Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which states do you follow high school football in?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 901

Which states do you follow high school football in?

Dec 13, 2018, 10:54 AM

Which states do you think are the best for high school football entertainment? I of course follow SC since I grew up here but overall SC high school football isn't the most exciting, with the messed up playoff system and lack of great games typically.

I follow Texas slightly but it's too large and complex to really get a good grasp of it. Also games that are 66-55 are not that uncommon, offense has completely taken over.

My favorite state to follow is Louisiana. When we used to visit my grandparents on thanksgiving down there I would look at the playoff brackets in the local paper and always be interested. The state has great talent and it is balanced. There is a great amount of parity in Louisiana football, different teams win in different years. Good mix of private and public schools, the playoffs feature a fun 1-32 seed system in which there are many close games and good matchups based on seeds (not simply based on geography like in SC) and upsets happen. Also the state championships are held in the Superdome and that is a lot of fun.

what's your personal favorite state to follow for hs football? (now when I say "follow" I don't really follow until the playoffs)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which states do you follow high school football in?

Dec 13, 2018, 12:27 PM

Ohio because I live there also the local school has won a state championship and is routinely in the playoffs till very late. They have several kids from here and the cross town rival that play major college ball and a couple in the NFL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mostly South Dakota***

Dec 13, 2018, 1:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how many competitive teams are there in SD?***

Dec 13, 2018, 4:54 PM

Re: how many competitive teams are there in SD?***

Dec 13, 2018, 5:46 PM

One more than Alaska.

I usually try to follow Scotland HS

Dec 13, 2018, 7:08 PM

Because that’s where I went but this year they sucked so I haven’t really followed any of them. I wish there was a good hs football team around here, Kingstree SC, I would love to take my kids to a game.

Vermont

Dec 13, 2018, 8:02 PM

They aren’t allowed to tackle so it’s flag football but every time you pull your opponent’s flag you have to give them a compliment. It’s electric stuff. Highly recommend

Replies: 6
| visibility 901
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic