Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Won't surprise me to see Buckeyes in 2020 CFP due to..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Won't surprise me to see Buckeyes in 2020 CFP due to..

Jul 22, 2019, 5:05 PM

Fields at QB & another boat load of 4*s & a 5* or two, but probably not going to happen in this upcoming 2019 CFP poll, but close though.

OK will be a watch & see team too what with solid talent, Hurts & very good coaching staff.

Interesting year for sure what with Bammy hurt mentally over 44-16 loss, new slew of coaches and some mean teams after them like LSU, Ga, etc.

and Ga with boat load of talent as usual..

plus, is this Michigan's year after all.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Won't surprise me to see Buckeyes in 2020 CFP due to..

Jul 22, 2019, 5:19 PM

So outside of Bama and Clemson, you basically agree on the other four candidates that most everyone does?

Lol. Just giving you grief Bill. Glad to know where you stand, as always.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Won't surprise me to see Buckeyes in 2020 CFP due to..

Jul 22, 2019, 5:20 PM

There's no doubt that Ohio State's offense fits Fields a lot better than UGA's did...but Fields looked terrible as a passer at UGA and he looked even worse in OSU's Spring Game where he was 4 of 14, and the only thing that kept it from being a total wash was he did hit one long bomb in that game.

You look at his high school tape - the tape, mind, not the highlights - and again you'll see a guy who was wildly inconsistent from play to play. His team lost four or five games even his senior season and Fields was consistently in games the entirety of the way because while he put up big stats, especially running the ball, he'd vanish out of games and be ice-cold and utterly ineffective for long stretches as well, missing easy throws, missing easy reads, making inexplicable and baffling decisions with the ball.

Maybe the staff there at OSU can smooth all that out, but if the problem was that despite his physical gifts he simply doesn't process information well - which I personally suspect - then Fields could bust spectacularly as well.

Be a fascinating story to watch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will the Sooners have an improved

Jul 22, 2019, 5:26 PM

Defense capable of helping their offense. I like Jalen, but it's hard to see the Sooners produce like they have the past three seasons.

Oregon will be a strong possibility for the CFP, in my view. It starts with Auburn, which, on the other hand, will launch yet another series of wails of angst on The Plains. I'm no LSU fan, but I'm getting a stronger feeling they could be the SEC (and only one) participant. The B1G...I have no idea...tOSU, until someone can prove otherwise.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree OSU has too many key uknowns to expect top 4 play.

Jul 22, 2019, 5:44 PM

A frosh QB for the most part plus a frosh coach, following Urban no less. I don't know that there is a foundation in place at OSU to deal with much adversity. I don't see any team from the B1G this year being all that exceptional - Harbaugh's best opportunity so far.

It's hard to think a hat trick at OK is possible with Hurts also. That's been some crazy mojo these last few years following Stoops, and doubtful they have the D to make up much for a dropoff in offense.

I got a 1-loss LSU making it out of the SEC into the CFP over Bama (reg) and Fla or UGA. I don't know how an all-world QB in Fromm makes it happen all the way with practically ZERO experience at WR. That's just too glaring a hole to brush off like they've been doing. We certainly inspired some coordinators on both sides of the ball in scouting Bama. They're as vulnerable as ever now with much added pressure to boot.

My CFP picks for 2019 today would be Clemson vs LSU (1/4) in the Peach and Texas vs Oregon (2/3) in the Fiesta.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Whoa LOU!

Jul 22, 2019, 5:58 PM

You got some big marbles on you, predicting that is!

LoL but very I N T E R E S T I N G!

With that crowd I assume Tigers are the 2019 Natty Champs in your book.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You betcha!***

Jul 22, 2019, 7:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic