I'm all for a playoff between conference champs, but even that wouldn't determine "best" when it comes to comparing conferences.

You're being a contrarian just to be contradictory

Dec 18, 2011, 9:04 PM

It happens a lot in politics. All of the evidence points in one direction but the opposite side of the argument stands against it because "you can't make me believe it."

Which conference do you believe is the best?

We both know deep down you know the SEC is the best conference but you just don't want to admit it.

You could argue the Big 12 is.***

Dec 18, 2011, 9:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You CAN argue anything you like

Dec 18, 2011, 9:09 PM

whether it is true or not.

Just like how you're arguing that the SEC is undoubtably

the best conference. It's not necessarily true, but USC fans will argue to the death that it is.

As I said, I'm not going to waste my time arguing

Dec 18, 2011, 9:12 PM

philosophy.

Top to bottom, the Big 12 is better than the SEC...

Dec 18, 2011, 9:13 PM

That would make them the better conference.

And I've heard and read many "pundits" nationwide say

Dec 18, 2011, 9:16 PM

exactly that.

But this year, the chickens and the rest of the SEC don't want to consider conference strength "top to bottom". They just want the world to know that the two teams "Voted" 1 and 2 are in the SEC. The "voted" aspect makes it worthless.

Hypocrites one and all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what are you arguing?***

Dec 18, 2011, 9:18 PM [ in reply to As I said, I'm not going to waste my time arguing ]

Then why are you on a rivals board if you don't

Dec 18, 2011, 9:28 PM [ in reply to As I said, I'm not going to waste my time arguing ]

want to argue? Stupid A$$ coot!

Ahh the old, "Your opinion isn't true" argument.

Dec 18, 2011, 9:10 PM [ in reply to You CAN argue anything you like ]

"Best" is opinion.

It is arguable.

That was my point.

I just said you can argue anything

Dec 18, 2011, 9:11 PM

what are you disagreeing with now?

Please, Please show me team by team that the SEC

Dec 18, 2011, 9:08 PM [ in reply to You're being a contrarian just to be contradictory ]

is the better conference top to bottom and don't use the well we beat you arguement, because a one game scenario doesn't work in this arguement.

Example:

Clemson Beat Auburn
Auburn beat the Coots
Coots beat Clemson

Who is really the better team?

I agree with Tiger_Thom there is no definitive way to tell top to bottom who the best conference is!!

I don't care about "top to bottom"

or "pound for pound best fighter"

One or two teams don't make a conference. HTH!***

Dec 18, 2011, 9:14 PM

What about 4 or 5?***

Dec 18, 2011, 9:17 PM

SEC doesn't have 4 or 5 really good teams

Dec 18, 2011, 9:21 PM

Y'all aren't that good, haven't played anyone...Same with Georgia. Arkansas is a pretty good team, I'll admit, but who do they play outside Bama and LSU? Outside of Bama and LSU, the SEC has nothing special to offer and some downright bad teams...And Bama didn't really play anyone either outside of LSU.

I'm sorry, did I say I didn't think the SEC was the best?

Dec 18, 2011, 9:08 PM [ in reply to You're being a contrarian just to be contradictory ]

The fact is though, thats an opinion I hold. My evidence is based on watching games and 'thinking' that the SEC probably is the best conference.

'Best' in this case is entirely subjective, and an argument can be made that the Big 12 is, top to bottom, better.

While I don't think (again, think, not know) so, I do know that there exists no metric to judge that with any confidence.

That's all that matters Thom

why waste our time with philosophical arguments when we both know the SEC is the best?

Because I don't "know" that.

Dec 18, 2011, 9:12 PM

And nor do you.

We may both "think" it, but we don't "know" it.

I think there is a pretty important distinction there.

Its the same distinction that needs to be made when talking about who is better between OKST and Bama. Its all opinion.

Still leading the anti-progress charge I see***

Yeah, thats me.

Dec 18, 2011, 9:14 PM

I'm all about squashing progress.

Geez

What is your basis for that opinion, Books?***

Dec 18, 2011, 9:14 PM [ in reply to That's all that matters Thom ]

Are you going to try and answer the question, toogs?***

Dec 18, 2011, 9:28 PM [ in reply to That's all that matters Thom ]

So, for the record...

Dec 18, 2011, 9:43 PM [ in reply to That's all that matters Thom ]

You're just talking out of your ### as usual.

Do you have to make it so obvious?

Follow the money and you will understand why

Dec 18, 2011, 9:00 PM [ in reply to I agree with your initial statement ]

SEC teams are constantly ranked at the top. It's not because they are the better teams. Who did Bama play this year? Arkansas? Now LSU, there is no argument, they played the toughest schedule and went undefeated.

It wouldn't prove that

Dec 18, 2011, 8:40 PM [ in reply to As a SEC homer I wish Oklahoma State was playing LSU ]

But it would bolster an argument.

Fact is nothing can settle such a debate as its all based on opinions and biases.

And I don't much think the system should be arranged or tweaked to try and answer that question as it should be geared to settling, on the field rather than based on votes, who the best TEAM is, not conference.

Re: Still leaning on that crutch?***

Dec 18, 2011, 8:45 PM [ in reply to As a SEC homer I wish Oklahoma State was playing LSU ]

Dec 18, 2011, 8:39 PM

If they are using this as the determining factor for the MNC if Bama wins then why not have a third game so it would be best 2 out of 3. I saw maybe 3 or 4 teams that had great chances of beating either team or at least beat Bama. Now I think both teams are in top 10 but lets face it if both or either were in another conference or were independent we would not have this situation. When I say they are in top 10 I mean it would be hard for any team to beat both teams 2 times. My biggest problem is that this is theweakest I have seen the sec in a long time. On a given day Baylor,Okla. St. Houston or one or two other teams have a chance to beat one or two of them. Nowafter saying all this I do believe that LSU is the top team in the country but would have a tuff time taking the 13 best teams and go undefeated. Still would put my money on LSU.

I'll be watching it.

Dec 18, 2011, 8:42 PM

I love college football, and I'm one of the few who didn't think the first game was boring at all, but I do enjoy a defensive battle.

Lined up on paper either Bama or OKST had a claim to #2, so I'm not outraged that one or the other of them was chosen, but rather that we have a system which bases this decision on opinions and voting rather than settling it on the field.

Not watching, not interested! It's a joke period.***

Dec 18, 2011, 8:45 PM

Re: Yep, that is a pretty weak matchup. What happens if

Dec 18, 2011, 8:45 PM

BAMA wins? LSU will be pissed losing to a team they already beat! ESecPN will be happy either way. Total BS!!

didn't watch the first one. Surely won't watch this one.***

Dec 18, 2011, 8:46 PM

Dec 18, 2011, 8:53 PM

Not me ... I can not stand the love fest on esesn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as I love field goals, not watching.***

Dec 18, 2011, 8:56 PM

I'm with you CUTigerDave. It's a total sham.

Dec 18, 2011, 8:58 PM

No one can convince me it wasn't a money grabbing scheme.

IMO, the MNC game is a game to ....

Dec 18, 2011, 9:00 PM

determine who the actual SEC champ should be. No way does it reflect who is the best in the nation. Too many other teams out there to chose from

Dec 18, 2011, 9:03 PM

count me in. I'm not watching. The only BCS game I will be watching is the Orange bowl, and I will actually be there for that one. So, will not turn on the TV for the BCS. FU*K'um.

I will not. I love defense and defensive games. I watched

Dec 18, 2011, 9:08 PM

the first match up and didnt see anything that overwhelmed me. It was good defenses that were playing below average offenses. They may be great defenses, but I havent seen either team play good offenses. Therefore, this game will be as boring as the last. Good defenses against mediocre offenses.

I'm torn between watching

Caddyshack or Blazin Saddles
I will not be watching the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I will be watching the Orange Bowl

Replay of us kicking WVU's @$$

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not watching and encouraging others to do the same.

It actually DOES matter. Every rating point is worth approximately $4 million or so to BSPN for the duration of the broadcast. Though sponsors have already paid, if the ratings are low, BSPN will have to comp these ads later, instead of selling them.

Every viewer, or non-viewer, makes a difference. Count me out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not watching that game or any other...

Dec 18, 2011, 9:19 PM

bowl game after new years day that starts after 7:00 p.m., with the exception of the OB - and I'm only watching that one because my team is playing in it. When I have to leave home at 5:15 a.m. for work, no way I can stay up late every night watching football games...and you can Tweet that.

You got it right, Dave

Dec 18, 2011, 9:21 PM

I have no interest in watching the rematch.

only reason i'm watching it is bc i love CFB. they're lucky

Dec 18, 2011, 9:22 PM

that i love CFB :)

For the love of CFB, you might want to reconsider.***

Dec 18, 2011, 9:25 PM

Z

Dec 18, 2011, 9:33 PM

Lakebum,

Arkansas was way out of our league and we finished #9. I would say uga is comparable to us.

I'll not watch!!***

Dec 18, 2011, 9:58 PM

Dec 18, 2011, 10:03 PM

If they have good ratings. We won'ttttt see the last of TWO SEC teams playing for the NC many many times over and over and over and over!!!!!!!!!! ESPNSEC will be sure their conference plays for the big bucks almost on a yearly basis....

Watch Elle esse eweand bammer????

Dec 18, 2011, 10:08 PM

I'm watching WWE that night. Let's vow to make the Jan 9 WWe the most watched Monday ever!!!!!

Not refusing to watch - just not interested. Mostly for the

Dec 18, 2011, 10:23 PM

reasons you stated though.

Been there - seen that. Bama lost at home...that was their shot, they shouldn't get another one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or I could have just said "What joeyb said." ******

Dec 19, 2011, 8:55 AM

null

Worthless game

Dec 18, 2011, 10:53 PM

Two best teams though. Of all my complaints about the BCS, this isn't one of them. The goal of the title game is to put the two best teams against each other, and it does, IMO.

I'd rather see Ok St against LSU. Or any other conference champion. But the truth is that Bama is, in my opinion, a better team than anyone else this year with the exception of LSU.

many more will claim to "boycott", than actually do

Dec 18, 2011, 11:07 PM

i agree that bama had their chance at home, and blew it..but i love college football and will watch it, hoping for a good game.

GoTiguhs!!

Dec 18, 2011, 11:49 PM

Didnt watch the first and ain't gonna watch the second one either. When the Orange Bowl is over so is college football in my opinion.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not watching

Dec 19, 2011, 6:36 AM

Not interested in a rematch
Not interested in an SEC love-fest
Not interested in the hype
Not interested in patronizing a broken system

Dec 19, 2011, 7:53 AM

I probably won't watch it.
I'd rather not contribute to perpetuating the ridiculousness of the BCS selection "process".

I AM NOT WATCHING!!!!!! Point***

Dec 19, 2011, 8:14 AM

So now you are not a Tiger fan if you watch the MNC? What is

Dec 19, 2011, 8:41 AM

yoru problem dude? You have so many rules for being a fan...

Expalin how you reached that conclusion please

Dec 19, 2011, 8:45 AM

We are holding our breath........

Says you are a coot if you watch the game***

Dec 19, 2011, 12:03 PM

Says I don't want the Coot's

Dec 19, 2011, 12:05 PM

SEC bias in the replies!

I was asking strictly Tiger Fans

Nice try, but you

Dec 19, 2011, 8:45 AM [ in reply to So now you are not a Tiger fan if you watch the MNC? What is ]

will not get under my skin today!!

In my post no where does it say anything at all about being or not being a Tiger fan by watching the MNC Game.

It was simply a question to see who agreed with me that it is ridiculous to have this rematch.

From the responses it seems to me that there are a lot of people that feel the way I do.

Thanks for trying!

omgthis guy'sacompletetool****

Dec 19, 2011, 8:48 AM [ in reply to So now you are not a Tiger fan if you watch the MNC? What is ]

nm

I'm not "refusing". Just not making any plans to watch.

Dec 19, 2011, 8:53 AM

I'm not looking to make a political statement. I am disappointed that this has happened, and I think it's awful for college football, but moreso I just am not interested in the game. So, if a friend invites me to his viewing party, I'll probably go, but if I'm home that night, I will find other things to watch.

null

Dec 19, 2011, 9:14 AM

Might watch it. Might not. Just really indifferent to seeing something I have already watched.

Dec 19, 2011, 9:22 AM

I will also not be watching. I officially hate ESECPN.

I'm watching..Roll Tide!!!***

Dec 19, 2011, 9:53 AM

I want a PLAYOFF but I will watch, no partial SEC claim

Dec 19, 2011, 9:58 AM

to a "BCS Championship" from this coot. I do enjoy the bowl payout splits we get each year from having two bcs bowl teams.

All I've ever said about the SEC is that we get to play in much better venues against teams who's fanbases are crazy about college football. In turn, they attend their games against us in the upside down dead cockroach in the middle of crack warehouses. This helps us fill up Willy-B for TV. At Commissioner Slive's request we refrain from serving them the doo-doo ice. ;)

I won't be watching either.

Dec 19, 2011, 10:58 AM

This rematch is retarded, as is the BCS.

Re: I won't be watching either.

Dec 19, 2011, 12:17 PM

What does the ACC need to do to get a team in the mix?

I won't be watching the SEC West Championship game either***

Dec 19, 2011, 12:19 PM

I'll shoot my TV Elvis style before I let that be shown o it***

Dec 19, 2011, 2:04 PM

Will watch the ACCCG that I recorded

Dec 19, 2011, 3:49 PM

Plan on rewatching the ACCCG again. When ESPN started the crap about it during the regular season, I made up my mind that I would refuse to watch teams from the criminal conference again.

Sorry - I think the best two teams are playing... if you

Dec 19, 2011, 4:03 PM

think the SEC hype is propaganda, examine the last 5 or 6 MNC games and the SEC's record over that span in bowl games. I couldn't care less about which conference you are in. All this conference bickering has to stop. I think Bama is slightly better than Ok St, although it is close. Don't watch if you want - but you'll be in the minority. It's not Bama's fault that they play in the toughest division (SEC - W) in college football.

Dec 19, 2011, 4:14 PM

To each his own, but I wouldn't consider not watching the game. It's the last college game until next fall, of course I'm watching it.

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

Replies: 152
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic